Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Warlords of Draenor - Darker Nights, Gaze of the Black Prince Returns, Blue Tweets

Depth Diggers Changes Explained, Fetish Counters, Tempest Rush Changes, Paragon Levels on UEE, Play Your Way Thursdays

Naxxramas Not Releasing on July 15th, Heroic Card Back to be Shown Before Naxxramas

Into the Nexus #12, Authentication Maintenance - July 16th

Warlords of Draenor - Darker Nights
    The darker nights that Mumper mentioned recently appeared in a few locations in Beta. Below we have a few examples of day time from beta, nighttime from live, and night time from beta. The video also shows a complete day/night cycle for each location.

Chris Hardwick Hosting Blizzcon 2014 Contests
    Jay Mohr has been hosting the contests at Blizzcon for several years now, but according to him Chris Hardwick will be giving it a shot this year. Hardwick has recently been hosting the Talking Dead and The Nerdist Podcast.

The Gaze of the Black Prince Returns
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Beginning Tuesday, July 15 at 9:00 a.m. PDT, through Tuesday, July 29 at 9:00 a.m. PDT, we’ll be applying the Gaze of the Black Prince buff which will increase the reputation gained with the Black Prince by 100%. It will also increase the chance of obtaining items from his foes needed as a part of the Legendary Cloak quest line including: the Secrets of the Empire, Sigil of Wisdom, Sigil of Power, or Titan Runestone.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Warlords of Draenor Theorycraft Discussion
    It's me or Crackling Jade Lightning in Stance of the Wise Serpent with Jade Serpent Statue don't proc Eminence (Statue) ? Is it intentional?
    Yes, Eminence only works for the Monk in Crane Stance. (Xuen still causes Eminence regardless of the Monk's stance)

1. For stat calculating purposes, how does the Night Elf racial Touch of Elune determine whether its currently night or day?
    Server time.

Possible to get current proc rates/data on the various new weapon enchants?
    They're extremely untuned still. Once we get them at least ballpark tuned, I'll provide that data. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Any chance Combo Points can update a bit faster than they currently do?
    Yes! (Celestalon)

Hunter (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    still looking for Hunter changes. 3 BA's on premade 100 and only 1 single proc of LnL.
    Of course, because you're not Multistrike geared yet. (Celestalon)

Monk (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    Have BrM monks received all the ability pruning they are gonna get...they still seem to have a lot of buttons&redundant skills?
    No more major changes planned there, no. (Celestalon)

Priest (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    Healing beta. Priest. Should I start treating flash heal as greater heal, not flash heal? In usage amounts, comparing early Cata
    Kind of. It's similar in that it's your high-throughput heal. (Celestalon)

Shaman (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    Can multistrike proc Lightning Strike & Eruption too? 1 Lava Beam w/ 2 multistrikes gen 15 charges = 5 eruptions from 1 cast?
    Nope. (Celestalon)
    Shame, could've looked pretty awesome to see a few go off at the same time
    Oh you definitely can see a couple go off at the same time, just on different targets. (Celestalon)
    That's great, it looks very aesthetically pleasing. Was secretly hoping to see it rather frequently
    Get a bunch of Mastery and spam Chain Lightning; it'll be frequent. (Celestalon)

Now that Elemental has no overload will our spell damage be increased to compensate?
    Elemental did not lose Overload; it got merged with Multistrike. (Celestalon)
    But everybody has Multistrike will all classes be balanced around the possibility to "overload"?
    Elemental's Multistrikes are different; much stronger. (Celestalon)
    (But yes, all classes will be balanced around the existence of Multistrike.) (Celestalon)

Earth Shield does not seem to have an internal CD on procs in the WoD beta. Sometimes gone in a couple of GCDs. Intended?
    I believe we're trying it out as such. Much more effective as a heal this way. However, may be too strong, or annoying. (Celestalon)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    Average? It's literally within the bottom 4 overall for 25HM SoO and bottom 3 for 10HM. It's underperforming overall
    Looking at rankings for Demo is entirely deceptive, because most of the top Warlocks are Aff/Destro. (Celestalon)

