Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Comcast strikes again.

This poor bastard tried to cancel his service and the rep is unwilling to do so for over 10 minutes. https://soundcloud.com/ryan-block-10/comcastic-service

It is this sort of thing that repeatedly has Comcast's customer service voted as one of the worst in the country.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    When something better finally hits my area I'm just going to cancel my debit card and get a new one. I'd love to see them send me to collections.

By the way, can you not cancel online?

thats why in our country we have free site that help with that.

we pick the provider we want to cancel and they send the providers a legal document that force them to cancel it without bullshitting me on the phone.

every country should adapt that.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

We are cancelling our comcast service. We'll probably take all the junk to the actual service center and throw it in their stupid faces and say "SMELL YA LATER" - their prices are ridiculous, and it should NOT cost over 80 dollars for merely 25 Mbps internet service.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I work for a marketing agency in their film department. We also do e-learning. This tells me that they need some better training for their customer service reps. I'm surprised the guy from comcast doesn't have a Louisiana/Mississippi accent.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    We are cancelling our comcast service. We'll probably take all the junk to the actual service center and throw it in their stupid faces and say "SMELL YA LATER" - their prices are ridiculous, and it should NOT cost over 80 dollars for merely 25 Mbps internet service.
    The rep actually laughed at us when we canceled.

Ironically FedEx lost the modem back en route.

Deleted
    Hint; If you want to get rid of the rep fast - tell them you're moving out of the country and you won't need the service any more.

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    When something better finally hits my area I'm just going to cancel my debit card and get a new one. I'd love to see them send me to collections.

Most cable and phone providers don't make it convenient to cancel anything. It took me 3 months to cancel my Verizon cell phone service, all of which had to be done over the phone with a representative on the other side of the planet.

I go through Time Warner...sadly that's been bought out by comcast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Most cable and phone providers don't make it convenient to cancel anything. It took me 3 months to cancel my Verizon cell phone service, all of which had to be done over the phone with a representative on the other side of the planet.
    Is that like...legal? If Comcast pulls that OP stuff on me though I'm going to my bank.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

That's actually probably way easier because the bank doesn't nearly broadside you with bullshit as much trying to get a new debit card.

Check out this NPR article about it: http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechcons...nternet-rounds
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Is that like...legal? If Comcast pulls that OP stuff on me though I'm going to my bank.
    So much stuff places like that do is right on the hairy edge of legality. I recently cancelled my cable service and the lady was as nice as could be...didn't give me a single problem. I boxed all my shit up, sent it in, and washed my hands of the situation.

The next month they tried to charge us for an upgraded cable package! No, fuck that. I told me wife we aren't paying and she called them and tore them a knew one. Come to find out the lady I talked to to cancel it "forgot" to put the cancellation order in our account. It's sleazy, sure, but it's really surprising what kind of stuff people will just take. "Ugh I just don't want to call them again...I'll just pay this one more month." A lot of people don't stand up for themselves and get fleeced for it.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I go through Time Warner...sadly that's been bought out by comcast
    This hasn't happened yet that I know of. Hopefully it won't. I like time warner and road runner. I don't want to be a comcast customer.

The guy who called them is an idiot. Just make up bullshit answers and get on with your life.

"I'm moving to Russia."

Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    So much stuff places like that do is right on the hairy edge of legality. I recently cancelled my cable service and the lady was as nice as could be...didn't give me a single problem. I boxed all my shit up, sent it in, and washed my hands of the situation.
    Yikes. These horror stories make me glad that I am not subscribed to many things.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Lol, bitching about $80 for 25Mbps down! Come live by me and pay $70 a month for 3Mbps down and somewhat shitty service.

Internet prices in the US are ridiculous. Why we can't just spend a few billion dollars making a nation wide fiber and WiMAX network that doesn't cost anything to access I'll never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    This hasn't happened yet that I know of. Hopefully it won't. I like time warner and road runner. I don't want to be a comcast customer.
    Ya its happen and it became official a few months back.

Both Timer warner and Road Runner are owned by comcast now and have been for like 3 or 4 months if not longer.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Internet prices in the US are ridiculous. Why we can't just spend a few billion dollars making a nation wide fiber and WiMAX network that doesn't cost anything to access I'll never know.
    Because the companies don't want to. We've already paid Comcast billions of dollars to build more fiber infrastructure. What did they do? Lobby until legislation was passed to give them MORE money to lay fiber. And then they didn't lay the fiber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Because the companies don't want to. We've already paid Comcast billions of dollars to build more fiber infrastructure. What did they do? Lobby until legislation was passed to give them MORE money to lay fiber. And then they didn't lay the fiber.
    How cable companies aren't considered monopolies, is beyond me. Too much B.S.