Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    first.. thank god a blue post over flying in wod!

second.. 6.1 is the last date that i am willing to play with no flying! behind that i unsub to a day that flying is enabled!

horde garrison art director is a alliance player!

thank god i am alliance! horde garrison are ugly and poor..

the horde garrison art team have failed so much..
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2014-07-14 at 10:28 AM.

Deleted
    What is Maiev Shadowsong doing in the ally garrison? :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breseis View Post
    Actually that comment is kinda in the middle. A lot of us like being on the ground more than you think we do. While others... The lazier ones... want to skip fighting trash and just fly to their quest and be done with it. Being on the ground is a lot more fun than it is being put off to be. We are seeing a lot of detail, and it kinda gives you a sense that there are actually other people in the game instead of just flying around seeing empty roads.
    Well, from now on, I'm guessing you'll only level any alts you create on the ground? So, in Northrend, when possible, you'll just stay on the ground right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanas View Post
    What is Maiev Shadowsong doing in the ally garrison? :O
    That not Maiev. It's just one of the Watchers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm gonna go Alliance for WoD because I hate that snowy garrison D: I've always disliked snowy zones...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawri View Post
    I think I'm gonna go Alliance for WoD because I hate that snowy garrison D: I've always disliked snowy zones...
    Yeah, I thought we'd have more choices with garrisons. Choosing our own Draenor zone, customizable followers, more building themes to choose from. Everything is subject to change, but sigh.

While my main characters are Alliance, I like very much the Horde Garrison style. It's really nice.

I admit some criticism: the absence of artwok and furniture of the other races than the Orcs/Humans in the garrisons is a pity.

I think that a nice solution could be if some furniture shops were created by Blizzard (the same as barber shops for character but specifically for garrisons), the players would be able to pay some gold to refurnish their garrison buildings and/or the buildings themselves (for instance, the worgen style and the blood elves style are very different).

I'm a level designer, and seriously, I really don't understand what they wanted to do with the Horde garrison.

They totally nailed the Alliance environment, where buildings are located and the feeling you get out of a real garrison.

On the other hand, the Horde Garrison lacks serious L.O.V.E., it seems created on the fly with building and environment placed in random location. I understand the "isolated & desolated" and the "we don't give an F as long as it is functional" mentality of the Horde, but seriously, it's lifeless and I don't understand the thoughts behind it.

I will never understand why not flying is that much of a big deal to people. Not trying to start an argument, just completely perplexed by the mindset that no flying = game not worth playing. Don't get it.

Deleted
    Horde's garr is better than I expected. But still not as nice as Alliance's. Too bad you cannot move them to other zones.

And... Gazlowe!

I play a Horde but I have to say, Ally Garrisons looks far better than the horde at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    The flying thing is one of those issues where it will be a big deal for months and then once the expansion launches.. by the time it's put back in players will be begging Blizzard to keep it out of the game.
    I completely agree. The players whining the most are the ones that never experienced WoW without flying. Flying is convenient yes and allows the opportunity for some great mount designs but ground mounts immerse the player more into the world. I'm not saying ground mounts>flying mounts, I'm saying that players get more involved when their objective meets obstacles in the way. All these "conveniences" have made gameplay super lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    I completely agree. The players whining the most are the ones that never experienced WoW without flying. Flying is convenient yes and allows the opportunity for some great mount designs but ground mounts immerse the player more into the world. I'm not saying ground mounts>flying mounts, I'm saying that players get more involved when their objective meets obstacles in the way. All these "conveniences" have made gameplay super lazy.
    The problem is that it isnt a fact, a lot of players either don't feel more immersed with a ground mount or simply dont care that much about immersion.
    Besides that: its not about flying perse, its about removing choice (which seems the central theme in WoD), in the current situation ground mount lovers can be immersed in the game as much as they want and at the same time the rest of us who dont care can use a flying mount.
    The real question should be is to why you and others want to remove the choice for people that experience the game differently?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    I don't like the idea of having my choices limited in how I play the game, and I have been playing since 2005.. And having to run everywhere on foot was a pain and the taxi service was a good chance to go to have breakfast, go outside, watch TV..