Any demo buffs? Literally no demos on ladder. Feels bad, man.
    That's a tuning issue. (And to be fair, it's a tuning issue with Aff/Destr, not Demo).We haven't done tuning yet. (Celestalon)
    It is a tuning issue with demo, actually. Demo has little ability to kill and little pressure against other players.
    Oh, apologies, I was talking PvE. (Celestalon)
    So does this mean demo is going to stay same and des/aff is going to be slightly nerfed?
    It should come as no shock to hear that Aff/Destro are overpowered on live. (Celestalon)
    It's HIGHLY underrepresented in medium to top end guilds, that isn't a coincidence
    Demo is underrepresented because the Warlocks up there strongly favor Aff/Destro, not because it's weak (Celestalon)
    lolwut. It's underrepresented because it underperforms compared to Destro/Aff.
    That's... exactly what I just said? (Celestalon)
    You can re-read your last post, if you'd like, to see where you're wrong.
    Yeah, I don't get it. Demo is not UP; Aff/Destro are OP (in PvE). Thus, top guilds' Warlocks are mostly Aff/Destro. (Celestalon)
    While they are OP, Demo is underpowered compared to almost every other single spec in the game. Again, bottom 4 25HM/bottom 3 10
    And again, those rankings are useless. (Celestalon)

Art
    Can taurens get around 2 feet back? watching beta streams I noticed they lost a lot of height. They should look taller imo.
    That's strange man - we matched skeletons one to one on all new PC's. It might be illusion w/ movement. We'll take a look (artofcgrobinson)

Any chance of the old models of shaman totens being updated to match the new char models? great work on those models btw
    I'd love to, it's on my radar. Totems are so cool, we could do a lot with updating them. No ETA, but I agree they need it (artofcgrobinson)

Will we possibly see white skin color for Worgen in WoD? It's becoming a bit depressing being black, grey, grey or grey.
    its now on the list. This would be something we might add after PC update. (artofcgrobinson)

Will there be new faces added for each race or even the accessories you were looking into, like panda highlights?
    Not at this stage. This is only an update of existing options in game. Would like to do so at some point, no eta (artofcgrobinson)

Please tell me female draenei are getting longer tails that have animation. I'm so tired of of sausage tail!
    This would be something we might add in the future after we update existing features. (artofcgrobinson)

loving chars in beta, playing the chars is better then seeing in artcrafts, sad feather option for tauren horns is gone.
    We might bring the feather back (artofcgrobinson)

Knowing that nothing is yet final, are there any plans for an brighter orange dwarf hair color like the old one?
    Been thinking about that, I agree we missed the value on that color. I'll look into it (artofcgrobinson)

Thank you for taking a second look. We just want some feeling of diversity in the faces.
    I hear ya, that's definitely our desire and goal at this stage. (artofcgrobinson)

Is the new human female model definitive or is it subject to change? Can't see my old char reflected http://t.co/ycgWabMIef
    Definitely subject to change, we're now fine tuning each face, altering base pose to more closely match original structure/emotion (artofcgrobinson)
    in this case we will be adjusting eyebrows, as well as looking at eye color, lip color, mouth shape, etc. (artofcgrobinson)
    This is all part of our plan to address "same face". I had hoped to get out an Artcraft for this but tendon in finger detached - (artofcgrobinson)

What about the undead empty eye socket faces? Any chance we'll get those back?
    When we're finished - you should have everything you started with. We don't want to cut/lose any features. (artofcgrobinson)

Male or female trolls next maybe? Pretty please? I think it's high time they've gotten an artcraft or at least*some* reveal
    They'll be coming up soon. Had to model mouth in flat line, then use animation posing to form lips around tusks. Showing them (artofcgrobinson)
    without that posing would have been disastrous. Hence the wait They look great now - we'll get something out asap (artofcgrobinson)

PvE
    Chance we could have Beta Shatt Target Dummies on Live servers? Maybe a special room that is phased? Able to learn a lot there
    It's something we're considering, but we'd want to kit them up a lot more. (Celestalon)

PvP
    will lower level skirmishes give XP? Would be a nice change from questing/dungeon leveling. Maybe like as much XP as a quest?
    We're planning on granting some XP from skirmishes. (holinka)

