Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Everztar View Post
    Sorry but i cannot agree with you.

the game has improved in certain ways... but the GAME and the COMMUNITY has only gone downwards...
    which has resulted in more than half of all the player left the game.
    Spouting opinions as facts isn't going to help with your arguments. Especially since you're flat out wrong about Blizzard losing over half their subscribers (peak was 12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Sorry but i cannot agree with you.

the game has improved in certain ways... but the GAME and the COMMUNITY has only gone downwards...
    which has resulted in more than half of all the player left the game.
    Actually it's the community that keeps this game together. Sure there's plenty of over-sensitive butthurts who think the world goes to hell cause some random guy didn't respond to their hello. But this game has kept itself on top of the boards for nearly a decade with no real competition.

WoW has character and so do it's factions. I don't know what it is but people grow attached to it at a certain level. I mean here you are, whining like a spoiled schoolgirl, but here you are, still.

Yeah people wanna remember the good times, I choose to remember all times. For example before I found my guild in vanilla I had to run countless strat dugeons for the 0.5 tier and I've seen more human scumbaggery than i've seen in LFD and LFR and that was one one server. But that is my opinion, yours is different. But like someone said, facts speak for themselves and while WoW has lost numbers it still stands as the most popular sub-based game of it's type.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Yeah people wanna remember the good times, I choose to remember all times. For example before I found my guild in vanilla I had to run countless strat dugeons for the 0.5 tier and I've seen more human scumbaggery than i've seen in LFD and LFR and that was one one server.
    I didn't play in vanilla but I can relate from my experience in Cata. I've witness more nerd ragers back when I had my first level capped toon than now.

But I miss it.

It was player interaction, it was drama, it was character.
    Of course none of that shit happens now because you queue, kill, loot, no goodbyes.
    The game is more solo player friendly than ever. You can see and kill Garrosh without having to say a single word.

Was it all "good times?" back in the day? No. But it was far more interesting than what we have now.

Yeah people wanna remember the good times, I choose to remember all times. For example before I found my guild in vanilla I had to run countless strat dugeons for the 0.5 tier and I've seen more human scumbaggery than i've seen in LFD and LFR and that was one one server.
    I also play since 2005 and doesn't made this experience and i played a lot of random dungeons. Finding a group took some time, but the runs were filled with player interaction and communication (besides they lasted longer). Sure, some faggots got in there, but the amount of brainless zombies currently in LFR/LFD was skyrocketing since Wrath and the LFD introduction. And this kind of players is still rising.

I don't flame someone in LFD/LFR for being bad. I say nothing. But i frequently lost the interest in those content more and more because of the huge scumbaggery that is floating around.
    Silence doesn't mean acceptance.
    Sometimes you have just no desire to discuss with idiots

Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I also play since 2005 and doesn't made this experience and i played a lot of random dungeons. Finding a group took some time, but the runs were filled with player interaction and communication (besides they lasted longer). Sure, some faggots got in there, but the amount of brainless zombies currently in LFR/LFD was skyrocketing since Wrath and the LFD introduction. And this kind of players is still rising.

I don't flame someone in LFD/LFR for being bad. I say nothing. But i frequently lost the interest in those content more and more because of the huge scumbaggery that is floating around.
    neither have i, back in the days it was like "sry i really have to go..."
    we were like "that's okay, we can wait if u want? or should we replace you?"
    we asked in guilds, and found a new person pretty quick

it wasn't really that terrible, and all the players i played with @darksorrow were kind, no one was like those scumbags in LFD/LFR today ^^ OR the people in flex, oh lord save me...

...another kid claiming to be old school.

Next time you wanna make believe that you played during vanilla, don't complain about how unbalanced pvp has become...

Quote Originally Posted by madmanx View Post
    ...another kid claiming to be old school.

Next time you wanna make believe that you played during vanilla, don't complain about how unbalanced pvp has become...
    my warrior was my main, i could beat any class with PvE or PvP gear on
    my priest was my alt, i could beat any class with PvE gear on

that being said, i HATE that people that played pvp before i did will smash the living shit out of me even though we're the same itemlevel... why? i'll tell you why... they have some unbalanced SHIT PVP GEAR... i mean come on? why make PvP gear THAT MUCH superior?

arenas are impossible with PvE gear on... so first i have to farm some crappy honor in battlegrounds where i can live for 1 second and then i die cuz someone one shot me due to their PvP Power.

all gear should be equally fit to PvP... no matter where you got it... i don't have time to farm battlegrounds AND raid at the same time... i have a fulltime job, alright?

if i have more Item Level than someone, i should be superior... but no... they are because they have crazy PvP power stats on their gear O.o THAT SUCKS.

remove PvP power AND Resilience plz.

that being said, i HATE that people that played pvp before i did will smash the living shit out of me even though we're the same itemlevel... why? i'll tell you why... they have some unbalanced SHIT PVP GEAR... i mean come on? why make PvP gear THAT MUCH superior?

arenas are impossible with PvE gear on... so first i have to farm some crappy honor in battlegrounds where i can live for 1 second and then i die cuz someone one shot me due to their PvP Power.

all gear should be equally fit to PvP... no matter where you got it... i don't have time to farm battlegrounds AND raid at the same time... i have a fulltime job, alright?

if i have more Item Level than someone, i should be superior... but no... they are because they have crazy PvP power stats on their gear O.o THAT SUCKS.

So you should be able to go toe to toe with someone that has been doing nothing but pvp without even having to put in effort? PvP gear isn't good for raiding, don't have double standards.

You made points about how WoW has been casualized and yet you're asking for them to do it even harder. You're just as much a part of the problem you spoke about. The current WoW, that you said pales in comparison to Vanilla, it's the WoW that was made for people like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

The game isn't any harder than it has ever been. It's different kinds of difficulty.

Well right now I am playing Wildstar and it rekindled a lot of the love I had in TBC. Well rekindled my love for MMOs in general. Very excited to play WoD again and playing Guild Wars 2. Playing 2 MMOs right now.

Honestly the spark is a just a fallacy and refuses for any honest solid discussion. However, I will say though; the worst thing I have witnessed in wow is LFR and I am glad they are changing it in WoD. New loot tables, art, and increased loot drops will make that place far more bearable than ever.

I feel like Class homogenization has really hurt this game. I remember in the WOTLK days where damn near every dps spec brought a unique buff to the group.

Warriors commanding shout was added hp and separate from fort
    Demo Warlocks had a special buff
    Threat actually mattered, so rogues tricks and hunters MD were good tools
    Healers were vastly different from each other, you had paladins and priests tank healing and shams and druids raid healing.
    As much as I love LFD I think that it played a big part in dissolving server communities. I remember everyone spamming for the daily heroic, It was always fun unless it was HOS.

Gearing up outside of raids has sucked as well. The only gear available through VP is from reps, where in previous expansions there was a neutral vendor in a capital city that actually sold some good stuff. Not top tier stuff, but good enough for entry level raids. That in combination with new 5 mans made gearing alts or casual characters really easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post

Fucked up experiences with people were often then and they are often now, the difference is that back then you had only the people on your server to deal with. The past tends to look glorious, I get it, I get nostalgia boners about TBC too, even if I was a miserable no-damage tank being forced to blackmail people into helping me farm money so I can respec every evening for PVP. But thinking about it and weighing the facts I much prefer the game the way it is now (with certain exceptions) than go back to no dual speccing, no dungeon tools, no flying and no many things that have become so much a part of the game.

But that's my opinion. You know, this reminds me that at some point people were asking for Vanilla servers. I don't recall if they went with it, but I think those servers would have been really dead.

Certain people seem in the habit of going "OH FUCK MY RED ASS IT WAS SO AWESOME THEN IM EXPLODING IN MY PANTS" till you put them face to fave with "then" and not only do they notice that it wasn't as nice as they trained themselves to remember but the novelty of "then" wore off long ago...

So when can i do my heroics without having to have PVE gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    So when can i do my heroics without having to have PVE gear?
    You know, that would be awesome.
    Leveling up with PvP and then jumping to raid, completely avoiding the stupid, boring questing and pre-raid gearing. Gaining viable PvP loot from the bosses.
    Love it. Blizzard, make it so.

I felt pretty indifferent towards attunaments when they were still around, to be honest. I wasn't a vegetarian at the time though.

Can't count how many times I see threads like this, or replies bemoaning the lost spark or lost fun of warcraft.

And every time my brain screams out "you burned yourself out playing a lot over the last xx years and now you're bitter because you can't find the fun you once had. wow is like any other addictive thing, the first 'highs' are always the best and we put them on a pedestal so high they're guaranteed to never be achieved again'.

complain all you want but you still cling to WoW looking for that fun, and that's okay. we understand you're bitter and still looking

sincerely,
    another bitter wow fun finding failure who keeps clinging out of desperation (and the fact that my journey to arthritis is not yet complete!)

Sorry but it won't.

The X-Box live generation wants instant gratification with menus and matchmaking. Most don't care about immersion, they want quick groups with zero effort.

Enjoy what is left before its gone.
    Blue text indicates sarcasm or joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Sorry but it won't.

The X-Box live generation wants instant gratification with menus and matchmaking. Most don't care about immersion, they want quick groups with zero effort.

Enjoy what is left before its gone.

Yeah right... :3

I think it "lost its spark" because theres nothing to do. Well if you don't like grinding and like asking "why?" anyway. Blizzard has shifted the focus on cosmetic and only the latest content too much so if you don't care about achievements, cosmetics and fancy mounts, you burn through the patches in a few weeks.. maybe a month tops and thats at the casual rate and then there isn't any reason to log in any more.

There are objective truths to what OP is saying.

1: Gear comes a lot faster now than it did back in vanilla/TBC. The reality of the situation is that people burn out on this game when they have (in their opinion) done everything there is to do in the game. To most people, item level doesn't matter. They literally pick up ilvl 496 epics off the ground, head into LFR, get a full set of LFR gear in a few weeks, and from that point on their character is completed to their standards, because the only "upgrades" they can get are just higher item level versions of the same gear they're wearing.

There are people who like that, yes, but in terms of an RPG, it's not a compelling reason to do harder content. Imagine playing a Final Fantasy game where the secret optional boss drops "Ultima Weapon" for your main hero, then you crank the difficulty up and kill the same boss and he drops "Ultima Weapon" but underneath it it says "Hard Mode" and it's literally just the same weapon that you just got, but slightly higher stats, which only serves the purpose of fighting "Extreme Mode" of the same boss that will then drop the "Extreme Mode" "Ultima Weapon". To me, at least, it doesn't sound that fun.

This is the direction the gear has gone in this expansion. You get the low item level gear very fast, and then you slowly just build your item level up by replacing your gear with the same gear from a different difficulty. Since most people don't particularly care of ilvl differences, this gearing system results in you burning out on the gear grind -very- early.

2: "Feeling" Epic is a very big problem in WoW right now. I don't care who you are, you're lying through your teeth if you don't think that humans have the natural inclination to want to feel they have worth among their piers. In the context of an MMO, that base desire manifest in feeling "epic". You want your friends and piers to view you as having value in the game. This can be broken down semantically, as epic has different meanings to different people, but a -very- common meaning is to have super awesome gear that shows how powerful your character is.

Right now, it's very hard to feel epic, because even in full heroic warforged SoO gear, you still look exactly like the guy who's in full LFR gear. There's no defining visual features on gear anymore that can be associated with progress in the game. In vanilla, if you were wearing T3 gear, people knew you were epic. There's no arguing this. On live, if you're wearing T16 gear, you need to actually inspect the character and check the stats/tag to see whether they've just got lucky in LFR or have been doing heroic raids.

This is being slightly addressed in WoD with mythic gear having different models. In case you don't know what that means, Blizzard recognizes this problem, and is actively working to fix it, but right now it's a very real and objective problem that discourages players from investing more time in to the game.

3: Content longevity is horrible right now. SoO has 16 bosses and still feels boring at this point because it's been out for almost a year with no other content to do. Back in vanilla/BC, there were multiple raid tiers out in very quick succession, it led to people progressing through the content at very different paces. There also wasn't an "easy mode" option for people who just wanted to see the content. If you started playing a year into BC like I did, there were guild still progressing in -every- tier. Kara/Gruul/Mag, SSC/TK, and BT. There was -never- an opportunity to farm those raids to the point where you have full BiS gear from them before the next tier was released. That meant in order to progress at the bleeding edge level, you didn't outgear the first half of the new raid because you had all the best gear from the previous raid. Nobody had the time to -farm- T4+T5 every week to get all the gear from there while still trying to progress on T6. In MoP, we farmed T14 until T15 came out, blasted through T15 because we had all our T14 gear, then T16 came out, and we blasted through T16 because we had all our T15 gear farmed.

WoD is again attempting to fix this issue. I believe they're releasing two tiers very close to each other, but I might just be mistaken and T17 has like 18 bosses or something. In any case, this is objective truth. You will not find guild actively progressing on T14 content right now, because LFR T15 gives better gear and is essentially "soloable". Blizzard's very accessible raid model is -very- detrimental to content longevity.

These are the only 3 things I have time to write about right now, but like I said, all of those points are very clear, and very real, and to a lot of people like me, we prefer the old way that kept us addicted to this game. I -want- to be addicted to WoW, and right now I seriously -can't- be addicted to WoW, and those three factors play a -huge- roll in that.