Thread: Hard Boomerang

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hard Boomerang

Hey all, jumping ship from Wildstar and to be honest I couldn't be more happy.

It was a hard sell at first for me to get back into the game(I only played it at release and a couple of months thereafter) but I finally got hooked on PvP and sort of found my class. Fortunately, it was the one I originally started with so my Lvl. 80 Thief. Had to go through several other classes to finally come back full circle. :P

Getting into PvP was a nightmare originally as this has to be the most brutal game for a newcomer to become adjusted to. There are literally combos where they CC you and then lead into basically an insta-kill scenario if you don't immediately get out of it. I'm so used to essentially taking the lickings in many MMOs and simply riding out the CC more often than not! Fighting in general is also hyper-paced comparatively and very disorientating to the newbie. I raged, a lot more than I'd like to admit. If there is a god, he is very disappointed with the language used.

Now that I am actually surviving for given periods of time and wreaking some amount of havoc on my enemies, I can safely say this might be my favorite combat system in an MMO to date. It's also extremely satisfying when you kill an opponent, especially in a 1v1 scenario(as rare as they might be).

That all said, glad I could fall back into love with this game. I was almost ready to drop MMOs entirely but the past week or so has been a blast. Just wanted to make myself known and tell you that I'll likely be active over here now. Pretty excited. :3

Hello Kelliak

Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Hello Kelliak

Oh god no. No. NOOOOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Oh god no. No. NOOOOOOOOO!
    Really? You really did not think I would be here in the GW2 sub forum? lol

Really? You really did not think I would be here in the GW2 sub forum? lol
    I knew it was wishful thinking but still yet... I hoped and dreamed a bit.

Really I don't care I just like to give you shit. x3

I knew it was wishful thinking but still yet... I hoped and dreamed a bit.

Really I don't care I just like to give you shit. x3
    Feeling is mutual. Also since you are here:

I told you so

Feeling is mutual. Also since you are here:

I told you so
    I hate you so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting in general is also hyper-paced comparatively and very disorientating to the newbie. I raged, a lot more than I'd like to admit. If there is a god, he is very disappointed with the language used.
    Join the club. I'm not ready for pvp at all (and I pvped quite a bit in that other game). I just stand there, frozen, fumbling with what buttons to press, and get pounded into the ground like a sparkfly. I also have a great aim. Anytime I try to place a ground AoE on an enemy player, it ends up being 100 feet away from them.

I hate you so much.

/10supersayancharrs

do you two need a private room?

glad you are enjoying yourself in the game that is right for you

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Join the club. I'm not ready for pvp at all (and I pvped quite a bit in that other game). I just stand there, frozen, fumbling with what buttons to press, and get pounded into the ground like a sparkfly. I also have a great aim. Anytime I try to place a ground AoE on an enemy player, it ends up being 100 feet away from them.
    I altered mine to where it shows the area it'll hit but as I let off the button it places. I don't need to double click. That actually screws me up a lot because I'm used to MOBAs and double-clicking hurts my soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar has been out for a month already?

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Wildstar has been out for a month already?
    close to 2 months

man how time flies. GW2 is almost 2 years old. Hell, the SWTOR release is still fresh in my mind and that one has been out 2 and a half years.

Confirmed. Zito is stalking Kelliak.

Also interesting to hear you like Theif, everyone I know hates playing theirs and I haven't leveled mine in awhile because I am quite frankly really bad at it. Also I get sidetracked a lot. What weapons are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    close to 2 months

man how time flies. GW2 is almost 2 years old. Hell, the SWTOR release is still fresh in my mind and that one has been out 2 and a half years.
    Amusing to me, as I joined MMO-Champ mostly for TOR. Whenever I see the one poster here, all I can remember is using his guide for my trooper. :-p

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Also interesting to hear you like Theif, everyone I know hates playing theirs and I haven't leveled mine in awhile because I am quite frankly really bad at it. Also I get sidetracked a lot. What weapons are you using?
    I like different classes for different things, though I don't pvp. My thief is the only character I ever did world completion on. Just more evasions and fun to dance around enemies. The playstyle/ feel has sort of translated over to one of my elementalists.

Dagger/Pistol with a switch-off to Short-bow.

High burst build revolving around Steal. Relatively typical I think of higher end Thief PvP'ers. It transitions pretty well over to PvE though due to the blinds/dazes/stealths, so I actually run the exact same build in PvP and PvE. That way I get more comfortable with it.

My PvP experience is to do random stuff with all the chats turned off. That way anyone who doesn't like how I play or wants to talk shit is stonewalled. I pretty much do what I feel like and if I win, I win. If I don't, oh well.

I like Thief, it's my go-to for Daily Dodger and Skill Interrupter(Spear 5 and a pack of Sharks, and Pistol 4 versus Spiders respectively). Plus D/D dancing around a pack of slow, stupid melees is amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Plus D/D dancing around a pack of slow, stupid melees is amusing.
    *slinks away dejectedly*

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    *slinks away dejectedly*
    Take heart, unless somehow you've discovered a way to play an Ettin mob. Then I totally own you.

I've always been pistol whip. Always. Even after the nerf. This new "pistol whip is for newbs" thing is just people realizing it was still relevant. It's not more bull shit then stealth spam.