1. #1

    How do i change color of my flight form?

    Hey!

    This is the first time im playing a druid so i haven't giving the colors much thought, but today a lvl 66 night elf druid (i'm a night elf as well) flew past me, and he was purple.
    Since mine is boring black/grey i thought i would change that.
    Bear and cat changes color with the haircolor but not the flight form. Am i stuck with this boring color?
    Tried blue, purple and two different green, still the same color of the bird.

    Appreciate any help. Thanks!


  2. #2
    You cant change Flight form colours
    Night Elfs get purple when they get epic flying
    Worgens get the grey colour

  3. #3
    Last edited by rakkar; 2014-07-14 at 02:38 PM.

  4. #4
    The purple bird you saw was the Swift flight form. You get it when you purchase Artisan riding when you reach lvl 70.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    You cant change Flight form colours
    Night Elfs get purple when they get epic flying
    Worgens get the grey colour
    Except that he wrote that he is a night elf aswell and you can see so on his player unitframe.

    As far as I remember the color of the flightform was tied the to "type", normal flightform having a different one than the swift flight form.

  6. #6
    Thanks for the fast answers!

    I guess i was wrong about the druid i saw, he must have been 76, not 66 then.
    Feels good to know i don't have to see this bird for much longer!

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,753
    Welcome to the class with the least amount of character customizability!

    Although learning that Tauren druids have an additional 2 colorations for Bear Form/Cat Form makes me feel special.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  8. #8
    Warchief MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Welcome to the class with the least amount of character customizability!
    How does a druid have less customization than any other class? If anything its the class with the most?
    Epic!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    How does a druid have less customization than any other class? If anything its the class with the most?
    Diversity yeah. Customisation, no.

  10. #10
    Warchief MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Diversity yeah. Customisation, no.
    But.. just answer the question. How does a druid have less customization than any other class when talking about the color of the models?
    Epic!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    But.. just answer the question. How does a druid have less customization than any other class when talking about the color of the models?
    All classes can customize their character by gearing and transmog.
    Can show the new models
    Hunters have a huge variety and constantly new pet models as a byproduct of new patches/expansions.

    You can argue Druids having at least the same customisation (if not less), but definitely not the most.

    Everyone can change hair and skin colour. The forms just reflect that change as well.

  12. #12
    Warchief MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Everyone can change hair and skin colour. The forms just reflect that change as well.
    Exactly. Everyone can change hair and skin and the forms reflect these. How is a druid the least customizable regarding hair and skin color?
    Not counting forms they are exactly the same as other classes.

    Transmog is a whole other deal which i agree that druids (except for resto mostly) are the class with shittiest options due to sitting in form all the time.
    Epic!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Exactly. Everyone can change hair and skin and the forms reflect these. How is a druid the least customizable regarding hair and skin color?
    Not counting forms they are exactly the same as other classes.

    Transmog is a whole other deal which i agree that druids (except for resto mostly) are the class with shittiest options due to sitting in form all the time.
    I'd argue that they have the least, as you don't see your transmog when in forms, you cant see your actual hair etc, the colour is merely a reflection of it as has been said.

  14. #14
    Warchief MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I'd argue that they have the least, as you don't see your transmog when in forms, you cant see your actual hair etc, the colour is merely a reflection of it as has been said.
    The original post is about the color of hair and skin. Not about transmog. Before transmogs you will have exactly as many options of customizing as any other class if not more.
    Epic!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Exactly. Everyone can change hair and skin and the forms reflect these. How is a druid the least customizable regarding hair and skin color?
    Not counting forms they are exactly the same as other classes.

    Transmog is a whole other deal which i agree that druids (except for resto mostly) are the class with shittiest options due to sitting in form all the time.
    I wasn't aware I could shapeshift into any bear/cat I wanted. Then there's Balance, those poor poor things.

    As for the coloration thing; it's still the same model. At least the other classes have options when it comes to their face or hairstyle. And not being able to see some portion of your gear while shapeshifted means that you get tired of the model faster since you're always looking at it in combat.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-07-18 at 03:39 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •