fury opener on bosses?

what do you top fury warriors do in your opener? On my warrior I've been heroic leaping in and before I land I just press my all CD's macro and BT CS and dump everything into it possible

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. If you dont use Leap for movement purposes save it for the CS window. Leap is off gcd and provides a small boost in damage. Charge. It gives you initial rage. Pop a pot beforehead, use command/battleshout beforehead. After the first stack of RB proceed with the usuall rotation circling around CS. Pop Banner with Recklessness after the CS but before the first attack within the CS window.

"dump everything into it possible" also sounds like you are not too sure how to handle a CS window. You should consult the Sticky
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

If you're not going to use HL during CS, at least Charge+Leap (in that order) for damage and rage at the start.

I wish they'd remove the damage component of HL, it should be pure utility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Or better yet, remove it's minimum rage thing so you can basically jump up and down in the same spot (sorta like Barbarians Leap or a Ground Stomp but with both feet).

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    If you're not going to use HL during CS, at least Charge+Leap (in that order) for damage and rage at the start.
    Do this ^

Also, only start your CS cycle if your trinkets proc, if they, for some reason, don't proc right at the start you'll be better off delaying your CS cycle until they do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Or better yet, remove it's minimum rage thing so you can basically jump up and down in the same spot (sorta like Barbarians Leap or a Ground Stomp but with both feet).

Do this ^

Also, only start your CS cycle if your trinkets proc, if they, for some reason, don't proc right at the start you'll be better off delaying your CS cycle until they do.
    They should proc after a few seconds although you should definatly make sure you get SB in CS with both trinkets up

Pre Pull = Pot + Battle Shout

Pull = Charge > Bloodthirst > Cooldowns* > Colossus Smash > Heroic Leap - Heroic Strike** > Storm Bolt > Heroic Strike** > Raging Blow > Heroic Strike** > Raging Blow > Heroic Strike** > Berserker Rage > Raging Blow > Heroic Strike**

*Cooldowns = Blood Fury, Recklessness, Springs, and Crit Banner (if it's your time in the raids rotation)
    **Off the GCD.

That's usually what I end up doing. Sometimes every GCD doesn't get a Heroic Strike if I'm not using the Bull Rush Glyph or have latency issues. You get the point though.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptzor View Post
    Pre Pull = Pot + Battle Shout

Pull = Charge > Bloodthirst > Cooldowns* > Colossus Smash > Heroic Leap - Heroic Strike** > Storm Bolt > Heroic Strike** > Raging Blow > Heroic Strike** > Raging Blow > Heroic Strike** > Berserker Rage > Raging Blow > Heroic Strike**

*Cooldowns = Blood Fury, Recklessness, Springs, and Crit Banner (if it's your time in the raids rotation)
    **Off the GCD.

That's usually what I end up doing. Sometimes every GCD doesn't get a Heroic Strike if I'm not using the Bull Rush Glyph or have latency issues. You get the point though.
    Shouldn't use Berserker Rage just to avoid BT. If you try doing it that way you're screwed the second BT doesn't crit. It's purely a "just in case BT doesn't crit and enrage is going to fall off" ability.

After CS it should be RB+HS > BT+HS > SB+HS > RB+HS and fit a HL in there with it if you can spare it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Shouldn't use Berserker Rage just to avoid BT. If you try doing it that way you're screwed the second BT doesn't crit. It's purely a "just in case BT doesn't crit and enrage is going to fall off" ability.

After CS it should be RB+HS > BT+HS > SB+HS > RB+HS and fit a HL in there with it if you can spare it.
    You're joking right?? BzR is used to slot in a 3rd raging blow in the CS cycle alongside the standard 2 RBs and SB for maximum throughput. If you're not using it during CS to maximise RBs and slot in that 3rd you're doing it wrong since 2/3 CS should never have a BT used if set-up properly for those that BzR is up for.

There is another thread for this with a detailed explanation on how to properly manage your opener. This picture provides an accurate description of how you'd want to open on the boss, with the exception of heroic leap which would be used somewhere in CS. Click the picture for a link to the thread.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greil View Post
    You're joking right?? BzR is used to slot in a 3rd raging blow in the CS cycle alongside the standard 2 RBs and SB for maximum throughput. If you're not using it during CS to maximise RBs and slot in that 3rd you're doing it wrong since 2/3 CS should never have a BT used if set-up properly for those that BzR is up for.
    And you'd be wrong sir. Sure, at crit cap this may be viable, but until then the second you miss a BT after that CS falls off you're stuck without Enrage until you can wait for the CD and hope for a crit on the next one. Depending on your gear level you may even be a decent risk to miss again. All that lost damage from not having the enrage buff will highly outweigh the extra RB over the use of BT.

The picture Derp posted described it perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    No way. The damage makes it useful for other roles than dps. It's handy snap aggro used properly on add packs.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    No way. The damage makes it useful for other roles than dps. It's handy snap aggro used properly on add packs.
    Agreed. It's all about knowing the proper ways to use it on a given fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Agreed. It's all about knowing the proper ways to use it on a given fight.
    Just let it do damage for tanks then.