Getting ground mounts at the time was cool allowed me to get somewhere faster although getting dazed and dismounted by mobs was about as much fun as having teeth pulled.. I have been there and pretty much done it all and with flying I have more freedom to see things I could not see from the ground so you may find running around on the ground maybe fun for you but not everyone shares your opinion..

And the word immersion should be banned different people have differing views on the game some like doing this and others like doing that, forcing people to do things they do not like is a recipe for disaster..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2014-07-14 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post

And the word immersion should be banned different people have differing views on the game some like doing this and others like doing that, forcing people to do things they do not like is a recipe for disaster..
    Wait, so you're basically saying:
    "People have different views, and since many of you have a view which differs from my own, your view should be banned."

Good luck being taken seriously, man.

Seems Blizzard still doesnt realise flying in wow ruined the game/world expierence. Cause of lazy kids crying all over they bend so easy to their whining.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post

*snip*

Getting ground mounts at the time was cool allowed me to get somewhere faster although getting dazed and dismounted by mobs was about as much fun as having teeth pulled.. I have been there and pretty much done it all and with flying I have more freedom to see things I could not see from the ground so you may find running around on the ground maybe fun for you but not everyone shares your opinion..

*snip*
    So you wanted to get from point A to point B but there was a mob in-between so you ran straight though it or close enough to aggro it and instead of taking care of the problem, you chose to ignore it and get dazed.

The whole point of world mobs is for this very purpose. To pose a threat to the player and to be overcome. If these mobs never pose a threat to you as a player and you can just ignore them by flying over them, then what's the point of having world mobs? Why not just have a single NPC for quests and everything else is instanced? Blizzard came to realize this with WoD so they're making the change.

Also as Mukki mentioned above, you're contradicting yourself.

P.S. If blizzard increases the threat in the sky (ex. alot of aerial mobs) some players would find a reason to complain about how annoying flying is. Queue ♫ "It's Raining Men" ♫

I look at the no flying thing from this perspective......

It's fun the first time leveling. After that I've seen it, but leveling an alt is a choice and I don't have to do it again if I don't want to.

Once I'm max level all I care about is prepping for raid, and then after that it's just raiding. Without the short lived Have Group Will Travel, I look at the possibility of no flying past 6.1 as nothing but a pain in the butt. I live in a state that doesn't do daylight savings. Meaning in the summer time I barely have time to get home and log in for raid. If there's much travel time to get to the raids in WoD I'm going to have to park myself outside the instance the night b4 just so I can be there on time the next day. That's not immersive, it's just a giant pain in the butt.

I understand the rose colored glasses thing with the pre-flying in WoW was great peeps. But, I'm not one of you. I respect your opinion, but if the game still had that design I wouldn't be playing anymore because I just don't have that much time to spend running across a map killing trash on the ground. It's not difficult to kill this trash, it's just annoying. If I wanted to kill stuff just to kill it I'd go farm up another Alani or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarawa View Post
    You must be the one that does this sort of thing, I however to do not skip a thing. I am sure that I am not the only one that does this. But if I chose to skip something, it should be my right to do so since it is me that is play their game. I get to choose how I want to experience the content they given me to experience. However forcing me to have to experience it a certain way and have no other option to do so, is not something that should be taking place here.
    Stop right there. You get exactly the number of choices the game allows you to have--no more, no less. The rules/features can change at any time, and when they do... you get to do exactly what the new rules allow you to do. This is true in any game and it absolutely is "something that should be taking place here." There is no entitlement to anything from version to version.

You can't be forced to play the game itself, but if you do, you can be forced to play with any set of rules the designers select.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelric70 View Post
    Stop right there. You get exactly the number of choices the game allows you to have--no more, no less. The rules/features can change at any time, and when they do... you get to do exactly what the new rules allow you to do. This is true in any game and it absolutely is "something that should be taking place here." There is no entitlement to anything from version to version.

You can't be forced to play the game itself, but if you do, you can be forced to play with any set of rules the designers select.
    Amen, lmao. People don't seem to understand that the "game" is not theirs. If Blizzard chooses they can change a whole race, the race YOU play, to look like monkeys wearing pajamas. If you don't like, play another game. They're not forcing you to play, you chose to play their game. Deal with it.