15+ Year Old Account

Having some issues with my new Rogue

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lfate/advanced

I know, I know, his gear is atrocious, that's not what this is about. I know that the DPS will increase as I get out of timeless and boosted gear. (Currently have 2 green items from 90 boost)

My issue is so many different things I'm hearing about which spec is the best DPS spec for raiding/5 mans. I hear a group of rogues say Combat is the best. I then hear Assass is the preferred spec.

And my problem? I hate both! I love sub. It's very fun. But apparently it's doomed to failure in raiding? That stinks, because of all the specs to choose from I really love Sub.

My actual question is this: I have gotten 2 SoO weapons since I hit 90 (2 days ago); which spec should I go for optimal DPS? I got a fist weapon and a dagger. So 1 fast, 1 slow.

Subs okay, single target only though, you'll have a hard time keeping up soon as adds are involved. It also didn't scale as well as other specs so once you reach the 540's you'd probably want to respec.

Last I heard combat was the way to go, see lots of combat rogues in higher ilevel gear. My alt rogue is combat and doing quite fine but both Assass and combat are pretty close, i'd say it comes down to personal preference unless minmaxing is your thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Min/maxing is my thing, but only for my main and 2 other alts, this is my 8th 90, so I'm not really concerned about that. I just like having fun. And I hate combat.

Sub feels so much faster, and combat doesn't get combo points for others crits, which sucks. I feel resource starved the entire time I play Combat. But as sub, I feel as if I can almost spam backstab and evis no problem.

Sub is fine. At ilevel 530-540 I could do more single target raid dps with it than assassination or combat.

Once your get to ilevel 550 or so combat takes off, but its boring.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sub is best with 2 daggers correct? Just like Assass?

yes, don't think having a different speed in one hand has been a thing since BC. I pref sub too but there's a huge difference on some fights as the ilevel rises past 545-ish so I decided to go combat.
    Last edited by Asphyxiate9; 2014-07-16 at 06:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So as it goes, sub and assass are always daggers and combat is 2 slow weapons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing combat for as long as I can remember. And I dont play any other spec or know anything about them. I did find dps pretty low until I got to around 540 and then got some flex weapons and then it shot up a lot.

My rogue is 560 but I seriously play only it like 3 hours a week to cap valor and do ordos/celestials/kt/onyxia. I sit around 200k+ dps I think depending on boss/trash etc.

With the SoO trinket that reduces cooldown times of cooldowns. Killing spree seriously overpowered and when you smash the other 2 cooldowns you get a shit tone of combat points and you spam finishing moves every 2 seconds (literally)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    So as it goes, sub and assass are always daggers and combat is 2 slow weapons?
    all weapon speeds are now the same. The only difference specs make is assassination that requires two daggers for mutilate.

15+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean all weapon speeds are the same? Swords/Maces/Axes and Fist weapons are 2.60, and daggers are 1.80.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Min/maxing is my thing, but only for my main and 2 other alts, this is my 8th 90, so I'm not really concerned about that. I just like having fun. And I hate combat.
    THen just don't play combat. If you don't care about performance, noone else will, in most situations.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

15+ Year Old Account
    Well my issue escalated; I got ANOTHER slow weapon in LFR last night. So now I have 2 combat weapons, and only 1 dagger. It makes me so irritated because now I'm stuck playing this awful spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    well yes that's what I mean. There is no need to go looking for slow main hands and quick off hands.

If you really want to play assassination run some bgs or lfg dungeons and get some honor for 522 weps.

I am surprised you dislike combat. Its the only spec that I like lol

15+ Year Old Account
    It is so damned slow. I feel energy starved almost 100% of the time, and it takes forever to build combo points. As sub i almost spam backstab and keeping up snd and finishers is so fast bc i get combo points when others crit. Its a much faster gameplay. As combat i feel like a fury warrior with 1 button to press.

Haste will fix it.
    Seriously. Reforge to haste. Then reforge again, for more haste. Combat does not love haste, it has an obsessive abusive relationship with haste.

But i can't imagine how to spam backstab.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose