Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    I'v cleared Naxx and Sunwell at the time, so never ran in PuG. Also, I'm obviously talking about TBC. Vanilla attunements (Clearing BRD once? Clear UBRS once?) hardy worth mentioning. Almost every lvl60 had them, it was in no way a check.

And really, your argument for attunements is Molten Core pugs, something that can be done by braindead person? As I said, you are delusional.
    "ok"

you don't have to call me delusional and braindead? :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everztar View Post
    "ok"

you don't have to call me delusional and braindead? :/
    He's not calling you braindead, just saying that attunement could be done by anyone. Not only "good" people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzp1994 View Post
    He's not calling you braindead, just saying that attunement could be done by anyone. Not only "good" people.
    UBRS <--- was pretty hard for some people... it felt like a "test" finally doing more than 5 man dungeon
    if you could manage to tank, dps or heal UBRS you would be good enough for MC.
    Drakkisath was pretty hard ^^ atleast that's what i remember...

UBRS <--- was pretty hard for some people... it felt like a "test" finally doing more than 5 man dungeon
    if you could manage to tank, dps or heal UBRS you would be good enough for MC.
    Drakkisath was pretty hard ^^ atleast that's what i remember...
    Drakkisath was a bit of a pain (mainly the trash before him before some got removed) the main tactic was a hunter to kite him while the group dealt with the adds.

While I agree with the OP, unfortunately that game is long, long gone and its not coming back. WoW is just a completely different animal now. Blizzard figured out that by simplifying the game design also cut down on development time and costs. Further, it attracted new and broader player base, but that was also a double edged sword for them as simplifying and watering down content also created player boredom much quicker. They could never seem to figure out that they were creating their own monster by overly simplifying WoW, and from what I gather, its going to be worse still in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Drakkisath was a bit of a pain (mainly the trash before him before some got removed) the main tactic was a hunter to kite him while the group dealt with the adds.
    Oh yeah - awesome stuff that was... especially if the hunter died unexpectantly... and Drakki came back to kill us quicker then we hoped...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's what Blizzard is trying (emphasis on trying) to do with WoD. They basically concocted a terrible, "Garrosh goes back in time" story just to bring back previously defeated and dead orcs and set it in a place where they've had critical success in the past (Dreanor/outland).

It's a shameless grab to induce nostalgia of older players of both WoW and the classic RTS games.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-08-15 at 02:56 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Oh yeah - awesome stuff that was... especially if the hunter died unexpectantly... and Drakki came back to kill us quicker then we hoped...
    Yep good times. My personal fav was someone getting knocked off the bridge surviving aggroing half the fucking instance and a race against time for the remainder of the group to kill Draki before the ZERG came in. (also happened in rends room too!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove:

-Flying
    -LFD / LFR teleporting
    -Crossrealm for non instanced content
    -Profession-specific perks (or make them usable without the profession, you just need it to make it)

Stop Using:

-addons
    -third party programs (vent, skype, etc)
    -data mining websites

There. Now the game is all the more homier. No more cheesing the social experience.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    It's what Blizzard is trying (emphasis on trying) to do with WoD. They basically concocted a terrible, "Garrosh goes back in time" story just to bring back previously defeated and dead orcs and set it in a place where they've had critical success in the past (Dreanor/outland).

It's a shameless grab to induce nostalgia of older players of both WoW and the classic RTS games.
    Probably a fairly accurate assessment. I will say though that I like the theme better than cutesie kung fu pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post

Agreed. And like the poster above, also agree still better than MoP. As an old player though I can tell you though if they are going for nostalgia they are missing the point. It isn't the environment people are nostalgic about, it is the community and the gameplay(not the setting). Seeing as they are taking the game in completely opposite direction in terms of community and gameplay, nothing really turns me on about WoD even though I enjoyed BC.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Agreed. And like the poster above, also agree still better than MoP. As an old player though I can tell you though if they are going for nostalgia they are missing the point. It isn't the environment people are nostalgic about, it is the community and the gameplay(not the setting). Seeing as they are taking the game in completely opposite direction in terms of community and gameplay, nothing really turns me on about WoD even though I enjoyed BC.
    I would have to agree, the game has been so gutted over the years its hard to get excited about anything with it now.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    The only contradiction is inside your head.

Inclusive gameplay beats exclusive EVERY SINGLE TIME. Like I said, Except WoW includes wide variety of content, both hard and easy, time consuming and fast. It's inclusive yet you are pretending that it's bringing everything to lowest possible denominator.
    Ok so getting gear from 1 raid to gear up for the same raid on a different difficulty isn't contradictory? Only to replace all that gear in a flash once Blizzard decides its time to move on. LFR, a setting that has to both extremely water down the content and prohibit 10 man version isn't contradictory? That is a clear sacrifice of quality for convenience. Not being able to level half way through a zone before outleveling it isn't contradictory(not an exaggeration)? And that's without any sort of xp boost. Professions are mostly useless. Classes becoming more and more the same, etc.. The whole gold system is fubar but idk that I'd label that a contradiction, just broken.
    Those are just off the top of my head. All of those are a result of Blizzard trying to satisfy everyone. You end up with a bland watered down product.

