Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by greavous View Post

i ask for hc boss because almost 1/2 the group are over 565 and dont need normal anymore (but have downed garrosh outside guild group) so we want to try an easy heroic for the heroic loot.

ALSO!!!!!!! while i remember what addon do you guys reccomend to obtain logs? the ones that show uptime of abilities and suck like so we can see whos failing most.
    Harsh reality check. If you can't kill gala on normal with half the raid at 565 I'd stop having heroic aspirations. Noru is easy as a hc boss though.

www.warcraftlogs.com for logs

Deleted
    we can kill him its just alot harder than it needs to be, one week he dies second he does'nt, furthest we've been is shamans and we wiped a few times and gave up, we blame it on we have 4 melle and only 2 ranged so more people in storms than needs to be.
    we swapped a DK for a hunter (same person) but his hunter is less geared but hopefully the range and less need to move will compensate for his low damage (we go by damage done not dps).

also how do i use that website?

This is what you said to me on the EU forums

"tbh im not looking to improve on a person by person basis atleast not until were doing just heroic for p4 normal, weve gotten 1/2 way as we are so we cant be terribly wrong, im just looking for overall tactics/ minor changes that can make a huge difference but not on a personal level e.g. the 2 stacks rather than 1 stack on galakras.

im not looking to make our team realm first quality just enough to finish normal with a couple hc kills, it IS possible just requires alot more time and effort."

You're a prot pala and have battlehealer gylphed as well as taking sacred shield. You couldn't be doing it more wrong. It's the tanking equivalent of getting someone in your raid to kick you in the nuts every time the boss hits you. Yet you completely disregard the advice dreaming of a magic bullet to solve your problems. Like I said in the other thread, I'm done. I just wanted this to serve as a warning to others that trying to help you is likely a waste of time.

Have the tower tank save cooldowns to the second tower, the ranged lady hits quite hard. You should absolutely be 2-healing this. Split the raid into 2 stacks when Galakras lands, situated at left and right side of the back of it. If someone's stacks get too high have them switch to the other side temporarily.

Deleted
    well we started fresh last night and managed to down all the first 4 bosses first try (except norushen took 2), we 2 man healed galakras and it took 4 attempts but it worked alot better everyone but tank died at 4% health rather than 11% so we are improving, i think we just need more practice at the new tactic and we proceeded to down juggernaut first try aswell.

hopefully shamans will die just as easily (5 attempts?) next time and thanks to everyone here for the suggestions.

for the towers without healing i managed to only go as low as 50% hp on tower 1 but tower 2 i took healer still, had to Lay on hands once when i got hit for 600k (had guardian up aswell).

also to answer deja's comment, i like the way i play and if i were to switch everything you asked me to, im a slow learner and likely take a few weeks to get into using it, yes it may not be the apparent 'best way' of doing it but it still works obviously, and the 'magic bullt' well the new tactic helped us alot on the boss and also on the adds by utilising the NPC's and flamestrike. so yes this is our magic bullet and exactly what we are looking for.

yes we are a casual guild but that doesnt mean we cant try, if you dont want to help us then dont but others are willing to, only takes 5 mins to post suggestions.

[QUOTE=greavous;28300302
    also to answer deja's comment, i like the way i play and if i were to switch everything you asked me to, im a slow learner and likely take a few weeks to get into using it, yes it may not be the apparent 'best way' of doing it but it still works obviously,

yes we are a casual guild but that doesnt mean we cant try, if you dont want to help us then dont but others are willing to, only takes 5 mins to post suggestions.[/QUOTE]

It works because you are attempting a boss with gear a full 14 item levels above what the instance drops.

People do want to help you but you basically dismiss their advice. I mean, how hard is to to drop the battlehealer glyph which is gimping the crap out of your survivability? Casual doesn't have to mean mediocre. In fact, if you're on a light schedule I'd imagine you'd want to maximise your chances but each to their own.

/walks away

Why even ask for advice if your response is, "I can't follow it for arbitrary reason"?

being casual isnt an excuse for being bad.

INFRACTED: Please post constructively. -Nobleshield
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2014-07-18 at 06:22 PM.

