Page 1 of 63
... LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy When will World of Warcraft become World of Warcraft again? the spark is long lost.

Hello Guys, so yeah... i'm an old-school player.

i've been playing World of Warcraft since launch, and i must say... the game is pretty much getting ruined for me... what about you? don't you think so?
    probably not, because you don't know better since most of you weren't there when it all began, when the game was epic.
    here, i'll mention a few things that has changed during the years... which has also made me think that the game is currently digging it's own grave.

P.S.
    "getting ruined for me" means (it's not yet ruined, and i'm talking about ME, MY OPINION)
    "what about you? don't you think so?" means (i'm asking if others feel the same)

1. The game is a MMO... they've removed the RPG entirely IMO.
    so it's no longer a MMOrpg imo.

i could login right now with my newly dinged 90 shaman... and get full "best" pvp gear in 1 day...
    (yeah i'm serious... since i have a cap for about 18000k conquest points)

*** EDIT ***

like seriously... i leveled 1-60 in months... i had more than 200 days played on my warrior, i player SO DAMN MUCH and every time there was something special, a raid.... farming a certain rep (which took time btw) nowday it seems you become best friends with an entire faction in 1 day... what did u do? save them from the wrath of some crazy monster or what? why would you become EXALTED with a FACTION in 1 day? seriously.... that's just ridiculous...

i didn't get into raiding until pretty late... with my priest that is... but i always dreamed about getting Tier 1 with my warrior because i LOOOVED the Might set! but i never really got it... cuz my realm was over-populated with warriors... so i rerolled a priest to do PvE and kept doing PvP with the warrior!

i remember fighting about the box in Gurubashi Arena...
    i remember when making a TWINK was actually fun because you'd be overpower and troll people in BG...
    nowday if u queue BG with a twink you get opponents that are also twinks... why would you even want to make a twink then? XD
    i remember how everyone was farming in Tyr's Hand... or Heartglen to kill elites that was actually SO HARD that most of the people could only do 1 and then they needed to eat food or use first aid XD

elites nowday? well... if you don't kill it in 2 hits then you must've had ressurection sickness
    i even solo RARE ELITES such as Warbringers, etc within 1 bladestorm :(

where is the fun? seriously... and YES there is transmogg... but i remember walking around the city being like OMFG SOMEONE WITH RAGNAROS HAND JUST PASSED ME BY, WHEN DID SOMEONE ON THIS SERVER GET THAT? /w hey congratulations to the legendary <3
    OMG WHAT SHOULDERS IS THAT? NEVER SEEN IT omg it's from AQ?... RESPECT TO YOU <3

i mean... transmogg is fun... and i bet a lot of people love it... but i think it ruined the game a little too... i mean... i want to be able to walk in the city, knowing what gear people have... without having to inspect everybody =p

i just with there was 100% legit Original vanilla realms... Bug-free but starting from patch 1.x.x and making us have to progress in order for them to release new content etc :(

i don't like the --> straight to last raid

i want us to go through ZG -> MC -> BWL -> AQ -> NAXX

nowday you hit lvl 90, go to an isle to aquire good gear enough for LFR(looking for raid) and just queue up and you're already doing the newest content :/... you should have to start from the beginning.... normal dungeon -> Heroic dungeon -> first raid, second raid, third raid and THEN Siege of Orgrimmar :(

nowday u can just skip everything and go straight to the end... where's the fun in that? :(

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    And if you can't find anyone willing to run that content with you, you're screwed. Maybe I'm wrong, but I figure most people don't want to be wasting time backtracking on old content to get one guy caught up.
    lol... you always did run all raids in a week... some did it to earn DKP, some run with alts, some got boosted gear, some just for the fun of it...

though i DO understand if you don't want to backtrack old content nowdays... cuz let's face it... you'd be doing Siege of Orgrimmar 4 times a week... (lfr, flex, normal, hc) which is pretty booring, isn't it? ;)

but it's a whole other thing if we're talking about 3-4 unique raids every week... right? ;)[/QUOTE]

and what the hell is this!?!?! YOU AINT SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO SOLO A RAID BOSS AT YOUR CURRENT EXPANSION.... WTF?!?!?

and this is also ridiculous... soloing a challenge mode boss xD wtf???!!
    "dat challenge tho!"

https://www.youtube.com/user/Wannoob79/videos

in fact, if you check his youtube channel, you can see that he's been soloing almost every boss of MoP... even challenge modes... and atop of that... he's been soloing WoD bosses with crap-beta-gear.... oh my god, where is this game going really?

and wtf about this "oh you've never been to this dungeon? well then you can't join.... link achievement or you will never be able to tag along..."

*** what happaned to attunaments? i actually liked attunaments!! ***

"Hey guys we have outdoor pvp.... but if you try to attack someone they can sap/stun/cc you and fly away"

"but oh wait... no one is ever outside of the city anyway!"

"you want epics? sure just /claim epics... they're free, go ahead take them!"
    ep·ic [ep-ik]: heroic; majestic; impressively great: the epic events of the war."
    does it look like Epic is still... epic to you?

