Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Once you level up more, the combat will get more dynamic and a little faster (GCD will lower a bit with some skill speed on gear). Yeah, its still not as fast-paced as WoW but I like it just as much and have no problem with it. Playing a monk in FF14 is about as complex as my enhance shaman or monk in WoW plus add in two different positional requirements for most of your attacks. Yeah, its got some good strategy to it!
    That's great to hear, even though I enjoyed staying in the city so much that I wouldn't even need combat at all, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Alright well... here's my take - I have had the game for 5 days and I have a level 50 summoner.

- Dungeon mechanics vary from ultra easy to actually having mechanics, but usually only one boss per dungeon has real mechanics... although there is kind of a lot of dungeons so that's cool.

- Addon support is... non existent. The damage meter I use is almost useless compared to WoW damage meters.

- I chose female my'kote... that was a mistake. Everyone is female my'kote... I chose it as a joke because I thought there'd be a huge stigma about picking a female cat person, but I underestimated how closely the anime and furry community was connected in japanese games like this - EVERYONE is fucking my'kote female. It's insane.

- The story isn't the worst, but the bad guys are pretty intolerable. Nuanced villains, nonexistent. They are basically just 4 Darth Vaders with such superior technology they could destroy the world in like a day, but can't invade some magical country... meh.

- There are a LOT of quality of life issues I have... here are some of them:
    1. My pet doesn't automatically go to passive when I mount so any aggro basically makes him despawn while I'm mounted. Insanely stupid.

2. To be competitive you have to level other classes more than halfway to 50 in order to get adequate secondary skills to play legitimately. That's a grind.

3. The crafting system is overly complex - having to actually change jobs into a Weaver and wear weaver gear with +profession stats is just ridiculous. Sure it's "better" than WoW's crafting system by a mile, but crafting IS boring - it's not fighting, it's not fun... so making it this much more complex where you actually have to click abilities is just inconvenient to aggravating at worst.

4. The main quest has a LOT of "go here and then come back and then go there and come back again" ... really heinous... and you have to do the story quest to unlock almost everything in the game. I mean I don't mind doing the story, but ye olde Final Fantasy campaigns this is not.

5. The cities in this game are fucking awful compared to WoW. They aren't connected to the main overworld, there are loading screens for several loading screens per city. The Aethernet teleportation system is VERY unclear on a location to location standpoint around any given city. Hard to remember which place goes to which one.

6. This is related to 5, but the maps are SOOOOO much worse than in WoW it's not even funny. If I don't zoom in on my target location I choose the wrong direction to get there (usually an elevation problem) like 90% of the time.

- Fun game though, lol... sorta. I've got my gripes that's for sure yet I'm still playing on 6 days in. It IS a lot like WoW, just noticably a downgrade in every category except graphics. I mean my summoner artifact armor is BEAUTIFUL, better than any caster gear ever in WoW and it's not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    To alot of us it's an UPGRADE from WoW.

I don't like crafting for instance but I have buds who made 50 crafters before even getting to 50 and finishing the main story. Not for me not for you(I tend to level VERY slowly via GC turn ins)

The instance stuff is because of ps3 I heard

And yeah alot of fetch quests it's about the journey not the destination in this game.

And yeah it may just not be for yoi but who knows

Deleted
    would you say that it is too late for me to start playing the game? i have 2x 50s that have no gear so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    would you say that it is too late for me to start playing the game? i have 2x 50s that have no gear so far
    Nope not at all.

You can run ST for one drop of ilv 100 gear s week get ilv 100 gear for sokdiery. And hunts or dungeons net you myth that can be used to get ilv 90 gear.

I went from a fresh 50 about 2-3 weeks ago to ilv 93...WHILE not grinding, NOT farming hunts AND having time to get ANOTHER class to 50 AND off level another as well as grind two crafting classes for a few days and get my relic.

Note the current MAXIMUM ilv is 110..Sooo you can basically gear up super easy.

This also discounts buying crafted gear and extreme primal drops.

They are VERY good about catchup. Note to run coill 2 you still need to beat turn 5 but it is now available in dungeon finder. Also gives a buff.

Then there is CT which drops ILV 80 gear.

In 2.4 they will probably make coil 2 a dungeon finder thing.

Sooo yeah you can gear up pretty damn easily. Probably under 2 days if you go crazy with hunt farming.