View Poll Results: Would the game benefit from a Loyal Subscriber Programme?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it would provide incentive for me to stick around a bit longer.

80 44.94%
  • No, it would not encourage me to stick around longer.

64 35.96%
  • I'm undecided. Worth looking into perhaps.

34 19.10%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    well if they were to put in a customer loyalty program (call it blizzard bucks), it would be designed to try to get people to spend MORE overall in the game than they do now, both in context of keeping subs active longer AND getting players to spend more on services than they do.

Maybe give a blizzard buck for each real dollar spent (work out a way to deal with gbp/eur/dkk/etc., that would be simple compared), then let *selected* store items be purchased for a blizzard buck price 10x or so their USD$ price? Need a way to allow partial payment with blizzardbucks rather than dollars to hook people in (people see a 50 blizzard buck balance and want to use it, and end up using their bucks and spending more anyway). Maybe restrict bucks from being used for game-impacting things like xfers, racechanges, instant90s, etc.

They have sharp marketing folks, I guess they would know if such a plan would actually generate greater net revenue for the company. It isn't immediately clear that it would, or at least notably, just brainstorming it.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, John Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Agatha Christie, Steven Erikson & Ian Esslemont, Stephen R Donaldon, and recently Jack L Chalker.

I suggested this once and got a blue response.

Link here: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/5...hose-who-were/

I have an account creation date of November 23, 2004, and played in beta. Have all the collectors editions. Basically they asked what I would like, I suggested a pet, haven't heard anything since. The only free thing I got was the original WoW in an email some years ago which I gave away. That's about it.
    Last edited by electthedead; 2014-07-18 at 04:55 AM.

I think that it'd be a pretty solid move and it'd make me feel like I was appreciated as a customer. When you invest a lot of time, effort and money into a particular product then there's no obligation for perks to be handed out but at the same time it's not unheard of and it typically doesn't do any harm.

I clicked no, but if it was in place it would make me stay longer because I'd use it, but i said no because I don't think the game will benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I clicked no, but if it was in place it would make me stay longer because I'd use it, but i said no because I don't think the game will benefit from it.

The poll asked whether it would make you stay longer or not - not if it would benefit the company. ^^
    "Good morning!" said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out farther than the brim of his shady hat.

Author of: Mount 2.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)
    Author of: World Enhancement Patch 1.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    The poll asked whether it would make you stay longer or not - not if it would benefit the company. ^^
    The question in the poll

Would the game benefit from a Loyal Subscriber Programme?