Thread: Ret and 2v2s

Ret and 2v2s

Hey all,

I've been lurking around this forums enough to know you all think rets are broken and 2v2s are useless as a way of pvp.

I'm not a pro by any means, you might be right, I don't know.

What I do know is I only play casually with my brother, so all we do is 2v2, and we have a lot of fun. We run arms / ret, rating is pretty low (1200 or so) but it goes according to our gear and the time we've put into the game.

My question is: if we were to pvp a bit more and got our rating up, is the comp viable? for 2v2 at least? or should I switch to the shammy I auto lvled to 90? I feel like 2v2 is the exception to all rules, so maybe ret can work there?

Thanks for your input.

Rhae

You can get up to 1700 in 2v2 with pretty much anything, short two healers. Yes, including arms / ret (although if I were you, I'd change arms to a hunter, and if I were arms, I'd change you to something else as well, lots of choices).

Deleted
    Rsham/warr can go a lot further than ret/warr but honestly it just depends on what your expectations are, if youre just playing to mess around and have fun than play double dps. If you wanna focus on pushing rating and playing a little more serious or plan to move into 3v3 with a hunter then resto shaman warr would be miles better in current meta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    Rsham/warr can go a lot further than ret/warr but honestly it just depends on what your expectations are, if youre just playing to mess around and have fun than play double dps. If you wanna focus on pushing rating and playing a little more serious or plan to move into 3v3 with a hunter then resto shaman warr would be miles better in current meta.
    You can reach around 1800 to 1900, with not too much trouble. Beyond that is a struggle for Ret Paladins, more than what most classes will experience.

Currently the highest rated Ret pala in Eu Is 2.3K, which is impressive right? Well when you consider that the highest rated player overall is 2.7k and the highest rated Ret paladin is in position 332 in the ladder, it shows Ret paladins are lacking competitively.
    Last edited by mmoc3728ee3fab; 2014-07-16 at 07:43 PM.