Middle east discussions

Over the past month there have been about 8 threads made on the general off topic forum, 7 of them were locked. Can't we have an israeli-palestinian conflict mega thread that can discuss about everything regarding the conflict, including history,politics warfare and recent events without having to fear it will be locked down or someone gets an infraction for it? Now, I PMed one mod about it, but it seems like there are more than mods that I want to address this topic with so I put it here.
    Anyone have any thoughts concerning this? Do you agree with me? Disagree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mega threads are mainly for combining multiple good threads together into one consolidated place.

However, the reason the threads on this issue get closed are because they go off the rails and become awful. Consolidating them into a mega thread does not prevent this from happening, and it's unlikely a mega thread would be able to stay open either under those conditions.

I realise it is a volatile topic but people have to learn to discuss things with civility despite their passions. As long as people continue to say horrible things to each other and about their opponents, constructive discussion simply cannot take place.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Every single thread on that subject has devolved within like 1-2 pages into the worst type of threads you see, people randomly bashing the other side and insulting/nation bashing over and over again. Pretty much why there is no point having a mega thread on it, as it would just turn into the same result, and would be like a graveyard of banned people within days because of how they cannot be civil (As Tziva said)
    You're a towel.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rotective+edge
    What was wrong in this thread? one guy gets to ruin everyone's discussion? We had a nice talk there, no reason to lock that one.
    " origins/justifications/lack thereof of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict"
    I did name the thread with the "Israeli-Palestinian conflict" in mind to discuss about, going for origins, and justifications. That's all there is to talk about except updating new stuff that's happening. Most of the participants in many threads I have seen this past month were civil and I suppose enjoyed debating as much as I did. This lock comes in par with several other threads that were locked on the same mantra of "if you talk about history then you're offtopic" , we can't ignore history in those threads.

More examples:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ghlight=israel
    And I'll just say one more thing, those who talk civilly will continue to do so in other threads, those who bash and troll will also do that in other threads and so goes the opposite. We all want the trolls and bashers to be out of any discussion anyway and they are a minority.
    Last edited by Barendon; 2014-07-15 at 11:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    because as has been shown multiple times it cant go past page 5 without the thread constantly getting derailed into a discussion of one of these things:
    a. how the israelis are evil and want to conquer the world.
    b. how hamas is evil and wants to exterminate israel
    c. religion
    d. the thread being godwined
    e. atrocity comparision's and which side is worse.
    f. being trolled to death.
    g.finger pointing at the other regional powers.
    the current is already starting to turn south what makes you think a megathread about it would do any better?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.