Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post

Since with more room mates the amount for an equal share is reduced. There's 6 of you there, since you said 5 + yourself. Just divide it up into 2 month chunks and divide it by however many people were there at the time.
    I worded this very poorly. I apologize

Basically this is the situation

House has 4 rooms

3 of those rooms have been occupied for 6 months
    1 of those rooms has been occupied once for 4 months and once for 2 months.

At no point in time did the house have more than 4 tenants.

So as the others said, I have 3x 432€; 1x 288€ and 1x 144€

Then ok, yeah, the whole thing is worded badly Cuz it is much simpler that way!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Then ok, yeah, the whole thing is worded badly
    Sorry my head is spinning so badly after receiving this bill, especially because I have no idea if I can get hold of the other tenants... whole situation is fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's quite simple actually:

Split the bill in 4. The people living there for the entire time pay 25% of the bill each.

25% of the bill has to be paid by 2 people, one who was there for 4 months, one who was there for 2.

25% of the bill is € 432,14

The person living there for 2 months pays € 144,05, the other person who was there for 4 months pays € 288,09

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Sorry my head is spinning so badly after receiving this bill, especially because I have no idea if I can get hold of the other tenants... whole situation is fucked.
    I wish my electrical bill was only that much after 6 months

This is why its usually a good idea to build utilities into the monthly rent. That way you're never scrambling to collect from people. Tip for the future!

10+ Year Old Account
    If i were you i would ask them for more money that they own. Expect that some people would refuse to pay.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Since with more room mates the amount for an equal share is reduced.
    Getting into the sort of nitty gritty I'm about to can be more stress than its worth but while you say equal share is reduced - this is an electricity bill, the chances are (in your scenario which we've already cleared up was a result of fuzzy descriptions) that more electricity is being used...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Getting into the sort of nitty gritty I'm about to can be more stress than its worth but while you say equal share is reduced - this is an electricity bill, the chances are (in your scenario which we've already cleared up was a result of fuzzy descriptions) that more electricity is being used...
    That's true too. Luckily now its all been cleared up, we don't need to worry about that lol. Otherwise we'd need things like the kWh on a month to month basis!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    It's quite simple actually:

Split the bill in 4. The people living there for the entire time pay 25% of the bill each.

25% of the bill has to be paid by 2 people, one who was there for 4 months, one who was there for 2.

25% of the bill is € 432,14

The person living there for 2 months pays € 144,05, the other person who was there for 4 months pays € 288,09
    This would make the most sense in that situation. (Which interestingly enough, lines up with the person-month approach anyways).

It does end up with 0,01 euro too much though, if that matters

That is an absurd way to pay bills or have them split up. Not being able to show somebody on paper what they really owe would be the grounds for them to not pay. Moving forward I would get away from this idiotic payment plan or find a way to track it month to month with invoices so you avoid this.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish my electrical bill was only that much after 6 months

This is why its usually a good idea to build utilities into the monthly rent. That way you're never scrambling to collect from people. Tip for the future!
    Go solar my bill is $20 a month and that is for the fees/taxes you can't avoid from the power company. Then another $100 to the solar company. In the meanwhile The power company owes me about $3000 dollars and climbing for power I have sold them, sadly they pay that at the end of the year though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

hmm...

im not sure what u guys calculated is correct, 72/month/person is based on 4 attendants each month, while at some point only 3 attendants were active during a few months, during those months those 3 dont use the same amount of electricity as 4 attendants

Edit:
    wait a sec did i missread?
    1x2month and 1x4month was during those 6 months? never exceeding 4 ppl but also never below 4 ppl?
    Last edited by Demontjuh; 2014-07-15 at 05:59 PM.
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Go solar my bill is $20 a month and that is for the fees/taxes you can't avoid from the power company. Then another $100 to the solar company. In the meanwhile The power company owes me about $3000 dollars and climbing for power I have sold them, sadly they pay that at the end of the year though.
    Been thinking about it, I do have the ideal roof for it. Was also thinking small wind turbine too, since it gets kind of windy up here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    hmm...

im not sure what u guys calculated is correct, 72/month/person is based on 4 attendants each month, while at some point only 3 attendants were active during a few months, during those months those 3 dont use the same amount of electricity as 4 attendants
    All 4 rooms were occupied for all 6 months though.

From #21
    House has 4 rooms

Quote Originally Posted by abracmike View Post
    All 4 rooms were occupied for all 6 months though.

From #21
    House has 4 rooms

ye just read it i haz said nothing >.> 'la la la la'
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    ye just read it i haz said nothing >.> 'la la la la'
    Something something earwax something something ra ra ra, er... what?

I jest, I jest =)

15+ Year Old Account
    What kind of cannabis farm are you growing there with that high electricity bill? How much was the total bill for 6 months, if that 1700 euros was just extra?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    It's rather simple.

A total of 24 months.
    Divide the bill by 24 months
    Multiply the price per month with the amount of months lived.

# of months: 24
    price per month: 72,02291667

6 months = 432,1375
    4 months = 288,0916667
    2 months = 144,0458333

Guess you should have tried to pass basic calculus in high school if you have to ask for this here.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    total of 24 person-months
    1728.55 = 72.02 per person-month

So

432.14 for each of the 6-monthers (6 person-months each)=1296.42
    288.08 for the 4-monther
    144.04 for the 2-monther

Total 1728.54

Play rock-paper-scissors to decide who provides the extra eurocent.
    Yep, this is how I would have done it. Well played.

It's just like fractions when you have to come up with a common denominator to add them together. I always laugh when math helps in real life, because all you heard in high school math was "man, I'll never need to use this."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Split in to 24 portions and allocate appropriately.
    I thought you had to be 18 to join this site..
    If only we could filter out the 18+ jerks, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    That is an absurd way to pay bills or have them split up. Not being able to show somebody on paper what they really owe would be the grounds for them to not pay. Moving forward I would get away from this idiotic payment plan or find a way to track it month to month with invoices so you avoid this.
    I have the bill which I have presented them already. It's just that everything went over my name. I hate the system we are forced to use here... everything must always be on one name. You can't place four different people as clients when making gas/electricity contracts....