Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    why people so excited about darker night? you wont be able to see anything
    Because having "night" be "daytime but with stars in the sky" is stupid, and the art team should've been embarassed by it. I fully understand that realistic nighttime is out of the question in an MMO (at least one where day/night goes by real time), barring some sort of gameplay element to let you see. But it should at least look darker at night than during the day. Vanilla WOW was fine with its day/night cycle. I actually quit playing until the darker nights were announced, because the way it is now absolutely *destroys* immersion.

The only way realistic nights could happen in an MMO is if the day/night cycle wasn't the same every day (like ESO, where you get 2.5 hours of day, then 2.5 hours of night), AND there were gameplay elements to let you see at night. I don't think anyone is asking for realistic night. But night should at least look *somewhat* like nighttime.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but watching that "Like Father, Like Son" video made me lose a couple brain cells.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

OMG!! Nights like they used to be!!!, I'll buy the expansion JUST for this!!

Nice relaxing roaming, in the dark, after a hard day at work!! Can't wait!

Happy Happy Happy!!!

LOVING the darker nights! So much more athmospheric, and in the right places, creepy

Still no Dance Studio

Got a Beta invite today! I wonder if there is a new beta invite wave going on.

Yup, some others confirmed it. There was a beta invite wave that went out.
    Last edited by Bahamutx; 2014-07-15 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noblez17 View Post
    Then play on an opposite coast server.....

- - - Updated - - -

I wish - the day/time timeframe was every 2 hours or something....instead of based off a 24 hour timeframe.
    Oh GOD no...I HATE that system, it's in GW2 (not sure about exact time tho) and it makes me feel like I'm playing a single-player RPG. If they could make it optional it'd be fine by me, but if not I prefer the world to actually feel like a world with proper time cycle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I can't imagine anyone was clamoring for darker nights. I'd rather the game have permanent daytime if anything. I work during the day; being forced to play in the dark is terrible.
    Lol...it's been a recurring and very popular request for AGES, so you being unable to imagine it doesn't change a thing.

Even if I couldn't play during daytime, I prefer nighttime to not just be daytime with a different skybox. Makes it feel more real, and so does having a proper day and night cycle. ^^

Nice!

Next step should be having the dark nights on seasonal like it is in certain places on earth. In northern norway its dark for months :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Im loving the darker nights so much, finally that atmosphere is back. Only thing now is house windows and lamps and stuff should emit light in the dark

I enjoyed the video. Made me cackle.

I'm surprised that Blizzard hasn't responded to the number one question, "Where the hell are the Troll redesigns!?"

Yes let's do BC races before one of the races since vanilla WoW whom desperately needs a redesign

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    So only retards plays the same content for 6 months+ aye? I have lots of left to do in MoP because I play casual and have alts, not exactly the same as being a retard. What if I called you a most likely unemployed, uncreative loser for burning out the game by playing 24/7 and instead of doing something else when you're done, you come in here to complain? That would be rather unfair, don't you think?
    Honestly, whether you play casual or not if you've been playing this patch since it was launched and you haven't done all the content I don't even know what to say. You can seriously play 2 hours a week and still be done with all this patch content with how long its been out.

So, what you said is actually kind of retarded.

Deleted
    i would really like to see Stormwind / Orgrimmar go dark, but with candles/lights/lamps making the cities stay bright enough for us to stay there and maybe put up a bonefire or something! we need this we need more reality / RPG back in the game!!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I'm sorry, but watching that "Like Father, Like Son" video made me lose a couple brain cells.
    thats the dumpest video i ever seen....really? making grom and garrosh look like fools?!

Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Honestly, whether you play casual or not if you've been playing this patch since it was launched and you haven't done all the content I don't even know what to say. You can seriously play 2 hours a week and still be done with all this patch content with how long its been out.

So, what you said is actually kind of retarded.
    So you think anyone can clear SoO on HC by playing 2 hours a week. No guild would even consider putting you in their raid rooster.
    And lets not forget PVP, CMs, achievements, transmog runs, mounts, raiding on multiples roles of your chars, timeless isle, reputation etc.
    times the number of characters you play on.

So I call bullshit on your whole post, really..

Even so, there are thousand other games out there for you, so anyone in the western world should be able to entertain themselves for a lifetime without updates. I really can't understand the fuss. I actually hope that 6.0 is still far away, so I can get my CM gear done before it's too late.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by noblez17 View Post
    Then play on an opposite coast server.....

- - - Updated - - -

I wish - the day/time timeframe was every 2 hours or something....instead of based off a 24 hour timeframe.
    There is no reason to post such an off-handed dismissive patronizing response. If you gave it even a moment's thought, you would realize that switching servers is a horrible option. In addition to the very considerable expense of moving 10 alts, you can only transfer a set amount of gold, you lose your friends and ignore lists, your quest logs are all reset, you may have to change a char name, you no longer are in your guild, and last but not least you would then likely have to raid and play with new friends at what would turn out to be starting at 10 or 11 PM your time, pushing you into the wee hours of the morning, not good if you have a job where they expect you to show up at 7 or 8 somewhat alert and ready for work.