"you want mounts? sure go to this place and farm for 1 day and you'll be exalted!"

"a day is too much? oh sorry, get this tabard, only 45 silver and you can get it in half a day instead!"

"the game is not unbalanced... that is why frost mages have never been nerfed but everyone else has."

"oh you're queueing as a dps? just hold on a minute... or 15... no wait u must wait 30 minutes sorry!"
    *** please allow more classes to be able to tank ***

"oh your friend died... don't worry you can resurrect him in combat... oh no you died... don't worry he can combat ress you as well... unless you're in heroic."

"damn a sword dropped and i really want it... i didn't get it... whatever i'll get the mace, the axe or the 1h weapons from all the other bosses with almost the exact same stats... cuz i'll transmog anyway."

"you wanna work hard to achieve? ... ... wait... ... sorry then this is not the game for you, we've optimized this game for 12 years and under... so that they can progress every day... and get free epics"

i still remember when i played in vanilla... i played my warrior for over 1 year and i had like 2 epics at first... the unstoppable force and the immovable object. AND THOSE WERE PVP REWARDS WTF
    ***You had to be exalted with Alterac Valley***

then i hit ranked up in PvP which took me a couple of months... i eventually got the shoulders from being exalted with Arathi Basin which was nice... and rest of my gear was rank 1-9 blues... until i had played for another few months and actually ranked up to rank 11 i believe it was? to get boots and gloves? i almost felt mighty... as if i had accomplished some greatness in the game... people were happy about me ranking up... i was starting to get a littlebit famous... if it wasn't for that guy Ztar from a particular guild who climbed in ranks like ridiculously fast because he actually achieved a LEGENDARY WEAPON (Ragnaros Hand) and he was the only one on the server, so he started smashing the pvp big-time.... well, i can't say he didn't deserve it... he totally did... he was a true legend on the Darksorrow Realm... but he was no match for the Alliance Human Female Warrior... Anise... She was rank 14, a real grand marshal... every horde feared her... even in the local defence chat "/3" people would say RUN!!! ANISE IS COMING TO TYRS HAND and seriously we all abandoned the place because we knew we'd get humiliated by her skills...

however, moving on;

i remember when it was actually HARD to get items... i remember when i was HAPPY when i got a new item?
    nowdays you can defeat the game in less than 2 months... do all dungeons get all the best gear with extra rolls... cuz rolling once per boss each week wasn't enough... like WTF?!?!?!?! GAME IT'S TOO EASY... AND I DON'T LIKE EASY GAMES i miss the old times... where you had to run to your place with 60% mount cuz there was no way in hell you could farm 800g for 100% mount... and the only way to get a faster mount was to get that friggin carrot on a damn stick... xD

"LET'S DO AV... AND SUMMON BOSS!" - 2008 player be like: boss? what boss? is there a boss in AV? u mean Vandaar or something? balinda? can't summon, they're already there!

"I remember when i could play AV for 10 hours, go to bed and come back... and enter THE SAME DAMN AV!" 2008 players be like - wat? how? everyone protected base or what? omg noobs! i usually win/loose av in 15 min

*** FIX THIS OMG :( I MISS IT... ***

"i remember in vanilla... you could not waste your hearthstone if you knew you had to go back to Orgrimmar TWICE... cuz there was a 60 min cooldown... so you'd use the flight path!"

"i remember in Vanilla... you could go just select any of those; Silithus, Eastern Plague, Winterspring, Burning Steppes, Blackrock Mountain... if you wanted some PvP... cuz people were actually doing quests... and couldn't escape with flying mount... and if you wanted to be really evil, you could also go to Stv/Stonetalon/Feralas and kill low levels, even Ashenvale you'd see allys 24/7...

the best part? the most evil part? let's take it from the beginning...

in vanilla... at level 20 you could do Wailing Caverns or the old version of Deadmines...
    if you were horde, you'd stand in Crossroads and /1 LF3M HEALER TANK AND DPS FOR WC!!! /w me
    if you were a ally, you'd stand in Westfall and do the same... AFTER YOU HAD FOUND 5 MEMBERS FOR A TEAM... it was finally time to summon them with the MEETING STONE... and ATLEAST 2 players had to go there to summon...

if you wanted to be evil... you could just go to WC or DM summoner stones and await a 5 man party... go in there and slay them... you wouldn't even one shot them... there was no such thing as one shotting people back then. maybe a lvl 1-20 ok... but not above that. you'd crit MAXIMUM of 2k. but that was with special abilities and trinkets and shit. anyways... fun way to gank people... if you were really evil that is. *** i'm not evil, promise! ***

wanna hear more? oh yeah... i remember in vanilla... if someone had half gear with epics he was cool... if someone had epic mount he was cool... if someone had found the ZULIAN TIGER HE WAS SUPER COOL...

but if someone Obtained the Amani War bear, "k bro who cares"
    if someone gets full epic in a week "k bro who cares"
    nothing is special nowadays and Blizzard made sure that everything was easy to obtain. even Raven Lord was once very very very rare, and could only be obtained if you were a Druid
    *** well, you could give it away to team members ***

another one; engineering was fun, you could make bombs and use them...
    first aid was necessary for most people cuz it actually healed you about 50% your hp.
    HEALING POTS, don't forget that... it was also like 50% your hp...

hunters had to buy arrows and could use melee in close combat... now they just scatter > trap you to get away and where's the fun in that? i miss razor blade and wingclip wtf :(

P.S. if you were good in vanilla... you were famous. not cuz you streamed, not cuz you were some other internet celebrity. but for the fact that there was no such thing as cross realm PVP or PVE.

people would be like "omg Anise on alliance side is rank 14. ****ing GRAND MARSHAL. RESPECT. DON'T MESS WITH HER."

now when i find friends which is very rare, they're on another realm and 1 week later they're forgotten.

i remember when i could walk past orgrimmar auction house and see 20 players that was my friends...

now it's more like: Ankrut? he must be new... Blrgu... he must also be new... who is this and who is that?

no respect, no nothing. :3 i'm very sad because World of Warcraft used to be such a nice place and i had tons of friends :(

* i could keep on writing here for hours about things that is ruined, but unfortunately i don't have more time.
    please comment what you think about this...

1. Should it really be this easy to farm gear?
    2. Wouldn't you like Attunaments instead of achievement linking?
    3. Would you mind, if epics were only obtainable from raids, with a lower chance? say 2 items per boss drops, instead of like 6-8 or whatever it is?
    4. How can you be happy about getting a item, if you know that within the next 24 hours you might replace it?
    5. Why would there be so many zones with so many quests... if you don't even have time to do more than 5 quests each zone because you level up too fast?
    6. i watched a Youtube Video of a blue geared level 90 going to Draenor for the first time... and 2 hitted mobs... and got BLUE GEAR FROM QUESTS!?!?!? will Draenor really be that easy!?!? is there no challenge in questing?!?!

please tell me what you think, and please criticize and change my mind, i really want to be interested in playing Warlords of Draenor... but i'm having a hard time right now...

and i do not blame Blizzard for any of this, they've just been listening to their "fans"
    i love blizzard and i always will... i hope that some day there will be Vanilla or TBC realms... inside the Original World of Warcraft Client.

i remember at level 30... i got a quest to swim far out the sea to a little island... to get my amazing warrior axe that i always kept just because it was cool...

i had to make quests to get different stances...

bear form, cat form... getting a new form in every 10th level...

getting air, fire, earth, water totems... one by one...

being able to tame pets, feed them...

even dropped tomes that made mages able to make different food, or a cool polymorph...

idk... i miss so many things that a thread here isn't enough to describe it all... i miss the old time when World of Warcraft was better than hanging with my friends at the schoolyard playing, or just staying late at a friends house or whatever...

World of Warcraft had my friends, sitting by a bonefire talking about anything, dueling in durotar, being kind, buying fadeleaf to a rogue after a duel... making them super happy.... idk... it feels like they've removed the "role playing" out of the game...

people think i like hard things, or things that take long time... but they're actually misunderstanding my whole thread...

i miss the role playing, the feelings you would get from achieving a new weapon... new shoulders... the feeling that said "Finally, i got a new item... i deserve it"
    it's just like IRL... if anything was given free/easily, how can you be happy? think about that... i'd rather work long and hard for a new item than getting one very easy with the mind set on getting another one tomorrow anyway? i couldn't be happy that way...

vanishing powder
    poison
    blinding powder
    arrows / bullets using a quiver and even 1h weapons if you were to get into close combat...
    portal runes
    getting fiery weapon was expensive so you got beastslaying just because you wanted the glow...
    warlocks went farming soul shards
    leveling so slow that you would actually go through a whole zone and enjoy every single quest and keep up with the story... finding caves, swimming the water because you had to do quests there, farming cloth because first aid was actually convenient...
    fishing/farming to make food, if you weren't a mage...
    making shield block damage enchants
    make bow/gun enchants...
    farming light feather for slow fall...
    not because it was necessary... but because it was fun to have, characters was more fun back then imo... because there was so much more to do except farm dungeons or battlegrounds and gold :/

when Professions could actually make good weapons/armors that people would actually use... just just belt and legs...

saving DKP... for that ONE ITEM YOU WANTED.
    instead of someone rolling more than you on a rare item... every time... 5 times in row...

farming the resistance gear... fire for MC / BWL, nature for AQ... frost for certain boss in NAXX...

you had a JOB... and it wasn't to farm gold for your repair bills or food/pots...

you would do so much more than just that... to be ready for a raid...

there's so much to say... because i really miss the role playing part of World of Warcraft...

and about Alterac Valley... i miss farming scraps and bloods to send troops... summon bosses... it was way funnier that way... i do not like the rushing that we're doing right now :( it's not fun actually... the whole concept of the Battleground is not working the way it should... i actually liked Alterac Valley and i really really really hope that Ashran will give me that old feeling of endless battles that will just go on and on and on and we're picking up reinforcements and blah blah...
    (i like the guildwars eternal battleground cuz of this... just wish World of Warcraft could do something like this!
    Alterac Valley once was like this)

whatever :( it'll never be the same...

