Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

The movie is mediocre, but this scene is so adorable ;_; I want something like that
    I did it
    I didn't do it
    FAKE NEWS
    What was the question?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't even seen the first one let alone the second one. The only time I really enjoy him is from old SNL skits but even then you have Christopher Walken to enjoy more.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I personally hate Will Ferrell, but that doesn't change why this movie was always going to be bad.

When an "original" comedy does well, the studio looks at what audiences liked from that comedy. They then cut everything else out and say "Well if they liked these parts the first time, they'll like a WHOLE MOVIE of these parts even more!", but fail to realize that the movie becomes stale and loses what charm it had the first time around.

The only comedy I've seen be rated higher than original is 22 Jump Street. Every other comedy sequel was objectively worse than it's original. Anchorman, Grown Ups (which was terrible the first time around) and The Hangover all come to mind.

I hated this movie, but I have nothing against Will Ferrel, seems like a funny guy to me. The only thing I remember as somewhat funny was that they pointed out that the history channel had a minotaur to fight for them, which is mythology.
    Mother pus bucket!

Because it was an over hyped pile of shit produced to cash in on the brand. However the brand was never as popular as they tried to convince us it was.

If you thought that is was going to be anything other than a pile of shit, you were not paying attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post

Tell me you didn't laugh at this!

Ahh Old School, another pile of over hyped shit.

No, I did not laugh at this.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Can I join the hate Will Ferrel hate club as well? Can't stand the guy, last time I saw him was in the Lego movie which I really enjoyed up until the point where he showed up.
    He showed up in the first 20 seconds. Did you really hate The Lego Movie?

Will Ferrel can't act.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I'm not going to speak for the OP, but I find him great in movies where he isn't the main character and absolute shit when he is the main character.
    I agree with this. I loved Talladega Nights and Step Brothers (He works great with John C. Reilly), but most of the other stuff with him as the lead I usually avoid.

Deleted
    I'm starting to think there may be something wrong with my sense of humour....

I love Old School, Talladega Nights, Step Brothers, Anchor Man, Blades of Glory etc etc... I also love the films he has cameos in like Wedding Crashers. I laughed at Anchor Man 2 as well, although I was high as a kite when watching it.

Am I broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Some parts were godawful (Ron going blind for example).
    That part was hilarious and probably the only laugh I had throughout the entire film!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Well the first one was bad as well. What else did you expect?
    Your opinion is wrong.

Congratulations on the world first.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon-AN View Post

Am I broken?
    You very well might be.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I won't say that it was better than the original but I thought it was a funny movie. I've always loved Will Ferrel movies, they were always funny to me and he's just a really cool guy. I'm surprised this many people dislike him. Either that or some people on MMO-C have to get a sense of humor.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-07-18 at 02:57 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

It wasn't as good as the first, but it was still funny.

Was too much copy and paste. The new fight in the park, the collection of x (cologne in 1, condoms in 2) etc

Didn't seem as funny the 2nd time round.

Glad I only rented this movie. Watched it with my fiance, both of us love the first Anchorman and still watch it from time to time for a quick laugh. We watched maybe 30mins to 45mins. I got up and turned it off without even asking her if she was going to finish it. She said "thank god, that was f**king terrible." Now every time we are at the rental store we laugh about how bad the movie was. It isn't the actors, because I enjoy them in other movies. It was the terrible script and directing. Also, I am convinced that Steve Carell was begging for his character to have a love interest.....???!?!?!.....your character was so stupid in the first movie why? Dear god WHY? Bad, BAD, TERRIBLE MOVIE.

Rental stores still exist? I thought they went extinct when the internet got introduced.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle