Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    and yeah, I've been confusing the Adaptive Sync and FreeSync it seems.

Don't know what legality issue there is for G-sync though.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    and yeah, I've been confusing the Adaptive Sync and FreeSync it seems.
    Who didn't? :P Literally the majority still thinks you can get gsync equivalent for free.

I've heard things like AMD's freesync does currently only do between 40-60Hz (might be wrong), they didnt give us enough details rather than just telling people that their gsync is "free". I bet it would take a year or two before we see freesync. The edp sync was between 50-60Hz to save power if I'm not mistaken.

There's nothing wrong with the pricetag of Gsync if you compare it now with AMD's freesync which looks like it will never be a proper equivalent. Considering that most fpga chips are extremely expensive (above 300$ i think) and the module being sold for 150$ I'm confused how they managed to do this. People called it too fast a gimmick, lend a guy who called it a gimmick a gsync monitor for 4 weeks you'd never see it back. You just have to experience to like it, that process might take a long time but you will be able to tell the difference. When I got my 120Hz monitor, I did only notice a slight difference between 60Hz & 120Hz mode but after some weeks I couldn't stand 60Hz anymore.

I would have pre-ordered this monitor if it was glossy, I just don't like matte at all. If you would watch this video do you think the rog monitor has better colors than the s27a750d? It's a TN panel as well
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    I would have pre-ordered this monitor if it was glossy, I just don't like matte at all. If you would watch this video do you think the rog monitor has better colors than the s27a750d? It's a TN panel as well
    Can't really say anything honestly.
    My main one currently is FG2421, a 120Hz VA panel 8bit+FRC. It has a tiny bit of issues when I calibrated it with i1 Display Pro, most of the colors but 2 weren't properly calibrated so that in itself will skew some things.
    My other monitor is an old ass TN CCFL with wide gamut support and a gloss finish. The over saturation (honestly not sure if there's a setting or what preset is to change it) from the wider range also lends itself to some issues.

Maybe if they were next to each other with a good camera / video recording both with default calibrations could I make any judgement. Especially since I can't find an in depth review of S27A75D with color accuracy, gamut, and all that stuff.
    That being said though. Other than a few monitors (professional grade ones), PG278Q has a very good default calibration.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-07-18 at 07:44 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never knew about that Eizo FG2421, how do you like it? Sorry to resurrect, but my other thread on this was focused more on the ASUS but that Eizo is intriguing. However not sure I want to pay that much for such an old panel, the G Sync in the ASUS will probably make it still perform better.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Never knew about that Eizo FG2421, how do you like it? Sorry to resurrect, but my other thread on this was focused more on the ASUS but that Eizo is intriguing. However not sure I want to pay that much for such an old panel, the G Sync in the ASUS will probably make it still perform better.
    If you are willing to use Google translate, Sweclockers had someone working professionally with colours and monitors take a look at it in a review.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/eizo_fg2421.htm

Personally I like it. Some issues with calibration but the dE was low enough on my panel, average 1.4? I think. No PWM at 100-21 brightness is really nice and high Hz at 20-0. I have issues with PWM and such flicker. Similarly their 240Hz turbo introduces a flicker which as you can assume I don't use too much. It's really nice for motion clarity and less perceived motion blur but it like a CRT creates a flicker every frame. If you have no issues with flicker,seeing as you have MX239H you should be fine, then use of it isn't going to be as head achey.
    There's no sign of banding probably due to the 8bit + FRC part, though EIZO does list it as 8bit, which is true as opposed to some companies that advertise 10bit but are 8bit + FRC.
    Viewing angles aren't like an IPS obviously but it's hell of a lot better than the TN ones and since I do stupid positions when I sit on the desk, or my head is on the desk in some cases it is really nice. Some contrast shifts at my angle, just gets a bit paler. In comparison to my old TN panel, I can't see shit.
    Contrast / black level is really nice and high, when calibrating mine was about 4.8k I believe. I can't remember the stuff. You can adjust the black level on the OSD if you want. You can set it high so even in dark games you can see cause well... it's a bit amusing.

