Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelric70 View Post
    Stop right there. You get exactly the number of choices the game allows you to have--no more, no less. The rules/features can change at any time, and when they do... you get to do exactly what the new rules allow you to do. This is true in any game and it absolutely is "something that should be taking place here." There is no entitlement to anything from version to version.

    You can't be forced to play the game itself, but if you do, you can be forced to play with any set of rules the designers select.
    Amen, lmao. People don't seem to understand that the "game" is not theirs. If Blizzard chooses they can change a whole race, the race YOU play, to look like monkeys wearing pajamas. If you don't like, play another game. They're not forcing you to play, you chose to play their game. Deal with it.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    Amen, lmao. People don't seem to understand that the "game" is not theirs. If Blizzard chooses they can change a whole race, the race YOU play, to look like monkeys wearing pajamas. If you don't like, play another game. They're not forcing you to play, you chose to play their game. Deal with it.
    Except for the nasty little fact that a mentality such as that likely won't bode well with subscription numbers. A good example on a situation that was getting similar comments to this was Ghostcrawler's "Dungeons are Hard" blog. Subs plummeted during that timeframe. It wasn't long after that blog that the dungeons magically got nerfed. Blizz is a company in it for the money, and they will in the end do what nets them the most money in sub numbers regardless of what anyone posts to defend or oppose a change their doing. And since casuals do generally outnumber the hardcore, I have a feeling I know which way it will go in the end.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    Except for the nasty little fact that a mentality such as that likely won't bode well with subscription numbers.
    *looks at WoW's sub numbers"

    *looks at other MMO's sub numbers*

    Yep. Totally.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We still think a 6.1 patch seems like a pretty reasonable point where flying would become available in Draenor
    6.1 is perfectly acceptable.

    After that I want my ability to fly back. Preferably with a nice quest chain attached.
    Agreed, with the addendum of OR ELSE.

    In further news, please stop trying to make me like MOBAs happen. It's not going to happen.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    *looks at WoW's sub numbers"

    *looks at other MMO's sub numbers*

    Yep. Totally.
    Everybody loves to basically fellate the idea of "Don't like it, don't play, they won't miss you". That doesn't somehow translate into people enjoying when Blizzard poops all over their favorite things, and it never will.

  5. #85
    Bloodsail Admiral Wayne25uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maltby,Rotherham
    Posts
    1,005
    Whiners,whiners everywhere.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post

    Everybody loves to basically fellate the idea of "Don't like it, don't play, they won't miss you". That doesn't somehow translate into people enjoying when Blizzard poops all over their favorite things, and it never will.
    Here's where you're mistaken. That "favorite thing" was created by blizzard in the first place. If they feel like they need to change it to create a better thing, they will.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    *looks at WoW's sub numbers"

    *looks at other MMO's sub numbers*

    Yep. Totally.
    You just avoided the point by talking about another one. Other game sub numbers are irrelevant. As a business Blizzard holds it in it's best interest to retain as many subs as they can. That's how they make their money. WoW has and probably will remain the king of MMO's if nothing more than time investment deterring people from wanting to start over again. That does not however negate the fact that the playerbase as a whole has gotten older, and many of those players are in fact quitting when they realize they can no longer afford the time investment required to play at the level they want. Things like LFR & Flex were implemented for those reasons, and despite anyone's opinions on them, it helped retain some of those people.

    Numbers will continue to bleed for various reasons and some of those Blizzard simply can't control. But, when it comes to stuff like this, they have historically caved when their numbers dropped. And they'll probably do it again.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Wait, so you're basically saying:
    "People have different views, and since many of you have a view which differs from my own, your view should be banned."

    Good luck being taken seriously, man.
    No, that's what YOU are saying when you say that flying should be taken away because YOU don't like it.

    He's saying that he doesn't care what you do, you shouldn't care what he does, and that you are trying to ban his view because it's against yours.



    I've played WoW since launch, and I can tell you I don't give a damn about immersion. I've had flying for years, I find the areas I can't fly annoying and tedious (not to mention absurd it is that we magically forget how to use flying mounts in certain areas, etc) and quite frankly only want to fly to get from point a to point b as fast as possible, because there's nothing enjoyable about spending time traveling between places.

    People might want to pay attention to 5.4 -> 5.5, because its been 10 months or so so far, and it wouldn't surprise me if it makes it to a year or more, and there's no fucking way anyone is going to be happy going without flying for that long if the wait for 6.1 is even remotely similar.

    I think no flying will probably be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me... it seems to me that Blizzard is constantly nerfing stuff out of some "design vision" and it drives me nuts.

    I remember the first time I tried to bubble on my paladin on Durumu. Why didn't it work? My hunter has to constantly use misdirect on my pet because growl doesn't work on a ton of shit because whofuckingknows. My warlock's pets die almost instantly to some aoe attacks (hunter's too to some extent) because fuck pet classes and how they've worked for years, we want to make shit annoying for you. Oh, you're going to vanish when you see a wipe coming? hahaha, good fucking luck, everything ticks aoe damage now so unless you're really lucky it won't do shit.... and so on, there's so many examples of this and its just really disheartening.

    Wall o Text crits for 8999.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •