Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pros:
    * It's a very beautiful city in general
    * I see more trees than buildings from my window despite living centrally
    * It's close to the sea
    * People are generally nice
    * Despite what people say, public transport works well, although it's rather crowded in the summer due to Gothia Cup and festivities such as Pride and Kulturkalaset. People have a tendency to remember the relatively few times per week that a bus or tram is notably late or break down, and forget the bazillion times per week when there's no problem. And if you can't afford a five-minute delay, then you're the one to blame. Plan ahead.
    * There are few main roads in the most central parts of the city.

Cons:
    * It's increasingly difficult to get an apartment to rent, the average number of days in queue before signing a contract on http://www.boplats.se increased from 526 days to 950 days (an increase of 81%) between 2010 and 2013.
    * If you're looking to buy, it's really expensive.

That's about it.
    Last edited by Cusco; 2014-07-19 at 11:40 AM.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats why I already bought a flat, I love Gothenburg. If I move it will be abroad, nothing much cought my interest except maybe Helsingborg.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    My hometown is a tiny little place in Kentucky.
    Its grown up a lot since I was kid (we have sewers and like county water) and local businesses have died to the Walmart that is about an hour away.
    But I love it, and we have a decent mayor who puts his time, effort and money where his mouth is. If only the kids would quit tearing stuff up, and their parents would quit crying about how they don't have nothing to do (while screaming about taxes, and not giving anything to charity literally the mayor has dropped nearly his entire salary the last 2 years to improving the local park and giving kids stuff to do.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    My city was founded by the Knights Templars during the Iberian Reconquista (i'm portuguese). Currently its a 30k small city, with raillroad, highway, Hospital, schools and even a Polithecnic Scool wich ministrates engeneering degrees and others. Its has been consedered to be on the top 5 of portuguese cities with better quality of life more then once.

But why don't you judge it by yourself??

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    Most boring place in the entire world.
    This, unfortunately...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Thats why I already bought a flat, I love Gothenburg. If I move it will be abroad, nothing much cought my interest except maybe Helsingborg.
    Same here, I'll probably live in Gothenburg for at least another eight years and after that, I'll either stay here in Gothenburg or experience living abroad.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I wish I still owned rather then rented, could have made even more profit from it if I sold it now(sold it in 2010). Gothenburg is still cheap compared to Stockholm though. ;P

I do dislike our local government though. But I'm pretty much on the same page as you guys. Might move abroad(for a few years at least) once my girlfriend got her master done.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty where I live. Hilly, lots of trees, parks, hot guys running in the morning...if it wasn't for the heat, miserable gay scene, and all the frakkin' conservatives, I could see myself settling down here :/

I need hippies, hipsters, granola, liberals, gay bars, and cold weather to sustain my vitality. Also, hot guys running in the morning
    Last edited by Bavol; 2014-07-19 at 12:19 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like most large cities. Too many people, traffic jams and higher crime rate than out in the country where I live. But it is still a place I have to visit once per week for provisions.

Deleted
    Really hot and humid in the summer, mild winters, we have the sea near but we also have mountains. It's a large city and there's loads of foreigners. There's loads of mosquitoes which sucks but welp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Muncie Indiana, Rust Belt of America... (not even the worst part of it, many cities have it worse further north)

It's freezing cold 9 months of the year, barely any decent jobs, the roads are crumbling, the average homes were built in 1948, everyone is extremely antisocial due to desperate poverty and it stinks on still nights of something.

It's shit. I would love to escape, but that would mean some serious abandoning...

Deleted
    Atm I'm in Malmö. It's expensive and has poor city planning with the exception of Västra Hamnen. I hate it when city architects just put glass buildings right next to old barock-buildings.

Third largest city in Sweden. It's shit. Hate it.

Will begin construction engineering at Lund's University so might move to Helsingborg, where the program is held. We should take a beer if you move there too Bakis!

10+ Year Old Account
    You ever know that one guy who claims to be "laid back" but in reality he's just extremely lazy, negligent and entirely undependable almost to the point of being a hindrance to those around him?

Yeah, that pretty well describes the general populace of my small Kentucky town. It's horrible.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.