It's a Sharp MVA as opposed to the usual VA panels that come from AUO, whether it's a VA or AMVA. Sharp being known for their TV and IGZO stuff.

Personally vouch for it but it's not as shiny with stuff like G-sync. I don't really play in full screen non window mode so it kinda becomes irrelevant (unless I have to) for me.

It's barely even a year old, actually not even.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-08-28 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i always use google translate for sweclockers, every once in a while i need to remind myself that its google and not the swedes that suck at english

10+ Year Old Account
    Google translate in general is pretty bad. =\

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i always use google translate for sweclockers, every once in a while i need to remind myself that its google and not the swedes that suck at english
    Only some of us do!
    Also, I didn't know people outside the Nordic read them. Oh well.

Speaking about monitors, I am eagerly awaiting 3440x1440 monitors to drop in price. A shame my graphics horsepower wouldn't be able to run them at 144 Hz. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Only some of us do!

Speaking about monitors, I am eagerly awaiting 3440x1440 monitors to drop in price. A shame my graphics horsepower wouldn't be able to run them at 144 Hz. :P
    Imagine it...

3440x1440 8 bit IPS with G-Sync and 144 Hz capability...

Linus loves the LG 34UM95, as it took 4k off his wish list, but I bet he'd go nuts for one that includes G-Sync and 144 Hz. hehe, as would I...

Give it a year or two, I'm sure the price will drop!
    "A flower.

Only some of us do!

October.. 600 eur, same panel Aoc u3477pqu.
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there's only three 3440x1440 panels. One of em is a curved one, leaving only two, and one of em doesn't have info. Only thing it really depends on is how they do the factory set up, calibration, features and so on.
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles...anel_parts.htm

10+ Year Old Account
    Oof! That AOC looks incredible!

No doubt, another $1,000+ monitor, if not $1,200+.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Direct currency exchange makes it about $800-1k depending on what site you're looking at. It seems to be pushed back from the expected September to October.

http://www.aoc-europe.com/no_cache/e...ml?showUid=362

Deleted
    Raiding wow on that monitor...wonder what the expected min fps would be...
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2014-08-29 at 09:10 PM. Reason: spelling- thx Tetris

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably still the usual 25-30, or well depends on the CPU or if your GPU is really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Raiding wow on that monitor...wonder what the expended min fps would be...
    Expended? I am not thinking it would have much impact on the Min FPS. Some, yes, but it's a CPU-limiting fact, and more pixels is almost only GPU-bound.
    Also, screw PvE. Imagine the higher FoV for PvP.

Deleted
    Also, screw PvE. Imagine the higher FoV for PvP.
    Blasphemy!

- - - Updated - - -

Hijacking slightly, I am thinking buying that U/P2414 into next month, is there anything better coming out around that price?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really at the near future.
    A lot of companies are going for higher res which equates for higher cost.
    LG seemingly focusing a lot on 21:9 stuff along with one 24" TN high Hz panel with something similar to EIZO's 240Hz boost.
    NEC just released their 24" 4k.
    EIZO announced a 4k of their Flex Scan line. IPS or IPS like panels. 31.5"
    Dell just released their 24" 4k.
    Viewsonic I don't know.
    Acer is supposedly releasing a G-sync 4k at some point and a 144Hz panel also with G-sync.
    AOC has their 21:9 34" one coming out.
    BenQ is releasing a 27" IPS at 2560x1440 probably 8bit+FRC.

I just got this monitor today. Gsync works out of the box and is really is something to behold. However I've noticed varying severities of flickering on my screen while in BGs, and a few random times I was even alt tabbed out of my game! I have it next to a Dell U2713HM and yeah, compared to a Dell, the picture quality of the Swift is meh. But that's not what I need it for! Now if only I can find a way to get rid of the flickering and prevent the tab-outs I'd be set.