Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    100 rating = 1% haste is the base conversion for everyone. Enhancement shamans only need ~95 haste rating from gear in order to get 1% haste due to the attunement (95.24*1.05 = ~100).

Yes. Haste leading up to 50% will be worth much more than haste beyond that point, because that's how much you need to hit the GCD floor (1.0s GCD). Beyond that point, more haste will increasingly lead to higher priority abilities replacing lower priority abilities instead, which isn't as valuable as simply fitting in more abilities for the same total execution time.
    I wonder if the gear will even let us hit that 50% mark. And, if so, I wonder if we'll go back to not caring about hero/lust. Hopefully, Blizz is taking all of this into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    I wonder if the gear will even let us hit that 50% mark. And, if so, I wonder if we'll go back to not caring about hero/lust. Hopefully, Blizz is taking all of this into account.
    Depending on how they choose to scale gear (don't think we've even seen the difference between raid levels yet?) I'd expect between end of second tier and mid third tier

I also wouldn't count on blizzard taking things into account. They'll probably just turn around 2 expansions later and say it was intended as per usual :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    There will be a lot haste enchants and haste flask of course.

But reforging is gone and we have 5 secondary stats, so don't expect to have haste on every item. I think it will be harder to focus on haste than ever before.

But so far, we seem to be the only mail wearers focussing on haste (hunters won't, elemental will go for multistrike (> mastery currently), don't expect restos to go for a lot of haste, especially with low spirit).
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2014-07-20 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    I think it will only be an issue for people who go hog-wild into haste and neglect their mastery and multistrike (which you'll want to balance with haste past a certain point sub-50%). Mastery, especially, is a very strong stat for AOE (2% per 110 rating to fire nova, as opposed to 1% per ~95 rating for haste), so it would be wise to keep a fair amount on your gear.
    Last edited by Nitwit; 2014-07-20 at 11:23 PM.