Deleted
    to deja, you keep saying you leave and walk away yet you keep talknig and answering me, now my original question was advice on tactics or general help not a personal (i feel its an attack) on me for what i chose to use, i understand how usefull it may be but it doesnt fit my play style and ill leave it at that and i hope you do too.

to trystero, i followed the tactics given and it helped alot, i didnt ask for advice on my stats/talents only for what to do as a group on the boss and adds. so im following help given no tactics just not given for my personal game choices.

to shi, casual is a term for someone who doesnt play to be pro only to play to have fun, Bad is a opinion as we (our raid team) all believe we are doing well but it seems alot of people seem to think we suck yet this is the most fun we have had in warcraft, im just here to get friendly advice on tactics for bosses but (as usual) it turns into a debate about my talents and picks which everyone uses to turn against me.

all i wanted was help on tactics for galakras, sorry if i worded it wrong so ill word it again for shamans.

what tactics would people suggest would help my raid team in shamans, we do fine until we reach (going clockwise) the main gate where it happens to wipe half the raid it not one specific abiltity (mist or wall) just seems a single person gets caught in something and they insta die. could there be anything we are missing tactics wise (not just be more aware, etc) on this boss that could drasticaly improve our chances like the galakras tactic. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Harsh reality check. If you can't kill gala on normal with half the raid at 565 I'd stop having heroic aspirations. Noru is easy as a hc boss though.

www.warcraftlogs.com for logs
    Yeah seeing how Galakras is one of the easiest 2 or 3 heroics. If doing the normal version is killing you then heroics might not be an option since that is one of the heroic fights you would be looking at.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

hello, my guild is stuck at galakras. we get him to about 11% and we wipe because of his 77 flame stacks.
    our dps is 3 people over 200k+ (warrior, warrior, death knight) and 2 people 140k+ (hunter, warlock), we 3 heal as neither of our healers can solo ground when the tower team is gone.
    weve killed him before but usually its by luck that 1 tank is alive long enough to solo the last 5% ish, we find juggernaut simple but shamans are a problem aswell. our average ilvl is 558, we have people over 560 ilvl but he just seems so difficult.
    we don't want to have to degrade ourselves to bypassing it by getting someone in whos saved.

any help would be appreciated
    One of the things you can try is when the boss drops drag him to the beginning of the bridge have tanks back face the water and tank him this allow the NPCs to enter the fight.

as far as groups our guild stacks behind boss in 1 group if you get flame on you just back out of group til flame hits you and debuff wears off then move up.

to deja, you keep saying you leave and walk away yet you keep talknig and answering me, now my original question was advice on tactics or general help not a personal (i feel its an attack) on me for what i chose to use, i understand how usefull it may be but it doesnt fit my play style and ill leave it at that and i hope you do too.

to trystero, i followed the tactics given and it helped alot, i didnt ask for advice on my stats/talents only for what to do as a group on the boss and adds. so im following help given no tactics just not given for my personal game choices.

to shi, casual is a term for someone who doesnt play to be pro only to play to have fun, Bad is a opinion as we (our raid team) all believe we are doing well but it seems alot of people seem to think we suck yet this is the most fun we have had in warcraft, im just here to get friendly advice on tactics for bosses but (as usual) it turns into a debate about my talents and picks which everyone uses to turn against me.

all i wanted was help on tactics for galakras, sorry if i worded it wrong so ill word it again for shamans.

what tactics would people suggest would help my raid team in shamans, we do fine until we reach (going clockwise) the main gate where it happens to wipe half the raid it not one specific abiltity (mist or wall) just seems a single person gets caught in something and they insta die. could there be anything we are missing tactics wise (not just be more aware, etc) on this boss that could drasticaly improve our chances like the galakras tactic. thank you.
    just one quick comment before I give you a shamans tip--raiding is a team effort , personal choice doesn't come into it -you do whats best for the team regardless of if its best for yourself or not . gimping yourself is fine , gimping your team isn't.

Now for shamans -- 3 tank it --have two tanks take the boss that drops ashen wall up the hill toward the next boss , well away from the group , the other tank kites the other boss as normal , send 1 healer and 2 melee dps up the hill , the others stay at the bottom .

If one of your Mdps doesn't have a tank OS then it is going to be harder for you , you have to make sure that ALL ashen walls are dropped so that they are facing along the outside parimeter of the kiting area , not sticking out at all . your tanks CAN NOT USE AOE AGRO AT ALL , if you do the blobs that spawn will go straight to the tank/melee group causing unnecessary damage . you ranged must agro and kill them asap , get your hunter to ice trap and snake trap them then ranged aoe them down asap. save hero for last 20%

Deleted
    thanks sul ill take the 3 tanking into account, would it be possible for a 562 frost dk to tank harrom while the other tank loses stacks, rather than swap on 5 each time swap 5 for tank then 3 for dps, if thats possible i dont know the time length of the debuff. he has tank OS im just thinking of keeping the dps up with him in frost spec since hes plate wearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    just one quick comment before I give you a shamans tip--raiding is a team effort , personal choice doesn't come into it -you do whats best for the team regardless of if its best for yourself or not . gimping yourself is fine , gimping your team isn't.

Now for shamans -- 3 tank it --have two tanks take the boss that drops ashen wall up the hill toward the next boss , well away from the group , the other tank kites the other boss as normal , send 1 healer and 2 melee dps up the hill , the others stay at the bottom .

If one of your Mdps doesn't have a tank OS then it is going to be harder for you , you have to make sure that ALL ashen walls are dropped so that they are facing along the outside parimeter of the kiting area , not sticking out at all . your tanks CAN NOT USE AOE AGRO AT ALL , if you do the blobs that spawn will go straight to the tank/melee group causing unnecessary damage . you ranged must agro and kill them asap , get your hunter to ice trap and snake trap them then ranged aoe them down asap. save hero for last 20%
    If you tank him in the throne room you don't have any issues with aoe taunts and slimes.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Split the teams into two teams, and have 3 balls go to one side, then swap.

Left > Left > Left > Right > Right > Right

Whoever gets the fourth, if they're on the left, moves to the right side, and everyone keeps doing that. 3 one side, 3 the other. That'll clear stacks nicely and severely reduce healing issues.

Aside from that, it might simply be a lack of skill. Galakras is exceptionally easy and while I don't wish to diminish your issue, there are plenty of guides, videos and tutorials on how to do these encounters now. With all those tools at your disposal, there is zero excuse for failure in Normal Modes, so it probably comes down to laziness or slacking.

I think you should understand that advice directed at a specific person can be a personal attack, it isn't always. For example:

"Stop being a baddie using talent/glyph/gem XYZ."
    This is a personal attack.

"By using talent/glyph/gem XYZ you're substantially decreasing your survivability. Since you previously said that you're having survivability issues, I'd recommend using ABC instead."
    This is not a personal attack.

You can have the best group tactics in the world, but if all your raiders are using suboptimal talents/glyphs/gems, you're going to struggle. Likewise, you could have perfect personal setups, but poor tactics and again, struggle. In order to succeed, you need a mix of both of these things. You shouldn't discount things off hand just because it's advice directed at a player and/or it's different than they're used to. I know I used to be in a rut about certain things, but I needed to improve my game to defeat harder bosses, and I discovered that the talents/glyphs I previously ignored were actually quite potent. Just because you might do worse because you aren't used to it, it can be very beneficial in the long run.

I hope you don't take this as an attack, as that is not its intent.

Using the two groups strategy will help you on galkaras though it makes things a little more complicated than necessary given your raid ilvl you should be able to burn him with hero standing as a group having just the target run backwards and individual people resetting stacks. If your guild can't solo heal the ground phase during towers it's either the banners are not dying, the dragons are not being shot down fast enough (either forgetting or tower taking too long to clear) or the dps on the ground is simply getting behind on adds. Without logs we cannot say which but none of them should be happening.

Shamans is best 3 tanked until you learn it as a guild and no a frost DK will likely not survive long enough to reset stacks. If you can't 3 tank you will have to put a lot of pressure on the healers to keep people up, ranged to burn the slimes asap and the tanks to keep the bosses together for cleave dps + dropping the slimes away from the melee + dropping ashen walls along the outside of the arena. It's a cluster of abilities that will simply need to be learned by smashing face against it.

That being said, you differentiated casual from bad and that's good being casual does not make one bad in any way. However reality is reality you can think you're doing fine and that your raid is doing fine but neither is true. Given the ilvls you're speaking of the boss should quite simply just fall over even if people are playing for fun. Some of your raid are clearly pushing the "Bad" side of the line, even then it's not the end of the world or a personal insult. Maybe some of them don't read forums and would be welcoming to advice on how to help the raid progress smoother.

Maybe some of them are like you who willfully weaken your play, lower your raids success then defend it by saying you feel personally attacked when people offer you advice. It's not gear and from what you describe of the boss you know enough to set up a workable strategy, that really only leaves one place to struggle. Ignoring the real problem means it's still there and will only complicate things when you get to last few bosses that actually require certain numbers of output and coordination to down.

can i ask what these stacks are?

i've cleared it like the 2nd week of release and can't remember what these stacks are. even now no matter which of the 5 90s i take in from ilvl 538 to 575 i don't even think about stacks. Just back out when you get targetted by galakras fireball thing.

can someone remind what these stacks are?

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    can i ask what these stacks are?

i've cleared it like the 2nd week of release and can't remember what these stacks are. even now no matter which of the 5 90s i take in from ilvl 538 to 575 i don't even think about stacks. Just back out when you get targetted by galakras fireball thing.

can someone remind what these stacks are?
    The more raiders that intercept the fireball, the less it hits for on the entire raid. However each raider that intercepts it gets a stacking dot. Therefore you need some rotation so that people can reset their stacks if they get too high (by moving out and not intercepting the fireball), while having enough people stay stacked to intercept it so its splash damage won't one shot you.

Reminds me of Year 1 where no one believes there is anything beyond the mountains.