Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    People need to stop clinging to their racial pride here. Red and Blue has transcended their race. It's like ancient Rome or other empires in history. Things become standardized in an empire. The Gold and Blue is not "human" anymore, it's the Alliance. Red and Black is Horde.
    It's not the colour scheme we're unhappy about. The structures are all in orc and Stormwind human architectural style. There's no in-game reason why the other races would abandon their own building styles. The only reason it's like this is an out-of-game one: development time.

Deleted
    The peons don´t know how to build anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Kokulika View Post
    I`m just sad we cant choose the race/gender of NPCs in our Garrisons.
    There's a recent tweet saying you may be able to pick the race of your guards:

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/487009561329401858

Beta is beta, information may change and all that crud.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This was pretty amusing.

What do you expect when only (ignoring pandaren) two of your six races can build halfway decent buildings that don't look like cobbled together crap or spiked iron crap based on the same designs.

You're being led by a half naked savage who's tribe still wears wooden armor and makes buildings out of bound sticks and thatch.

Enjoy.
    the orcs don't know how to delegate. you let the rces that are good at bulding build - i.e your blood elf and goblins, those who are good at fighting fight, those who are good at magic do the magic stuff.

but as tey're in orc home turf, they probably just using the stuff around

I have to agree. All the buildings look incredibly similar; no contrast. Sure it is all based on orc styles, but surely they can not innovate and imbue some of their ally's construction techniques? Very dull indeed. This is supposed to be a big feature of WoD. Maybe it has some great functional features, but aesthetically - it is incredibly dull and boring. Not a great trademark of the WoD expansion at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    the orcs don't know how to delegate.
    Uh, it's a neutral goblin, Gazlowe, that is the Horde-official architect. How is not that delegation?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    People need to stop clinging to their racial pride here. Red and Blue has transcended their race. It's like ancient Rome or other empires in history. Things become standardized in an empire. The Gold and Blue is not "human" anymore, it's the Alliance. Red and Black is Horde.
    But it is not an empire. The horde is still an alliance. It is looser than a loose confederacy. There is no common government whatsoever. The Belfs want to go their own way, nothing stops them. The Forsaken do go their own way, and with Garrosh gone, no one would even consider calling them out on anything. These are indeed five entirely separate nations, even races, with the only thing in common is a common enemy - an enemy no more hostile than for 4 out of the races to switch sides to them against Garrosh's orcs. The comparison with Rome is very inaccurate.

I was willing to wait and give Blizz the benefit of the doubt. I usually don't much like orc buildings, but there have been a few that I liked in the context of their landscape.

This, though, is just depressing. And it's not just the architecture, it's the landscape.

I've ended up really enjoying the time I spend on my panda farm. It's green and bright, but there's a shady tree. Last winter it was a breath of spring. The music soothes and relaxes me. I get into a rhythm of planting my crops. I have a pattern. I wave at Luna, /pat Dog. I go into my little house, which was a mess when I got it but is always clean and cosy now. I don't have to worry about fixing anything.

The Horde garrison is in a bleak snowy landscape. The only green I saw was near the fishing trainer and a bit around the farm. The whole place looks cobbled together and in dire need of repair.

During the winter, I game to get away from cold landscapes and things needing repair.

Alliance garrisons are boring, but Horde garrison looks like utter crap so far. They're combining the worst of the orc aesthetic and the goblin aesthetic. I'm not going to want to spend time there, especially when there are other games giving me a far more pleasant player housing experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    But it is not an empire. The horde is still an alliance. It is looser than a loose confederacy. There is no common government whatsoever. The Belfs want to go their own way, nothing stops them. The Forsaken do go their own way, and with Garrosh gone, no one would even consider calling them out on anything. These are indeed five entirely separate nations, even races, with the only thing in common is a common enemy - an enemy no more hostile than for 4 out of the races to switch sides to them against Garrosh's orcs. The comparison with Rome is very inaccurate.
    Actually, it's not that simple. Mainly because of the Blood Oath of the Horde:

"Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!"

If you leave the Horde, you are breaking the Oath and become a traitor.

You have to remember your being given a Team of orcish Peons directed by Goblin contractors THIS IS WHAT THEY BUILD.

you didn't receive a team of forsakon masons, or Blood Elven Architects, or even trollish contructors

You got Orcs building an Orcish garrison for you, it may not be pretty but its sturdy and will hold up
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    I would think this giant mammoth species be extinct by now.
    Lol right?

And even though it was designed by a third party (with influences by game art etc) the new horde chopper theyll release in 6.0 Also has tusks hehehe

its a neat bike its just kind of funny how its so um...consistent? in its way
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I already did that by farming all those heirloom weapons.

Deleted
    Haven't seen on beta as I don't have access (maybe someone has already seen it) but if the Horde mage tower is fucking Orc architecture I'm going to flip a table.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    It's not the colour scheme we're unhappy about. The structures are all in orc and Stormwind human architectural style. There's no in-game reason why the other races would abandon their own building styles. The only reason it's like this is an out-of-game one: development time.
    Thousands of hours of development time, not that bad of a reason, is it?

20~ buildings x 3/4 tiers = 60/80~ -very detailed- buildings per race.

And you can't just make two for each faction, no, you either make humans and orcs or you make them all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    You have to remember your being given a Team of orcish Peons directed by Goblin contractors THIS IS WHAT THEY BUILD.

you didn't receive a team of forsakon masons, or Blood Elven Architects, or even trollish contructors

You got Orcs building an Orcish garrison for you, it may not be pretty but its sturdy and will hold up
    Pretty sure it's based of a Warcraft 3 base? Did they say that? In which case different races bring their suited buildings (Tauren tannery, Draenei Jewelcrafters hut, ect).

This is why the Horde is weak. They're led by a Troll but still use bland Orcish architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Thousands of hours of development time, not that bad of a reason, is it?

20~ buildings x 3/4 tiers = 60/80~ -very detailed- buildings per race.

And you can't just make two for each faction, no, you either make humans and orcs or you make them all.
    I understand that, much as I dislike it. I was just pointing out that claiming it's lore-accurate is bogus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Actually, it's not that simple. Mainly because of the Blood Oath of the Horde:

"Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!"

Wasn't MoP all about showing us that blood oath means jack shit ? I mean its allowed to break it whenever you feel like you should.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Haven't seen on beta as I don't have access (maybe someone has already seen it) but if the Horde mage tower is fucking Orc architecture I'm going to flip a table.
    The Horde version of the mage tower is called a Spirit Lodge. You can look at it on Wowhead. I suggest you prepare a table.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    The Horde version of the mage tower is called a Spirit Lodge. You can look at it on Wowhead. I suggest you prepare a table.