The Shaman PvP Thread

Just looking for a discussion on spec/glyph/talent preferences for the various Shaman specs. Personally, I'm a long time Elemental player in PvP but have been itching to try Enhancement. I honestly don't know the state of many of the specs right now due to me coming back from a spotty hiatus. So lets hear your specs and thoughts on the class in PvP.
    Warlock since BC|Shaman since WoTLK

10+ Year Old Account
    I am enhance, and this is what I have gathered. not going to get into the specifics; 2k rated last season. Always subject to change with comps/situations:

Glyphs worth mentioning:
    Glyph of sham rage
    Glyph of healing storm
    Glyph of lightning shield
    Glyph of hex
    Glyph of purge
    Glyph of spirit walk

Talents:
    Tier 1:all are good
    Tier 2: Frozen power/windwalk Personally I always take windwalk; the AOE snare/root removal is to good
    Tier 3: Call of elements- 2 tremor, 2 healing stream, 2 windwalk, 2 stone bulwark, 2 earthbrind/earthgrab, 2 grounding, 2 capacitor.
    Tier 4: All are good: elemental mastery for a bursty build, ancestral for constant damage, Echo is for more heals
    Tier 5: Ancestral guidance: good healing cooldown, other two dont really work for pvp
    Tier 6: All are good: Unleash elements can be used for constant damage as well as a good sort of defensive stance with rockbiter imbune. Elemental blast gives a good bust for your maelstrom, we all know lightning bolt hits for crap. Primal elementalist is best in terms of burst damage. earth elemental aslo has a stun, which is always good

Gear: all pvp gear is best

Stats: after hit/expertise cap agility> mastery> haste=crit. Ive seen many top shamans go for crit over haste. Crit give you a more bursty build, haste gives you constant damage and more maelstrom procs.

Strategy in a nutshell:hex, purge,toss totems for support, auto attack, offheal, pop CDs accordingly

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/23...man-guide-547/ for the specifics

Quote Originally Posted by seasawl0l View Post
    I am enhance, and this is what I have gathered. not going to get into the specifics; 2k rated last season. Always subject to change with comps/situations:

Glyphs worth mentioning:
    Glyph of sham rage
    Glyph of healing storm
    Glyph of hex
    Glyph of purge
    Glyph of spirit walk

Talents:
    Tier 2: Frozen power/windwalk Personally I always take windwalk; the AOE snare/root removal is to good
    Tier 3: Call of elements- 2 tremor, 2 healing stream, 2 windwalk, 2 stone bulwark, 2 earthbrind/earthgrab, 2 grounding, 2 capacitor.
    Tier 4: All are good: elemental mastery for a bursty build, ancestral for constant damage, Echo is for more heals
    Tier 5: Ancestral guidance: good healing cooldown, other two dont really work for pvp
    Tier 6: All are good: Unleash elements can be used for constant damage as well as a good sort of defensive stance with rockbiter imbune. Elemental blast gives a good bust for your maelstrom, we all know lightning bolt hits for crap. Primal elementalist is best in terms of burst damage. earth elemental aslo has a stun, which is always good

Stats: after hit/expertise cap agility> mastery> haste=crit. Ive seen many top shamans go for crit over haste. Crit give you a more bursty build, haste gives you constant damage and more maelstrom procs.

Strategy in a nutshell:hex, purge,toss totems for support, auto attack, offheal, pop CDs accordingly

Glyph Of Shamanistic Rage: Great definitely worth glyphing if you are versing a high-dot damage cleave in 3s, or a team with frequent magic ccs, like Pally Stun, Mage Stun, etc.

Glyph of Lightning Shield: Must have for Elemental PvP, even after the nerf, it used to grant LS a 10% damage reduction for 60min, now the damage reduction is granted when your LS is triggered via damage, which is pretty much 90% of the time.

Glyph of Purge: Great against comps with frequent buffs. Great for purging Resto hots and Disc shields.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seasawl0l View Post

Glyphs worth mentioning:
    Glyph of sham rage
    Glyph of healing storm
    Glyph of hex
    Glyph of purge
    Glyph of spirit walk

Talents:

The only thing I have to say about this is that for Tier 1: Astral Shift is not worth it since we have Shamanistic Rage. This allows you to choose either Nature's Guardian (for when you have a healer), or Stone Bulwark Totem (for when you don't).

Statistics also comes up to choice though there's technically only two builds and it depends on whether you like playing extremely offensive for burst (mastery > crit > haste) or playing a bit of offense and defense for support (crit > mastery > haste). Unless you have near perfect up-time, I don't recommend haste.

I tend to play crit builds on my Enh/Ret as the crits definitely make a difference when it comes to offense AND defense, and sometimes even beat mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    The only thing I have to say about this is that for Tier 1: Astral Shift is not worth it since we have Shamanistic Rage. This allows you to choose either Nature's Guardian (for when you have a healer), or Stone Bulwark Totem (for when you don't).

Statistics also comes up to choice though there's technically only two builds and it depends on whether you like playing extremely offensive for burst (mastery > crit > haste) or playing a bit of offense and defense for support (crit > mastery > haste). Unless you have near perfect up-time, I don't recommend haste.

I tend to play crit builds on my Enh/Ret as the crits definitely make a difference when it comes to offense AND defense, and sometimes even beat mastery.
    Yea, your right. I rarely go anything but nature's guardian now days; its has the shortest CD and its just less thought process. Stone bulwark is decent as well; I like it in combination with call of elements. I never go astral shift unless I am getting trained hard

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I use SR, LS and MW glyphs. Thinking about changing off the MW for Grunding.
    As for talents, its Stone Bulwark, Frozen Power, Projection, Echo, AG and Elemental Blast.

Currently 2.1k in 3s.

Mastery > Haste > Crit for me, by default i have 30%, which is more than enough.
    For stats Agi above all else.

Personally i belive enhance shaman offers completely retarded gameplay in arena and overall in PvP, very CD dependent, very setup dependent, offers no unique utility (other than killing anyone from 50% in a global), terribly week in between damage CDs, very easy to train target without an escape/oh shit defensive/turn around the match ability.

Hex is very week CC, the only setups that cannot really deal with it are DK + non mage dps + paladin cleeves, every other team has atleast a single druid, mage, shaman in it.
    Capacitator (WITH Projection) is actually a very good 'skill shot', which people heavily undervalue, but has the same issue as every other totem, that its killable.

Also, i think Blizzard is very out of touch with every shaman spec (but especially with the dps ones), they keep taking away our utility and uniqueness and returns nothing for it other than pure burst. Which makes people hate and look down on ele/enha even more. I would love to talk with the few guys that are actually responsible for ele/enha PvP balancing and i would love to see a single Blizzard designer who got 2.5k with enha in MoP and ask him how ***** can they be with designing the class as it is
    Last edited by Darksoldierr; 2014-07-16 at 10:54 AM.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Yo should specify the spec you want notes on, because some people are saying certain talents aren't good and the definitely play enhancement and not resto or ele.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Oh and this thread will be about whatever I please. Don't make me turn this bitch into a Spiderman thread.