***** i will add more to this thread later, i must continue working right now... i'm sorry *****

P.S. this is just my point of view, i do not care whether you think that i'm retarded or not, but the game HAS CHANGED and i know a lot of people who have quit the game because of all the changes...

why do you think that Vanilla / TBC private servers are so popular? there's hundreds of thousands of players playing Vanilla / TBC private server... because they want to play the old school World of Warcraft, but Blizzard isn't making their own realms with Vanilla/TBC... and i would never do such a thing as to play a fake-client game... i'm just wishing for retail WoW to become something better... a game as which i dont have to feel "i don't have anything to do" no more...

However, i still enjoy the game... i'm just making this thread simply because; i think that World of Warcraft has lost the spark in a few edges here and there, the game isn't actually RUINED... but for ME... PERSONALLY... it has been digging its own grave... i'm not talking for all of you.... i'm making this thread from MY POINT OF VIEW... MINE ONLY. PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Boring 5 mans that could be played by 5 monkeys since addon start, are not an improvement.
    Boring leveling where you have no challenge, even if you pulling the entire zone is not an improvement.
    Boring raids (except hc) where literally no challenge exists are not an improvement.
    Giving everything to everyone is not an improvement except blizzards wallet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Part View Post
    game has lost all sense of a world and is now just menus and queues.

wow is still ok but not the game it used to be and never will because this generation of gamers are absolutely fucking retarded and blizzard feels the need to cater to them
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    it will never be. Blizzard no longer tries to make the best game possible, they now try to make as much money as possible. big difference.

apologists telling me they are a company in 3.. 2.. 1..
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    OP: I know what you mean, I felt the same way.

Now, after a pretty long break (over a year I think), I can see more clearly. Or should I say, without nostalgia goggles.

I think we can't get the old feeling back, if nothing else, cause everything was new, unfamiliar and seemed HUGE (no flying, remember).

However, I think 2 things could get better:

1) Epics should feel epic, not like "legendary are new epic" like someone said. (Though, how likely this would happen, not sure -.-)

2) From when I played, community and players have gotten worse. As people(players), being rude, have no patience (i.e. 1 wipe and they leave), treating others as if they were pixels and not human beings.
    Other thing is that all of us got so used to the game, we kinda want everything - right now! And if we get everything in like 1 week, how are we suppose to enjoy the game?

We rush ingame things and kinda chase the end game, only to not truly reach it and enjoy, thus the rush kills the fun.

Just remember when all was new. You could do 1 quest for an hour and have fun. You could wipe 20+ times before getting the boss and have fun.

And now? If it's not RIGHT NOW, then screw it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    You are probably gonna be nostalgia bombed...

But yeah i agree, never have wow been so boring as it has now. PVP has a decent skillfloor, but on the other hand most classes is just button bash atm.

And yeah they key fun parts in wow was:

Epic gear was EPIC
    Attunements was fun as it was part of progress!
    Old content was viable no matter how many months/year passed. Like we see anyone today bother raiding MAX 1 tier below.
    No snowflake items =/

Alot of people are gonna piss and whine over they cant get the same as others with work and sheit.
    Some people looked at others in near perfect gear and thought to themselves. MEH I SHOULD HAVE THAT GEAR TO FOR 1/4'th THE EFFORT.

While some of us looked at them with admiration! And thought to ourselves, one day thats gonna be me.

I cant remember the last time i was stoked/excited about getting a epic loot.
    Cant remember the last time i enjoyed an arena.
    Kinda pissed off they removed titles from 2v2 aswell.
    IF anything they could have just make it harder to get to the top %. And maybe remove r1 title from the bracket....

Personally 2v2 can be a drag, especially in MoP...
    But damn i had tons of interresting matches in tbc / wotlk.

And the reasoning to removing was that it was to hard to balance...
    Like 3v3 is balanced...
    THINK ABOUT IT, in a season its always the same combos that dominate ladders...
    ATM its LSD/LSD2 etc etc.

And finally and foremost its a game, its digital reward, its a digital mount/title.
    Why have a bracket that is pointless to play...
    Now its just for boosting peoples cap / capping yourself.

Me and 6 irl mates all started in vanilla/BC. And yeah we all agree wow was better back then. More to do, no reason to be altoholic 1-2 max'd lvl was more then enough.
    Gear/downing new bosses was more exhillerating.

But that is not to say that vanilla/TBC utterly STINKS to play now.
    It does, its not fun imho...
    It was great back then, not so much anymore...
    But neither is current wow.
    I have very high hopes for WoD, hopefully it will bring back the potential to 1vX again.
    Well that and 0 bots in BG's.
    I remember in BC / WOTLK The glad people i met in arena's i also met in world / BG's VERY often.

Because BG's was fun, raids was fun, i had no problem not doing sunwell, i was perfectly fine progressing in BT/Hyjal.

MoP sucks, its casualcraft. No RPG elements, no possibilities for creative talent builds, no pleasure in PVE progress (Heroic raids cleared in 1 week).
    That aint fucking pleasure... Pleasure is being stuck on a boss for 2 weeks to suddenly down him, to have 25 people SCREAMING FOR 5 minutes, everyone with a smile on their lips impossible to remove!.

And finding that special epic loot you have been wanting so badly!...
    ../.. MoP & Cata

And if you are wondering about blizzard logics
    Here is an example: They are adding ladder seasons to diablo 3.
    A game without trade.
    Like it isnt hard enough to find upgrades without having to start over :)

Less button bash, less cooldown spamming, less wellfare epics, more thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I recall when my undead warlock in vanilla went to desolace and i faced those mannoroc coven demons and their warlock masters.

Those mobs were not only higher level than usual for that zone (orange/red for my warlock), they also had MASSIVE spell resistances - especially towards fire and shadow.

I would spend HOURS fighting those demons 1 by 1, trying to outlive them while my dots slowly chewed through their massive spell resistance-protected health pools.

I recall casting fear 4 times in a row just to get it to "pierce" the resistance ONCE, and then the demon would only go 3 steps because the fear broke.

When i ran out of mana during a fight, i would life tap and then frantically spam Life Drain in hopes of it getting through spell resistances and drain some of the health back, all the while praying the damn Fear holds.

I devoured healthstones, health potions (alchemist) and even first aid trying to out-fox those demons...
    And if the demon manages to invite his friend to fight me as well, i was pretty much forced to run... or hope for a lucky long-duration banish or fear on the add.

And the best thing was... the demons there respawned either by walking out of a gateway looking object, or by falling like a meteor (infernal).
    So i was pretty much never sure was there a demon about to drop on my face or teleport in through an unnoticed gateway.

Such adventures are what sticks to a player's mind even almost a DECADE since playing vanilla.
    Difficult challenge, intense effort, risk of failure/death at every moment, and PERHAPS a well deserved triumphant success.

The reward was not some epic or some mount or some huge amount of EXP or some rare title... it was the thrill of adventure!
    Exactly what is at the heart of every worthwhile role playing game, regardless is it on a PC or pen 'n paper.

I leveled 13+ characters through MoP leveling zones.
    I remember NOT ONE unique leveling experience after all those characters that reached 90.

The entire leveling process is so easy, guaranteed success, completely effortless - there is nothing worth remembering outside of an end-raid or organized pvp.

Sincerely, Everztar / Nizque / Piizh / Chojuro, Implodanter of the Realms Darksorrow and Stormscale.
    Last edited by mmoc8a4a8e38ae; 2014-09-04 at 08:21 AM. Reason: added a few things...

Deleted
    The spark is lost because you can't enjoy a product forever, not because it has lost its quality over time. You're just inventing reasons to try and justify it's the game's fault and not yours that you're not enjoying an old product anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    The spark is lost because you can't enjoy a product forever, not because it has lost its quality over time. You're just inventing reasons to try and justify it's the game's fault and not yours that you're not enjoying an old product anymore.
    Pretty much this. It´s you and not the game

10+ Year Old Account
    "in vanilla... at level 20 you could do Wailing Caverns or the old version of Deadmines...
    if you were horde, you'd stand in Crossroads and /1 LF3M HEALER TANK AND DPS FOR WC!!! /w me
    if you were a ally, you'd stand in Westfall and do the same... AFTER YOU HAD FOUND 5 MEMBERS FOR A TEAM... it was finally time to summon them with the MEETING STONE... and ATLEAST 2 players had to go there to summon...

if you wanted to be evil... you could just go to WC or DM summoner stones and await a 5 man party... go in there and slay them... you wouldn't even one shot them... there was no such thing as one shotting people back then. maybe a lvl 1-20 ok... but not above that. you'd crit MAXIMUM of 2k. but that was with special abilities and trinkets and shit. anyways... fun way to gank people... if you were really evil that is. *** i'm not evil, promise! ***"

That sounds like super compelling gameplay, standing around waiting for people to join your group! I agree server community is good, but that was not the reason why :P

Also, I am pretty sure you are looking through rose colored goggles if you think people couldn't one shot others, guessing you never played against or as a geared rogue or mage or shaman :P

- - - Updated - - -

Also the whole "OMG HE GOT A BLUE...FROM A QUEST?" thing...does it matter what color the gear is at this point?
    You're a towel.

yeah i am not really for planing to go back to wow its sucks and will only get worse sad thing now that i am not addicted to wow i am addicted to wow news i have to get over it.... this game is shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    Pretty much this. It´s you and not the game
    then tell me why i miss so many old things? tell me why the community is pretty much ruined and the only "friends" i have now is my arena teammates and irl friends? i can't keep track on which guilds on my realm that is good... or w/e cuz no one cares no more...
    things are wicked and weird... i still enjoy the game, i just miss plenty of all the good old stuff, which made the game better...

Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    yeah i am not really for planing to go back to wow its sucks and will only get worse sad thing now that i am not addicted to wow i am addicted to wow news i have to get over it.... this game is shit
    i feel you... but atleast the expansion should be worth a shot...

Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    Please stop with the logic, OP clearly thought we needed another thread filled with subjective arguments that will get absolutely nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Everztar View Post
    then tell me why i miss so many old things?
    Sounds awfully close to pink glasses, yes that's nostalgia.

The spark is never coming back because you'll never have a clean slate ever again.

You enjoy things when you first find them because they are new. WoW will never be new again, no matter what Blizzard does. You will have to find another way to motivate your enjoyment and find that spark, or simply accept that you won't get it again, unfortunately.

Think about it: when you first started playing, you didn't give a shit how easy or hard it was to farm gear. You didn't give a fuck about attunements. You probably didn't even know what any of that crap was. I promise that you didn't care if a max level player had it really easy doing quests or not. It didn't really matter at any point where epics were coming from, either. That stuff is not the reason you enjoyed WoW initially. You enjoyed it because it was new. It hasn't been new in a decade. Deal.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2014-07-14 at 09:14 AM.

Deleted
    i've seen drakedog crit 9k... then they nerfed the zul gurub trinket... but 1v1 at level 60 there was no one shotting or two shotting :3

blue items was supposed to be unique, superior... better than green which was supposed to be "uncommon"... nowdays it feels like
    Legendary is Epic
    Epic is Rare
    Rare is Uncommon
    Uncommon is Common

I stopped after the first few sentences. If the game was "ruined" no one would be playing it. Nothing is for everyone. People simply have different interests. The game has not been "ruined," it has simply changed in a way that you do not like. All this means is that the game is no longer for you. You can voice your opinions to Blizzard if you want, but they do not have to listen to you if your views do not fit into the philosophy of their game. If they do not listen, it just means that the game will likely no longer be for you and people who have a similar mindset as you, and you should just leave.

There is no right or wrong way to make a game. If a game is not doing things that you like, then find another one that does those things and stop acting like your opinion is fact.

Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    Yeah, the game's shit. That's why it still has 7+ million subs.

I wish people would stop slurring their opinions as though they are fact...

Deleted
    then tell me why i miss so many old things? tell me why the community is pretty much ruined and the only "friends" i have now is my arena teammates and irl friends? i can't keep track on which guilds on my realm that is good... or w/e cuz no one cares no more...
    things are wicked and weird... i still enjoy the game, i just miss plenty of all the good old stuff, which made the game better...
    The game hasn't changed much but because you're bored with it, you're starting to notice its bad things. The game always had these issues but you really liked it but, more or less consciously, you ignored them.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've seen drakedog crit 9k... then they nerfed the zul gurub trinket... but 1v1 at level 60 there was no one shotting or two shotting :3

blue items was supposed to be unique, superior... better than green which was supposed to be "uncommon"... nowdays it feels like
    Legendary is Epic
    Epic is Rare
    Rare is Uncommon
    Uncommon is Common

So the hell what? Is there a reason the color of gear even matters to you? It doesen't matter. How about instead of looking at the color, you see if it says "heroic" or soon "mythic" next to it? How is that even harder or different?

Also there were to one and two shots in vanilla, seriously, enh shamans could easily do it, rogues could do it, locks could, mages could. Probalby others I just can't remember.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    I stopped after the first few sentences. If the game was "ruined" no one would be playing it. Nothing is for everyone. People simply have different interests. The game has not been "ruined," it has simply changed in a way that you do not like. All this means is that the game is no longer for you. You can voice your opinions to Blizzard if you want, but they do not have to listen to you if your views do not fit into the philosophy of their game. If they do not listen, it just means that the game will likely no longer be for you and people who have a similar mindset as you, and you should just leave.

There is no right or wrong way to make a game. If a game is not doing things that you like, then find another one that does those things and stop acting like your opinion is fact.
    no game can hold the quality and greatness that Vanilla WoW did, and it's true... that the game isn't ruined in everyones opinion... but atleast in mine. and a few of my friends and such... but how could you change a game so much that it feels like a entirely whole new game? why wouldn't they just make another MMO if they wanted the game to be so different? like i said, i still enjoy the game, but many things have changed and i just wanted to point out a few things that i didn't like about all the changes :c

Hello Guys, so yeah... i'm an old-school player.

i've been playing World of Warcraft since launch, and i must say... the game is pretty much ruined... don't you think?
    probably not, because you don't know better since most of you weren't there when it all began, when the game was epic.
    here, i'll mention a few things that has changed during the years... which has also made the game dig its own grave.

i could login right now with my newly dinged 90 shaman... and get full "best" pvp gear in 1 day...
    (yeah i'm serious... since i have a cap for about 18000k conquest points)

and wtf about this "oh you've never been to this dungeon? well then you can't join.... link achievement or you will never be able to tag along..."

