Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Enormous Tusks and Red Leather, Horde Garrisons

    Well I just took a long look at the architecture of the Horde garrisons. For an Orc it looks fine, well kind of. But does every aspect of it have to include red leather and tusks? It looks completely ridiculous if you play any other race, with the possible exception of Trolls. This doesn't matter to some, if not most, and of course it's very obvious the resources aren't available to theme the garrisons for each race but come on a better effort to "normalize" it would be duly noted. I would think this giant mammoth species be extinct by now. It's not ugly, it looks great but it's horribly repetitive and unlike the Alliance version I cannot see anyone but an Orc manning this fort. Blizzard if the Horde is the "savage" side fine, but please the tusks... it's overwhelming. Let the flames begin haters.
    Last edited by Taneo; 2014-07-14 at 04:38 AM.
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

  2. #2
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    52
    Oh look, another thread for complaning. Mind if i complain in here? This dude at sonic shorted me on my cherry Limeade. What an asshole.

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-07-14 at 04:50 AM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabaaz View Post
    Oh look, another thread for complaning. Mind if i complain in here? This dude at sonic shorted me on my cherry Limeade. What an asshole.
    This was pretty amusing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    Well I just took a long look at the architecture of the Horde garrisons. For an Orc it looks fine, well kind of. But does every aspect of it have to include red leather and tusks? It looks completely ridiculous if you play any other race, with the possible exception of Trolls. This doesn't matter to some, if not most, and of course it's very obvious the resources aren't available to theme the garrisons for each race but come on a better effort to "normalize" it would be duly noted. I would think this giant mammoth species be extinct by now. It's not ugly, it looks great but it's horribly repetitive and unlike the Alliance version I cannot see anyone but an Orc manning this fort. Blizzard if the Horde is the "savage" side fine, but please the tusks... it's overwhelming. Let the flames begin haters.
    What do you expect when only (ignoring pandaren) two of your six races can build halfway decent buildings that don't look like cobbled together crap or spiked iron crap based on the same designs.

    You're being led by a half naked savage who's tribe still wears wooden armor and makes buildings out of bound sticks and thatch.

    Enjoy.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  4. #4
    I don't know how people like you expect anything to change if all we dish out is compliments.

    Thank you Blizzard for charging more for less. I look forward to WoD despite the constant barrage of short falls so far. Take my money, just have it already.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    What do you expect when only (ignoring pandaren) two of your six races can build halfway decent buildings that don't look like cobbled together crap or spiked iron crap based on the same designs.

    You're being led by a half naked savage who's tribe still wears wooden armor and makes buildings out of bound sticks and thatch.

    Enjoy.
    Hey I'm for the wild side, I have no interest in playing Alliance. I'm more or less just getting at it wouldn't hurt to mellow out the warmongering Orc vibe.
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

  5. #5
    Blizzard caters towards orcs when 1/4 of the horde player base is Blood elves....

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral Avada Kedavra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    MN - USA
    Posts
    1,188
    thats what i think of when i think of horde, so id say its fitting.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

  7. #7
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In yer base, killing yer dudes
    Posts
    784
    Why not dish out compliment? Plenty of other people bitching and moaning about every little thing under the sun. Omg...speaking of...the sun is too bright! As I've said before...we are the Horde...we sit in the dirt and we love it...no fancy dainty chairs for us....half of us would crush them if we tried sitting in them. Why not tusks and logs with dirt plastered into them? I personally don't like playing alliance...everything is...I don't know...too tidy and pretty and nice...plus they have no awesome races...except gnomes...love gnomes.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Blizzard caters towards orcs when 1/4 of the horde player base is Blood elves....
    You assume this means that 1/4 of the horde player base likes Blood Elf architecture. I, personally, play a blood elf, but I HATE the blood elf architecture, I find it to be hideous and after about 5 minutes it tends to hurt my eyes.

  9. #9
    To be honest, the worst thing about Horde archetecture is how incredibly ineffective and easily destroyed it is. To take out an alliance fortress you need siege weapons and spies. To take out a Horde fortress you need some torches and a book to read while it all burns down. An earthquake happens, some bricks fall out of the Alliance walls. Same thing happens at the Horde base and the logs they have standing up fall down and the whole thing is open.

    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Why not dish out compliment? Plenty of other people bitching and moaning about every little thing under the sun
    Because we're drowning in threads complaining about complainers begging people to be positive and docile.

  10. #10
    Scarab Lord Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    World's End Tavern, listening to the ETC.
    Posts
    3,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabaaz View Post
    Oh look, another thread for complaning.
    Too true.

    OT: Well, Zulathar, maybe youdon't like the art design for the Horde garrison, but maybe...have you ever stopped and actually thought about the fact that maybe there are others who adore the Orcish, primal architecture?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    To be honest, the worst thing about Horde archetecture is how incredibly ineffective and easily destroyed it is. To take out an alliance fortress you need siege weapons and spies. To take out a Horde fortress you need some torches and a book to read while it all burns down.
    It exisits in a fantasy world. Magical shields, anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
    "As you can see the age of the whimsical panda sadly, is over."
    Amen!

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Zoaric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The United States of America, Rapture, or Orgrimmar
    Posts
    3,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    It exisits in a fantasy world. Magical shields, anyone?
    Plus, I'm sure there's bound to be some frost Mages or Shaman nearby. Fel, How have
    we not invented a flame-retardant potion or something to douse on buildings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    You can't fight porn on the internet, you may as well declare war on something overwhelming like water on Earth's surface - or something ephemeral like "terror" (lol sorry, had to do it) - or something both overwhelming and ephemeral... like porn on the internet.
    #GamerGate

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,665
    The horde version turned out worse than I feared actually. Before beta I already thought that the alliance version would be much more pleasant and race neutral which would explain why they were so shy about revealing the horde version.