And no, inclusive is for Hello Kitty super happy fun time 'we're just here to have fun' games. Not to say a game should try to be exclusive, but a good game will have it naturally. 'Hooray we're all the same!', is never fun or interesting.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-08-15 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOrcsMatter View Post
    Hahaha you little troll you, if you are being serious i fear for you.
    Everztar troll? No way!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Ok so getting gear from 1 raid to gear up for the same raid on a different difficulty isn't contradictory? Only to replace all that gear in a flash once Blizzard decides its time to move on. LFR, a setting that has to both extremely water down the content and prohibit 10 man version isn't contradictory? That is a clear sacrifice of quality for cinvenience. Not being able to level half way through a zone before outleveling it isn't contradictory? And that's without any sort of xp boost. Classes becoming more and more the same, etc.. The whole gold system is fubar but idk that I'd label that a contradiction, just broken.
    Those are just off the top of my head. All of those are a result of Blizzard trying to satisfy everyone. You end up with a bland watered down product.

And no, inclusive is for Hello Kitty super happy fun time 'we're just here to have fun' games. Not to say a game should try to be exclusive, but a good game will have it naturally. 'Hooray we're all the same!', is never fun or interesting.
    While some parts are valid others are not.

Having multiple diffuclty modes serves its purpose well. Allowing players of all walks to see the content. There are problems with this and its not perfect but its vastly better than

Easy tier 1 raid, Harder tier 2 raid, very hard 3rd and 4th tier raids that a huge majority will never see. The reason behind it is money. Raids get the most money spent on them in patch budgets. So you either reduce raid content and make content more players will see (say 5man) or you give ways to enable players to more easily get into raid content.

Blizzard chose the latter. I think its a good thing on that front and hopefully in WoD they get it right as MoP put too much focus on LFR and a lot of players wanted the tier gear from it so they could complete their sets to help with progress. They made some changes so we will see how that goes.

As for the leveling, those changes come over time when MoP launched I was deep into Dreadwastes when I hit 90 so it certainly had a good XP curve. Later on they ramp up the XP gains for people playing catch up or doing alts. Which can have an affect on some people not liking said change.

The class changes I would agree with you, sometimes I do wish certain buffs etc were not shared. Those changes were again due to raiding (making certain classes required and what not).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstick View Post
    Everztar troll? No way!
    Meh I never troll...

Those people don't realize that if GW2, Wildstar, Rift and Final Fantasy 14 was to port their game into all Asian languages, Russian, German and french, Spanish? They would have killed wow long-time ago... I bet 25- 50% of WoW player's are from countries that have very weak English and SIMPLY CANT play any other MMO because it's too hard with all the English... And not tobforget the lag they will suffer from.

China, Korea, Russia, Spain, Germany, France and all those languages can play WoW in their own languages... And if it wasn't for this...

Then WoW would've had only 3-4 million subscribers...! (im not kidding.)

All those countries getting wow translated to their language makes wow get a lot of additional players that have difficulty in playing other MMOS cuz they can't either speak, read or write in English...

So basically: I think there's only about 3-4 million subscribers that actually play with the English client.
    Last edited by mmoc8a4a8e38ae; 2014-08-15 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Ok so getting gear from 1 raid to gear up for the same raid on a different difficulty isn't contradictory? Only to replace all that gear in a flash once Blizzard decides its time to move on. LFR, a setting that has to both extremely water down the content and prohibit 10 man version isn't contradictory? That is a clear sacrifice of quality for convenience. Not being able to level half way through a zone before outleveling it isn't contradictory(not an exaggeration)? And that's without any sort of xp boost. Professions are mostly useless. Classes becoming more and more the same, etc.. The whole gold system is fubar but idk that I'd label that a contradiction, just broken.

I didn't finish most zones in bc and other expansions without leveling past them. It just at a much faster pace now. No, professions aren't useless tailoring + double dps trinket in pvp is fun times. Professions effect your dps and the gold you can bring in everyday. Fps games put everyone on equal footing and a lot of people find that game play fun.
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-08-15 at 10:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    I didn't finish most zones in bc and other expansions without leveling past them. It just at a much faster pace now. No, professions aren't useless tailoring + double dps trinket in pvp is fun times. Professions effect your dps and the gold you can bring in everyday. Fps games put everyone on equal footing and a lot of people find that game play fun.
    Yeah well many zones are skipped nowdays due to leveling way too fast...even dungeons are skipped
    And professions was worth leveling before... For yourself that is... You could almost make a full set of good gear from it... You didn't only use it to get money by selling belt and legs to alts who wants to get full epic in a day

Yeah well many zones are skipped nowdays due to leveling way too fast...even dungeons are skipped
    And professions was worth leveling before... For yourself that is... You could almost make a full set of good gear from it... You didn't only use it to get money by selling belt and legs to alts who wants to get full epic in a day

I skipped a lot of zones in classic/bc as well and I never skip dungeons on live because the exp from dungeon quest alone is amazing. Professions are still worth leveling for yourself... They provide easy gold and extra dps. In previous expansion professions could make a set that was good until something dropped from a raid and you replaced it... just like now!
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-08-17 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    I skipped a lot of zones in classic/bc as well and I never skip dungeons on live because the exp from dungeon quest alone is amazing. Professions are still worth leveling for yourself... They provide easy gold and extra dps. In previous expansion professions could make a set that was good until something dropped from a raid and you replaced it... just like now!
    You do realize he's just going to do the "Yeah well..." thing and then move on to an entirely different tangent like he always does, right? The only time he's managed to respond directly to a logical challenge in the thread has resulted in him getting frustrated and leaving the thread, only to return the next day with another round of the same ol'.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.