Having a blast in the WoD Beta..

..And I haven't even took one step into any of the xpac content yet.

So a few days ago I got my invite into the beta and am Im currently not a WoW subscriber (stopped playing the current patch in nov. after being bored to tears) nor am I a subscriber or playing any other game currently. I thought, getting an invite this early with a possibility of 3+ months of it ahead I would have more than enough time to do whatever I wanted. And while I like testing and finding bugs and exploring the new areas, I was in the mood to really play a MMO and feel like the character was mine and with all this free game time in the beta, I thought why not do both?

So I rolled a level one toon on the beta and plan to level and test (already found numerous bugs with some the changes involving lower levels) from 1-100. I'm only in 30s but having heaps of fun. I'm being forced to do things I normally took for granted or never had to do. I' started a fresh toon with no money or BoAs of any kind and since the beta AH is basically empty and there isn't a single person around my level nor do any dungeon queues pop at these levels at all I have been multitasking with tradeskills and questing to get the items I need and enjoying the hell out of it.

I usually battleground and instance my way through levels on live but with that option unavailable to me and not having anything on the AH available to me, relying on myself for all my toons needs has been great. And while it gets lonely and I am looking forward to hitting the xpac areas and testing them, this has been a lot of fun. You wouldn't believe how many rare mobs i've come across that I've never even heard of now that there isn't a single person out there to kill them. If you get a chance before its too deep into the beta I highly recommend it. Just remember it is a beta and we are there to test but don't worry there are many issues and bugs I've come across in the old zones and just leveling in general with the character changes and UI changes to report.

One of my favorite things about leveling a "read the quests" toon is the frequent encounter of rares. Like you said, they're just standing around untouched most of the time. If you have NPCscan available you'll almost certainly find at least one per zone while leveling and usually two or more.

WoW's leveling process makes a really good single-player game when you take the time to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by trips25 View Post
    ..And I haven't even took one step into any of the xpac content yet.

So a few days ago I got my invite into the beta and am Im currently not a WoW subscriber (stopped playing the current patch in nov. after being bored to tears) nor am I a subscriber or playing any other game currently. I thought, getting an invite this early with a possibility of 3+ months of it ahead I would have more than enough time to do whatever I wanted. And while I like testing and finding bugs and exploring the new areas, I was in the mood to really play a MMO and feel like the character was mine and with all this free game time in the beta, I thought why not do both?

So I rolled a level one toon on the beta and plan to level and test (already found numerous bugs with some the changes involving lower levels) from 1-100. I'm only in 30s but having heaps of fun. I'm being forced to do things I normally took for granted or never had to do. I' started a fresh toon with no money or BoAs of any kind and since the beta AH is basically empty and there isn't a single person around my level nor do any dungeon queues pop at these levels at all I have been multitasking with tradeskills and questing to get the items I need and enjoying the hell out of it.

I usually battleground and instance my way through levels on live but with that option unavailable to me and not having anything on the AH available to me, relying on myself for all my toons needs has been great. And while it gets lonely and I am looking forward to hitting the xpac areas and testing them, this has been a lot of fun. You wouldn't believe how many rare mobs i've come across that I've never even heard of now that there isn't a single person out there to kill them. If you get a chance before its too deep into the beta I highly recommend it. Just remember it is a beta and we are there to test but don't worry there are many issues and bugs I've come across in the old zones and just leveling in general with the character changes and UI changes to report.
    This is how I've leveled my past 6 characters in the past 8 years of WoW, not sure what relevance it has to do with being during WoD beta or not, or how it being WoD helps make it better for you. Nothing WoD specific of what you mentioned makes this experience better for you, this is stuff you can all do on live.

Saying "having a blast in WoD beta" is like me saying "Having a blast at this party" while sitting on the couch drinking Coca Cola alone, not speaking to anyone nor dancing, then going home.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lawyer View Post
    This is how I've leveled my past 6 characters in the past 8 years of WoW, not sure what relevance it has to do with being during WoD beta or not, or how it being WoD helps make it better for you. Nothing WoD specific of what you mentioned makes this experience better for you, this is stuff you can all do on live.
    You read his post but somehow didn't. His point was "now that I'm deprived of my usual routine options, I find myself doing things the old fashioned way and suddenly it's like a new game to me." Don't have to get all snarky because someone's discovered something you already do.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    You read his post but somehow didn't. His point was "now that I'm deprived of my usual routine options, I find myself doing things the old fashioned way and suddenly it's like a new game to me." Don't have to get all snarky because someone's discovered something you already do.
    Somehow you read my post but didn't. His discovery has nothing to do with WoD beta, the title of this thread has nothing to do with WoD beta, as in, "Draenor" and "Level 90+". This isn't Cataclysm, the old world hasn't been revamped. The stuff he talks about just has nothing to do with WoD beta.

Saying "having a blast in WoD beta" is like me saying "Having a blast at this party" while sitting on the couch drinking Coca Cola alone, not speaking to anyone nor dancing, then going home.
    I guess the difference is you really feel alone in WoD vs live, there is literally no players at all anywhere pre 90. Every zone i've entered I do a quick /who and it's just me. On live there is at least a few levelers around anywhere you go.

And In live I would always give in, I can't help myself using the AH, or giving in doing some instances or battlegrounds. And like the guy posted above you said, WoW really would make an incredible single player game.

Somehow you read my post but didn't. His discovery has nothing to do with WoD beta, the title of this thread has nothing to do with WoD beta, as in, "Draenor" and "Level 90+". This isn't Cataclysm, the old world hasn't been revamped. The stuff he talks about just has nothing to do with WoD beta.
    While it doesn't have to do with the new content, it still doesn't hurt to test it. As I recall someone had posted about being able to solo an old dungeon without any problems, which is something that could use feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyce View Post
    While it doesn't have to do with the new content, it still doesn't hurt to test it. As I recall someone had posted about being able to solo an old dungeon without any problems, which is something that could use feedback.
    True. Plenty to test and feedback on, the entire quest UI has changed and has feedback for all levels to give on. A lot of the hunter pets have different buffs now, like the new multistrike which appears to not be working with one of my pets or maybe youre not suppose to have at lower levels. Either way the buff appears but no buff is given.

Theres always bugs at any level. And it'll be interesting to see how difficult or maybe not difficult the new content is for a character at a leveling ilvl at 90 instead of a pre made boosted 90 or a 90 already in good gear.
    Last edited by trips25; 2014-07-15 at 01:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trips25 View Post
    True. Plenty to test and feedback on, the entire quest UI has changed and has feedback for all levels to give on. A lot of the hunter pets have different buffs now, like the new multistrike which appears to not be working with one of my pets or maybe youre not suppose to have at lower levels. Either way the buff appears but no buff is given.

Theres always bugs at any level. And it'll be interesting to see how difficult or maybe not difficult the new content is for a character at a leveling ilvl at 90 instead of a pre made boosted 90 or a 90 already in good gear.
    Absolutely, I've been in nearly every World of Warcraft Beta and I have to agree that while it's mostly uncommon for people to go back and test the old content it's still something should be done. Especially in this expansion with the item squish in place, though most of the old content still isn't tuned (mainly, in Pandaria).