    Subjectively, it looks awful. Objectively it looks very orcish and is very much in line with WoW's stubborn never changing 4 year old same art direction of "realistic" cyber "savagery".

    So badass!!! (<- sarcasm for those that struggle with it)

  13. #13
    People need to stop clinging to their racial pride here. Red and Blue has transcended their race. It's like ancient Rome or other empires in history. Things become standardized in an empire. The Gold and Blue is not "human" anymore, it's the Alliance. Red and Black is Horde.

    We can play games with context all day long, but this is the thinking people are ignoring about this. The Horde is a collection of races who were taken in as refugees or allied with. In a large scale GLOBAL military operation we're not going to segregate up into nomadic raiding parties.

    We have entered an era of two major warring super powers, and those super powers have a standardized military and visual aesthetic. It's bullshit the way people taut this around as faction bias or Blizzard ignoring your favorite race.

    Robinson has expressed a desire to continue to update all the racial architecture but you have to get real here and look at the scope of what the fuck this project means. And no, it's not acceptable to just give us the old original outdated assets in the name of diversity. Some of you may feel that way, but the shot callers have a good reason not to I share in appreciating.

    The finite resources mocked as a canard thing rampant here in this community is really getting out of hand. Fucking wake the fuck up and witness reality. Look at how detailed and specialized these buildings are in each iteration of their progress. Multiply that by every race, this is not reasonable in an expansion's scale with new zones and a dozen new race models and animations. Stop fucking whining about it and be patient like big boys and girls.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    To be honest, the worst thing about Horde archetecture is how incredibly ineffective and easily destroyed it is. To take out an alliance fortress you need siege weapons and spies. To take out a Horde fortress you need some torches and a book to read while it all burns down. An earthquake happens, some bricks fall out of the Alliance walls. Same thing happens at the Horde base and the logs they have standing up fall down and the whole thing is open.



    Because we're drowning in threads complaining about complainers begging people to be positive and docile.
    Horde architecture is based on nomadic warrior tribes. Fancy that. WOTLK saw a change in this.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  14. #14
    atleast the doors are wide and big enough for taurens to fit through nicely. that's a + all around

    and i agree with yig

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    To be honest, the worst thing about Horde archetecture is how incredibly ineffective and easily destroyed it is. To take out an alliance fortress you need siege weapons and spies. To take out a Horde fortress you need some torches and a book to read while it all burns down. An earthquake happens, some bricks fall out of the Alliance walls. Same thing happens at the Horde base and the logs they have standing up fall down and the whole thing is open.



    Because we're drowning in threads complaining about complainers begging people to be positive and docile.
    I don't think you're giving them enough credit. These look far sturdier than just a few logs leaning against each other. And isn't that what most houses are made of? Wood? As for the cloth hanging on the buildings, the alliance have that too. And as for the looks, these are the architectures of the horde and the alliance. It's the horde and the alliance that are invading draenor, not the Tauren or the gnomes or nelves. And (one more) I just think they are trying to get garrisons done and working for draenor. Once they do that they can start implementing all the flavor stuff.

  16. #16
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,126
    It really looks like a Horde garrison to me. You can see that as just orcish and that'd be fair enough but it certainly looks very Horde. I don't think anyone is arguing it doesn't.

    I can see how faction-specific doodads would look awesome but I'm just glad both factions' garrisons look cool and all the buildings are detailed as the level up. Garrisons are a huge feature to me and so far are looking amazing as well as being cool and important. Definitely satisfied with the development so far.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

  17. #17
    The art direction of the horde garrison screams "Horde". Warcraft started with orcs vs. humans so the orcish and human architecture became the most iconic for each faction. Garrisons are GARRISONS. They are military bases and not player housing. I'm sure one day blizzard would love to have every customization option for every race but that's not what garrisons are. Deal with it. Red leather and tusks scream horde and that's the point. You are representing your faction.

  18. #18
    I prefer Forsaken architecture but dirt and shit is what we get. Some people like it...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    The finite resources mocked as a canard thing rampant here in this community is really getting out of hand. Fucking wake the fuck up and witness reality. Look at how detailed and specialized these buildings are in each iteration of their progress. Multiply that by every race, this is not reasonable in an expansion's scale with new zones and a dozen new race models and animations. Stop fucking whining about it and be patient like big boys and girls.
    Players like you is the only reason the existence of "no time, no resource" excuse that Blizzard gets away with. Blizzard earns money beyond your imagination. It's expected form them to put more compared to other MMOs.

  19. #19
    Horde buildings look mostly Orcish, Alliance buildings look mostly Humanish.

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer Zoaric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The United States of America, Rapture, or Orgrimmar
    Posts
    3,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I prefer Forsaken architecture but dirt and shit is what we get. Some people like it...
    Players like you is the only reason the existence of "no time, no resource" excuse that Blizzard gets away with. Blizzard earns money beyond your imagination. It's expected form them to put more compared to other MMOs.
    Oddly fitting for this.
    http://www.darklegacycomics.com/448

    Money doesn't trump time, nor does it equate quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    You can't fight porn on the internet, you may as well declare war on something overwhelming like water on Earth's surface - or something ephemeral like "terror" (lol sorry, had to do it) - or something both overwhelming and ephemeral... like porn on the internet.
    #GamerGate

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •