How do you imagine your monk?

One thing that's always bothered me with spells and more specifically spells that seem to require reagents or items to use with them but are seemingly endless. The monk in particular uses a variety of teas and brews... so how do you imagine these abilities being used in your mind. Does the monk in question simply have his brews ready beforehand... or perhaps through his training in the mist and magic is he able to conjure the brew akin to a mana gem?

I imagine harmful brews (keg smash/breath of fire) is conjured using chi, and helpful brews (elusive/purifying) is prepared beforehand. I don't think it would make much sense for someone to conjure a brew, and then gain something from drinking it. It's like getting more out than what you put in.

Or maybe one prepares their brews (helpful and/or harmful) beforehand, store them somewhere, and then bring them to battle with a summoning technique.

I just realized how much I wonder about this.

^^ It first started bothering me when I was playing a witch doctor in diablo 3. I always kept wondering, is the dart...a literal dart, or is it a dart made manifest by mana. Because it seemed a bit silly to be able to fire an unlimited amount of darts which were directly tied to my manapool, same with any of the basic attacks. I realize in RoS, they're not, but that doesn't help with me imagining how he/she attains those unless they're simply conjured and because of his experience, cost so little in terms of his total mana, that it be inconsequential to his overall pool.

Back to the monk. When i say conjure brew, I mean, what if they're unable to do everything through the Chi technique. Perhaps, a monk keeps a magic or runed container around his hips and in the midst of combat is able to focus and collect mana within the cup, the mana taking physical manifestation in the form of a liquid...which thus enables after drinking it, to gain more power. Similar to how Energy drinks work...or are supposed to work for that matter. (I think conjuring a liquid which enables you power, would be similar to conjuring a weapon from magic...Like a magic sword that grants the wielder increased strength or vitality.)
    Last edited by Nomial17; 2014-04-23 at 08:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually never even thought about it as I was never really interested in the tea and brew part of the monk class. I just think of abilities like Tigereye Brew like a sudden rage of power instead of my character sipping a brew, becoming stronger by doing so.

Idk...I feel like when I read the talent descriptions...it's painfully obvious some of my power comes from beverages.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see alchemy as being intrinsic to class. Tea and brews = potions and elixirs. Some of our power comes from consuming the various beverages.

How we can carry so much of it around and use it on the fly...an enchanted container perhaps? Alchemists had the everlasting pots (and there's the Alchemist's Flask). Or it could be a bag of holding situation where that little mug is actually storing gallons of brew.

10+ Year Old Account
    They keep em in all those kegs incorporated into their gear.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

One could always assume you are actually wearing the honorary brewmaster keg at all times.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=87528#screenshots

My monk is an alchemist (elixir spec), as what kind of brewmaster would I be if I wasn't constantly making crazy new often volatile concoctions from the various herbs I find along my travels. As an added bonus I have him as a blind monk (complete with cursed visor of Sargeras), who uses his heightened sense of smell and hearing (he is a Pandaren after all) to defeat his enemies as well as find the herbs he needs for his brews.

I have also at least once had the following conversation
    Random Person: "Are you deaf?"
    Me: "No, Yu is blind"

I named my monk Yu Stormstout. Stormstout's are renowned brewers of beer, and I only had 2 letter spaces left after using Stormstout as a lastname.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2014-04-25 at 03:54 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    I like to think they have all the necessary ingredients on them and mix the brews in the heat of battle Like a windwalker making a tigerseye brew while he's jabbing he kicks a pouch of spices into his hand ready for when he does a blackout kick, then he mixes it up and chugs it down!

Quote Originally Posted by tachycardias View Post
    Hip flask.
    If relics were still a thing, this is what I imagine monks would use. I wonder if we could get some like how paladins might get librams back as models.

Deleted
    The day I can transmog a barrel as weapon/cloak it's the day where I'll play monk 24/7.

I feel like whenever my heals crit my monk can sense that something healed for more, stops what she was doing and took the time to brew some tea. But seriously, I have never thought of this before and now my head will hurt trying to figure out how to brew tea mid fight when you start with none and end with 20. All within a matter of minutes while constantly healing and taking the time to tend to the tea to get it just right so it gives me that thing called mana back.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I spend a lot of time Fistweaving, it feels like I capture excess mists to condense into a tea container that stirs and shakes while I'm kicking and punching! The I take a break for a refreshing, misty tea!
    History Teacher - Boarding School Residence Advisor - Polyglot of Profanity

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always figured that he carried multiple jugs around with him on his waistband but using an ability only required him to take a small mouthful for the benefits and the Cooldown was actually just a self-imposed wait period to stop myself from getting drunk.

Mostly because if I drank an entire brew every time I used an ability I would be more drunk than a 50 pound White chick at a frat party by the time I finished half a fight.