Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Damn, I almost want to go to Blizzcon now knowing that Jay isn't going to be there. He's not funny and even his Walken impersonation no longer entertains me at this point. I can distinctly remember 5-6 times during Blizzcon 2009 hearing "Kill yourself, Jay" being shouted during breaks in his idiotic bullshit.
    Well that's just asinine and rude
    Beta club member

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    Well that's just asinine and rude
    I'm not saying it was a nice thing to say only that I remember laughing my ass off when I heard it because other people were thinking the exact same thing I was.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Thank god. I hate Jay Mohr almost as much as I hate Metzen and Orc Jesus...

Good choice not a fan of Jay mohr he always seems like he does not want to be there. Chris Hardwick on the other hand is actually pretty funny seems nice, and what makes me prefer him is he does genuinely want to be there likes games science and science fiction etc. He doesn't fake being a nerd like so many who want to be "nerd" culture stars do these days.

Oh god I can't take this guy. Thank god I can mute him from the live stream. It's bad enough having Metzen's wife pretend she knows what she's talking about
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Hardwick is actually a nerd. And is famous in the community more for the Nerdist stuff he's done less for Talking Dead/@midnight/Singled Out (ya throw back). He actually plays games, been in a D&D group that played for multiple years running (he talked about it on @midnight with Patton Oswalt who was also in the campaign) etc. He went to many conventions as a con-goer before his G4 stuff. The guy is alright, he's mildly funny in his own right, but he knows the scene and does a good job as an interviewer. He will be leaps and bounds better than Jay. Jay has his moments but I'm not really sure he embraced the job all that much until the final year hosting and then it was too late.

Hardwick will be an improvement and should be allowed to host more than just the Costume contest stuff. He would actually ask some good questions, not that Blizzards ego stroke of the year won't produce a bunch of Devs that spend the majority of the time condescending every question asked and looking annoyed. Some of them just shouldn't show up anymore. Most of the big guys were awful last year sans maybe Ian, I'd also pay for Mike Morhaime to not be there and speak. He always looks like his assistant just briefed him on the talking points to his projects for the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Host of @Midnight, the Nerdist podcast, Talking Dead... Young Mr Hardwick's got his nerd cred on. He'll be good.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the NHL Awards taught me anything, it's that Blizzcon should be hosted by Cuba Gooding Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    He looks like a nice guy, looked him up, he's been into a lot of stuff.

We just have to wait to see how he stands at the stage.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    He hosted Singled Out on MTV. lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't he hosting The Talking Dead? Me likey.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of him, but I'll give him a chance on stage at Blizzcon. Always good to mix things up a bit.

I don't think Chris is by any means super hilarious, but I think he's a much better fit than Jay Mohr. Chris is actually nerdy and will make nerdy jokes, where as Jay would make nerds the subject of his jokes.

I knew him from a show a long time ago but someone pointed it out: Singled Out. Classic show. Also Jenny McCarthy <3

Quote Originally Posted by Bobakanushe View Post
    I'll be that one cynical asshole who, unfortunately for all the Hardwick fans, just has to say it: Chris Hardwick is super overrated and I wish he would go away. Everybody seems to love this guy and I'll never understand it. *shrugs* I've never been a Jay Mohr fan either but in this situation, considering how many people are in love with Chris Hardwick, he will probably be a much better choice.
    Hardwick just seems to be a really likeable dude. No matter how hard I try, I can't hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    I think Chris Hardwick is so sexually-unappealing that the thought of him selling himself or his agenda with sex appeal literally baffled me. You wanna hate on the guy, thats fine, call him a pseudo-intellectual or fake geek but he's almost as average as they come and certainly not walking around flashing a 6-pack to make you love video games. Seriously I understand there are varying degrees to how much you can be interested or disinterested in a person but this is so far off the mark I feel like you might be thinking of someone entirely different.
    I think the fact that people in this thread has commented that he is 'cute' is testament enough. Hes styled on point with the 2 day shadow, plaid shirt and tie combo. Hes in this comfortable area where hes not hideous stereotypical geek or super model, enough for the audience to buy into his self stylised pseudo nerd persona. Ok so hes no Jared Padalecki, but in world where women find Ryan Gosling and Matt Smith attractive its not a huge stretch of the imagination.

But thats not really why I dislike him, he cant help it if some TV executives decided to make him the approachable, socially acceptable geek. Its the fact that all I have ever seen him do is prompt other people to say or do something interesting, whilst being incredibly annoying at the same time. So the guy can read a teleprompter and he might of read a couple of comics in his life, credit where its due, but do I think he can hold a crowd of 1000 for 30 mins? No way.
    Last edited by TheTaurenOrc; 2014-07-15 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    So the guy can read a teleprompter and he might of read a couple of comics in his life, credit where its due, but do I think he can hold a crowd of 1000 for 30 mins? No way.
    Like in his standup that he does..... all the time...?

Edit: What would be your ideal host? Some basement troll that swallows between every word? But hey, he knows what the inside of thralls underwear looks like.

Edit, Edit:
    Ok so hes no Jared Padalecki, but in world where women find Ryan Gosling and Matt Smith attractive
    YOU DONT THINK RYAN GOSLING IS ATTRACTIVE?!?!?!? That man is a god.
    Last edited by Pwellzor; 2014-07-15 at 03:55 PM.

Loved his comedy from the first time i heard him on Never Not Funny - This is a great choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    What would be your ideal host? Some basement troll that swallows between every word? But hey, he knows what the inside of thralls underwear looks like.
    Well if Blizzard want to stick with a middle aged white guy then off the top of my head Joel McHale or Neil Patrick Harris both have hosting credentials. I personally found Joel McHale's VGA 2013 hosting hilarious, but that would probably be too dangerous for Blizzard since he would just tear them apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Well if Blizzard want to stick with a middle aged white guy then off the top of my head Joel McHale or Neil Patrick Harris both have hosting credentials. I personally found Joel McHale's VGA 2013 hosting hilarious, but that would probably be too dangerous for Blizzard since he would just tear them apart.
    All credibility lost at this point, friend.

I love McHale; I'm a huge supporter of Community, and I loved his deadpan style on the Soup. With that said, there was nothing redeemable about his VGA phoned in performance. And Blizzard isn't afraid of being roasted, per se, just, no.

NPH is way too big for this kind of thing, as much as I do love him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

He does that celebrity bowling on Youtube. That is the only thing i have seen him in but that is pretty funny. He could be pretty good.