Will Ashran have solid trees, for LoS cover?
    Trees have never had LoS in WoW for technical reasons. We're avoiding putting them in contested gameplay spaces. (holinka)

Are there any plans to bring back mana burns/drains? From what I see, a lot of healers not getting punished for standing in los.
    There are no plans to bring back mana burns/drains. (holinka)

UI / Addons
    will the limit of 50 mails be raised with wod?
    No plans to change that - you can have far more than 50, but only 50 get displayed at once. (WatcherDev)

Garrisons
    How big will our garrisons grow eventually? Won't fit all of the buildings, I fear? Pick & choose the best ones? Can we rebuild?
    Pretty large, but not large enough to have everything. You can bulldoze and change buildings as much as you want, though! (Muffinus)

I thought there were 4 small plots has that changed now to 3? Also is the current design of requiring Alch to progress just for beta
    On plots, current plan is 3 smalls at Tier 3 now. (mumper)
    So the fourth small is scrapped?
    No tier 4, the Garrison upgrades from 1 to 3. Lots of iteration still in progress, hence "current plan" (mumper)

how many large plots at the max teir and is that barracks, alchemy lab, town hall teir considered tier 1 for garisons?
    Tier 1 currently has a small and a large plot for buildings. (mumper)

No previously made statements imply that having a gathering prof improves the overall yield from your mine/garden/barn.
    Both the Mine and Herb Garden will let folks without the matching gathering skill create work orders for mats. (mumper)
    Having the matching gathering skill will let you harvest the local garrison nodes in the mine/garden. (mumper)
    so will we get enough mats out of our garrison & should drop gathering or it will must supplement miserable ground based gathering
    Will still be valuable to have gathering skills, don't want to lose that. (mumper)

World
    Is the return of darker night going into places like Elwynn Forest etc as well?
    The plan is to get it in as many places as possible. (mumper)

Warlords of Draenor - Like Father, Like Son
    Garrosh and Grommash meet up in Draenor and have some fun in this video.

Last edited by chaud; 2014-07-15 at 07:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    a proper night time, amazing!

I like, I like!

darker nights are amazing. I hope they increase the light from the windows and lamps during night however.

I'm sad that Jay Mohr doesn't host this years events. was one of the reasons I watched it via stream.

Deleted
    The Sun, the Moon, They both Rise and set in the same place! What magic is this ?
    The planet only half spins on its axis.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Drunk Jay Mohr > Whoever the hell this guy is.

The darker nights as great, finally feels like real night rather then a cloudy day !

Q: can u add/fix this!? A: maybe one day on the list.... That is the answer they give for everything now.

Woot! Chris Hardwick!

Deleted
    It'd be nice if lamps would produce bit more light during night. Oh, and campfires too. The little things, the little things.

That nighttime looks amazing!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    Q: can u add/fix this!? A: maybe one day on the list.... That is the answer they give for everything now.
    I think they pretty much have too be as vague as much as possible these days.. For if they say one thing about what they would like to do with the game there will always be someone in the community who will QQ about how they promised something that was never really promised in the first place..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2014-07-15 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    Well, they can't say yes to everything and there is every possibility that they might do it eventually...

No Jay Mohr? oh god, i wish I could go this year just to see how much better the contests will be.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    Well, they can't say yes to everything and there is every possibility that they might do it eventually...
    Yeah better to say a little as possible in case a feature they were hoping to put in didn't work out how they wanted it to be..

I like darker nights for RP players it's nice

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the graphic will be looking as good as this trailer shows it
    why does the moon and sun rise and fall in same spot?! if it rises in one place it should in the oposite spot...no?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Darker Nights looks so much better, but there's still the issue of the daytime shadows still being there...Hopefully they fix those Lightboxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chris Hardwick is a good choice. Just after seeing the new Weird Al vid (tacky), I have faith in The Nerdist. However, Jay is amazing and that will be very hard to top!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    I hope the graphic will be looking as good as this trailer shows it
    why does the moon and sun rise and fall in same spot?! if it rises in one place it should in the oposite spot...no?
    Only thing that I can think of is that Azeroth has an unusual property where it rotates half way, then stops, then rotates back!