Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Killing 2 Paragons at once?

Hey guys, earlier today I was on my alt Warlock doing some lfr and had some funny stuff happen on Paragons. The raid couldn't decide whether it wanted to kill Skeer or Rik'kal first, and they both were dropping quickly. They got to 1% each...and then poof @_@ They both died! Hisek healed back what we had cleaved off him, but it was very surprising to see two of them die at once as I didn't even think it was possible. I'm working on Heroic Paragons now on my main, wish you could pull this off there lol XD

Has anyone else ever seen this happen? I don't have a screenshot or anything since it was alt LFR >_<, but it was pretty cool to watch :P

That sounds like one of them "one in a million deals." Surprising you pulled it off in an LFR because I don't think my guild, even if perfectly coordinated, could pull off killing two at once.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed my guild have tried this damn near every reset for last 5 months, never got it, I have however heard of a friends guild doing it once before,

Did it months ago in flex/etc, basically requires very good timing to literally kill them at the same time so the healing back up doesn't occur on one.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Suppose you could get them low enough, then have locks with havoc finish the rest? More trouble than its worth probably :P

Deleted
    it may take more skill to kill 2 at once than just following regular tactics.

It's also possible to kill two things on the Siegecrafter belt at once as well. Havoc makes it very easy with regards to timing. Shadowburns are instant and have no travel time.

or could be LFR hotfixes, you know removing the half a mechanic the fight already has?

we managed to do it on flex when boosting with main raiders..Basically killed them both instantly

It's just one of those freak things. Probably pointless to try and coordinate it.

Deleted
    Pure luck, all I have to say.

Its technically possible I guess, get 2 down to kill range with a single tick of an AOE. Then use that single AOE. The game should register as both targets getting damaged at the same time.
    Chronomancer Club

I remember it happening a few times on Meg last tier

tried this on belts many times to no avail

Just have your super amped tank take em down.

When i'm in scorpion form my cleaves crit for millions of damage. Bring them both to about 2 mil and then just do a cleave, lol.

It's definitely doable, done it a few times in flex, just bring em low and scorpion swipe for 5m and they both die
    Retired hunter

I wouldn't risk revolving a strategy around it however, as it can prone to lots of frustration than just doing it the normal way. Grats on.. the achievement of killing two at the same time I suppose haha.

Yeah we did this in heroic by complete accident. Tank scorpion cleave happened.

Just happened to me in flex. Kilruk and Karoz were the last ones left and the raid leader didn't mark so they both happened to die at the same time. Makes me wonder if some of the world first kills relied on this bug.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guild did it a couple times on consecutive resets (Normal), primarily cause DPS wanted to pad by cleaving and spreading dots. First time was surprised, second time thought to myself "This is easy". Haven't done it since, primarily cause we are speed clearing for the week at that time.

I fail to see how this is a "bug" though. Sure, it's avoiding a mechanic of the fight, but it's about timing not exploiting a bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I could throw a shoe out of my window and hit a more reliable source than noxxic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    But Tennisace I want you to provide a solution. You're our only hope.