Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What do you when you're nervous?

I find myself biting my nails or my lip when I'm nervous if I don't pay attention to not do it. If I'm really nervous it can result in me pulling hair out from my head, not a lot mind you but there's still some hair that gets pulled out, without me being aware of that I am doing it.

Deleted
    Go bonkers inside a locked room in my head while the rest of me gets on with my day.

Like normal people do.

Pulling your hair out is a very extreme response to being nervous I'd go as far as saying it's downright weird.

I tend to look straight ahead and stare vaguely into the distance when I'm nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinali View Post

I find myself biting my nails or my lip when I'm nervous if I don't pay attention to not do it. If I'm really nervous it can result in me pulling hair out from my head, not a lot mind you but there's still some hair that gets pulled out, without me being aware of that I am doing it.
    sounds like you have a mild case of trichotillomania. I do the same thing, except with eyelashes. :l and it indeed only happens mostly when I am nervous/anxious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I scrunch my feet up inside my shoes as to not reveal I'm nervous. Fist feet.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Deleted
    I smoke a cigarette and then proceed to make innapropriate jokes.

I have a habit of biting my nails when im nervous. I smoke a cig if I can but I try to analyze all possible scenarios that can play out - my brain goes into overdrive
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    I sit and watch stuff. Silently. If i am able to smoke i may.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bite the inside of my cheek. If i'm really angry i'll bite my lower lip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Pulling your hair out is a very extreme response to being nervous I'd go as far as saying it's downright weird.

I tend to look straight ahead and stare vaguely into the distance when I'm nervous.
    Weird? Then you didn't see the second thread I created.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I bite the inside of my cheek. If i'm really angry i'll bite my lower lip.
    Same :/. Both sides of my cheeks are so rough ;-;

10+ Year Old Account
    Scream at the top of my lungs.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit my brains out.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinali View Post

In person I tend to not show being nervous, being an Infantryman kind of taught us to have a good poker face.
    If I'm at home and say I have a unexpected large bill I'm thinking of, or a unpleasant get together in the near future, I tend to pace around the house excessively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

When I'm nervous my heart starts beating quickly so I just try to breath slow.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I'm by myself I chew my lips, with other people I don't know well I lean back a little or look down a lot. It becomes a problem if I'm across from a girl in a low top because my natural inclination is to look down, then she thinks I'm staring at her chest so I look away, which is uncomfortable so eventually my gaze goes down and it cycles like that.

Talk to a friend.

That's about it honestly, I don't do anything really unique.

If it's nervous like about talking to someone, like for an interview, or someone I like, I twiddle my thumbs around and try to keep eye contact as much as I can.

Last time I did that the interviewer ended up adverting his eyes though...

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I usually just take a deep breath, hold it for a second, then slowly release. As I exhale I keep telling myself "fear is only an emotion, emotions are weakness. Conquer fear, and overcome weakness." It works for me for any emotion really.
    Honestly I had to start doing it, because I used to have a lot of rage that would build up inside me, and the only way that I could balance myself out was to keep reminding myself that anger was only an emotion, and that emotions do nothing but block logic.
    It has helped a lot. To be fair though, it has also caused me to become very apathetic towards pretty much everything... Except when it comes to animals.
    People are one thing, but I have a hard time controlling my emotions with regards to animals and how they are treated. I am the kind of guy that would happily go to jail for beating the shit out of someone that was abusing an animal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathena View Post
    I scrunch my feet up inside my shoes as to not reveal I'm nervous. Fist feet.
    I do this, too, but it hurts after a while because I'm pretty much always nervous unless I'm in my bedroom. I also bite my fingers. Not just my fingernails, either, but the skin around them. It looks awful. >.<

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I start to get sweaty hands, mix up my words, body starts to shake, and I get a trembly voice.
    When I lived in Texas and would d.d. that is the exact description of many women upon getting off the mechanical bulls at the bars. I wasn't under the impression they were nervous though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?