*** what happaned to attunaments? i actually liked attunaments!! ***

"Hey guys we have outdoor pvp.... but if you try to attack someone they can sap/stun/cc you and fly away"

"but oh wait... no one is ever outside of the city anyway!"

"you want epics? sure just /claim epics... they're free, go ahead take them!"
    ep·ic [ep-ik]: heroic; majestic; impressively great: the epic events of the war."
    does it look like Epic is still... epic to you?

"you want mounts? sure go to this place and farm for 1 day and you'll be exalted!"

"a day is too much? oh sorry, get this tabard, only 45 silver and you can get it in half a day instead!"

"the game is not unbalanced... that is why frost mages have never been nerfed but everyone else has."

"oh you're queueing as a dps? just hold on a minute... or 15... no wait u must wait 30 minutes sorry!"
    *** please allow more classes to be able to tank ***

"oh your friend died... don't worry you can resurrect him in combat... oh no you died... don't worry he can combat ress you as well... unless you're in heroic."

"damn a sword dropped and i really want it... i didn't get it... whatever i'll get the mace, the axe or the 1h weapons from all the other bosses with almost the exact same stats... cuz i'll transmog anyway."

"you wanna work hard to achieve? ... ... wait... ... sorry then this is not the game for you, we've optimized this game for 12 years and under... so that they can progress every day... and get free epics"

i still remember when i played in vanilla... i played my warrior for over 1 year and i had like 2 epics at first... the unstoppable force and the immovable object. AND THOSE WERE PVP REWARDS WTF
    ***You had to be exalted with Alterac Valley***

then i hit ranked up in PvP which took me a couple of months... i eventually got the shoulders from being exalted with Arathi Basin which was nice... and rest of my gear was rank 1-9 blues... until i had played for another few months and actually ranked up to rank 11 i believe it was? to get boots and gloves? i almost felt mighty... as if i had accomplished some greatness in the game... people were happy about me ranking up... i was starting to get a littlebit famous... if it wasn't for that guy Ztar from a particular guild who climbed in ranks like ridiculously fast because he actually achieved a LEGENDARY WEAPON (Ragnaros Hand) and he was the only one on the server, so he started smashing the pvp big-time.... well, i can't say he didn't deserve it... he totally did... he was a true legend on the Darksorrow Realm... but he was no match for the Alliance Human Female Warrior... Anise... She was rank 14, a real grand marshal... every horde feared her... even in the local defence chat "/3" people would say RUN!!! ANISE IS COMING TO TYRS HAND and seriously we all abandoned the place because we knew we'd get humiliated by her skills...

however, moving on;

i remember when it was actually HARD to get items... i remember when i was HAPPY when i got a new item?
    nowdays you can defeat the game in less than 2 months... do all dungeons get all the best gear with extra rolls... cuz rolling once per boss each week wasn't enough... like WTF?!?!?!?! GAME IT'S TOO EASY... AND I DON'T LIKE EASY GAMES i miss the old times... where you had to run to your place with 60% mount cuz there was no way in hell you could farm 500g for 100% mount... and the only way to get a faster mount was to get that friggin carrot on a damn stick... xD

"LET'S DO AV... AND SUMMON BOSS!" - 2008 player be like: boss? what boss? is there a boss in AV? u mean Vandaar or something? balinda? can't summon, they're already there!

"I remember when i could play AV for 10 hours, go to bed and come back... and enter THE SAME DAMN AV!" 2008 players be like - wat? how? everyone protected base or what? omg noobs! i usually win/loose av in 15 min

*** FIX THIS OMG I MISS IT... ***

"i remember in vanilla... you could not waste your hearthstone if you knew you had to go back to Orgrimmar TWICE... cuz there was a 60 min cooldown... so you'd use the flight path!"

"i remember in Vanilla... you could go just select any of those; Silithus, Eastern Plague, Winterspring, Burning Steppes, Blackrock Mountain... if you wanted some PvP... cuz people were actually doing quests... and couldn't escape with flying mount... and if you wanted to be really evil, you could also go to Stv/Stonetalon/Feralas and kill low levels, even Ashenvale you'd see allys 24/7...

the best part? the most evil part? let's take it from the beginning...

in vanilla... at level 20 you could do Wailing Caverns or the old version of Deadmines...

if you wanted to be evil... you could just go to WC or DM summoner stones and await a 5 man party... go in there and slay them... you wouldn't even one shot them... there was no such thing as one shotting people back then. maybe a lvl 1-20 ok... but not above that. you'd crit MAXIMUM of 2k. but that was with special abilities and trinkets and shit. anyways... fun way to gank people... if you were really evil that is. *** i'm not evil, promise! ***

wanna hear more? oh yeah... i remember in vanilla... if someone had half gear with epics he was cool... if someone had epic mount he was cool... if someone had found the ZULIAN TIGER HE WAS SUPER COOL...

