Question on 4pc Guardian bonus

“Activating Frenzied Regeneration and Savage Defense will cause a heal over time on yourself based on 30% of your Attack Power over 8 sec”

I have a question on the above 4pc bonus for Guardians. The way it is written, both FR and SD would have to be active for the HoT to trigger. Is this really the case? Aren’t these two spells, which each cost 60 rage, pretty much an “either or” option, not an “and”?

And as long as I’m posting, I might as well also ask the question that I’ve always wondered of you great Guardian players – How do YOU dump your rage? FR or SD? Personally I always default to SD unless there is a point which I need to self-heal. And I guess I should throw in that 9 out of 10 times empowered maul > SD for me (unless I know there will be heavy incoming dmg)

I believe using either will active the bonus, not both at the same time.

I'm not sure what you mean by dumping your rage with SD or FR. They are not rage dumps, they are your active mitigation. There is no personal opinion to it, one is going to be mathematically better considering your damage intake, vengeance and other factors. Generally you'll want to keep SD up as long as there are attacks to dodge and FR with excess rage.

I believe using either will active the bonus, not both at the same time.
    Correct.

But yeah, keep SD up at all times and FR if you need it. Spend excess Rage on Maul.