but if someone Obtained the Amani War bear, "k bro who cares"
    if someone gets full epic in a week "k bro who cares"
    nothing is special nowadays and Blizzard made sure that everything was easy to obtain. even Raven Lord was once very very very rare, and could only be obtained if you were a Druid
    *** well, you could give it away to team members ***

another one; engineering was fun, you could make bombs and use them...
    first aid was necessary for most people cuz it actually healed you about 50% your hp.
    HEALING POTS, don't forget that... it was also like 50% your hp...

hunters had to buy arrows and could use melee in close combat... now they just scatter > trap you to get away and where's the fun in that? i miss razor blade and wingclip wtf

P.S. if you were good in vanilla... you were famous. not cuz you streamed, not cuz you were some other internet celebrity. but for the fact that there was no such thing as cross realm PVP or PVE.

people would be like "omg Anise on alliance side is rank 14. ****ing GRAND MARSHAL. RESPECT. DON'T MESS WITH HER."

now when i find friends which is very rare, they're on another realm and 1 week later they're forgotten.

i remember when i could walk past orgrimmar auction house and see 20 players that was my friends...

now it's more like: Ankrut? he must be new... Blrgu... he must also be new... who is this and who is that?

no respect, no nothing. :3 i'm very sad because World of Warcraft used to be such a nice place and i had tons of friends

* i could keep on writing here for hours about things that is ruined, but unfortunately i don't have more time.
    please comment what you think about this...

3. Would you mind, if epics were only obtainable from raids, with a lower chance? say 2 items per boss drops, instead of like 6-8 or whatever it is?
    4. How can you be happy about getting a item, if you know that within the next 24 hours you might replace it?
    5. Why would there be so many zones with so many quests... if you don't even have time to do more than 5 quests each zone because you level up too fast?
    6. i watched a Youtube Video of a blue geared level 90 going to Draenor for the first time... and 2 hitted mobs... and got BLUE GEAR FROM QUESTS!?!?!? will Draenor really be that easy!?!? is there no challenge in questing?!?!

please tell me what you think, and please criticize and change my mind, i really want to be interested in playing Warlords of Draenor... but i'm having a hard time right now...

and i do not blame Blizzard for any of this, they've just been listening to their "fans"
    i love blizzard and i always will... i hope that some day there will be Vanilla or TBC realms... inside the Original World of Warcraft Client.

***** i will add more to this thread later, i must continue working right now... i'm sorry *****

Sincerely, Everztar / Nizque / Piizh / Chojuro, Implodanter of the Realms Darksorrow and Stormscale.
    TLDR: Nostalgia goggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    sheesh learn to look stuff up before raging like a rabid dog that hasnt seen daylight or ate a thing in weeks
    -you are not able to even get the besy pvp gear in a single day decent yes the best no
    -when do ppl actually ask for ach link for dungeons?raids yes but never a simple dungeon
    -nobody really misses attuments if was a pain in the ass if you wanted to recruit new guildies for raids
    -as for outdoor pvp i agree but in WOD we get a open world pvp zone close to the capital zones
    -as for epics what do you want?MOP is nearing its end it has always been easy epics at the end of the x-pack
    -yeah waiting what seems endlessly at a summon stone is fun /sarcasm

So what the OP is saying is: All my fave stuff got changed. Therefore, WoW is ruined and terribad.

Where have I heard this before? Oh, right, the other three hundred QQ threads on this forum.

15+ Year Old Account

Legendary is Epic
    Epic is Rare
    Rare is Uncommon
    Uncommon is Common
    You clearly didn't fight any PoM/Pyro mages or Destruction warlocks with Talisman of Emphirical Power, or PvE/Grand Marshal geared Retribution Paladin/Warriors.

Hell I could two shot people at level 60 if I got lucky with trinket procs.
    - White crit, Seal of Command crit, Judgement of Command crit (on stunned target), Hand of Reckoning crit, Seal of Command crit. Good night.

With 25-30% crit it wasn't even that uncommon.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    no game can hold the quality and greatness that Vanilla WoW did
    Because it was new and exciting

1 yes
    2 no
    3 it´s already like that
    4 not really raiding to be happy about receiving an item
    5 don´t use heirlooms
    6 beta tuning and also non boosted fresh 90 have like 420-430ilvl so don´t expect it to be a massive challenge to kill the first mobs

no game can hold the quality and greatness that Vanilla WoW did, and it's true... that the game isn't ruined in everyones opinion... but atleast in mine. and a few of my friends and such... but how could you change a game so much that it feels like a entirely whole new game? why wouldn't they just make another MMO if they wanted the game to be so different? like i said, i still enjoy the game, but many things have changed and i just wanted to point out a few things that i didn't like about all the changes :c
    There are people, including myself (who started playing in December of 2006), who do not agree with this. So, it is not true. It is just in opinion that you and some of your friends share.

WoW has existed for 10 years and it changed over time. It isn't like the game had a complete change from the way it was in Vanilla to the way it is now in the time span of a few weeks or months. It evolved. Think of any game that has existed for as long or longer than WoW and see how much it has changed (like Zelda, Mario, Megaman, etc).