Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mind always occupied?

Is it normal for my mind to be constantly occupied with something? What ever it may be, even if its random there is always something going on in my head. Its something that's always there ever since i can remember. I think it could be why i always have difficulty sleeping.

So, is that normal?

Do you think you maybe have ADD/ADHD?
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

yup, normal.. otherwise dead.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, your brain never stops.

It can be very difficult for some people to just switch off and relax, especially if they have a lot going on in their lives. We're all wired differently and some people are just wired to work that way. If it's having a negative impact upon your day-to-day life then it may be worth seeking professional support.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    Do you think you maybe have ADD/ADHD?
    ... Such a load of nonsense.

Personally, yes, it's normal. I'm always thinking, planning, designing, and letting my wander. I can tune it out and focus if I want, but I prefer keeping my mind open to everything going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal. But if you feel like it's overkill you could have adult ADHD.

Yeah it is fairly normal always to have something on your mind, though if it really affects your sleep you should try to clear your head before going to sleep.

Yes, it's normal.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Christ almighty, the amount of people suggesting ADHD...

Which reminds me, I came across this video a few days ago which may be relevant:

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    You definitely have ADHD.

trollface.jpg

racing thoughts

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Unless you've mastered the art of meditation, it's completely normal. Emptying your mind is actually quite difficult to do.

Deleted
    boobies on the brain

Deleted
    Unwelcome thoughts are described as intrusive, and can be a sign of mild to aggressive anxiety.

If they're causing you problems you may want to speak to a family member or friend.

This is what my head feels like; dozens of thoughts endlessly battling it out for center stage

Deleted
    I'm always thinking or analyzing. However before napping or sleeping those 5 mins before I pass out, my brain goes into overdrive, I start thinking about random stuff almost like dreaming but I'm perfectly conscious, so I guess there are extremes to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think too much your brain overloads.
    Best fix = sleep 4 hours.
    Or listen to some peacefull music so your mind things of that (less Ram used).

Same goes for computers when you try to run 20 programs at same time.

If you dont let the brain rest:

BRAIN-WAVE OVERLOAD!!
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    I'm the same, i'm constantly thinking about movie scenes and I always put my own twist in them and play them out how I would like them to have, same for games. I'll even "play" games in my own head if i'm bored and just want to chill out. I'll play out situations in my head and come up with different outcomes (some realistic others absurd).

Without trying to sound crazy, sometimes it can be fun, other times it's exhausting but I can't hit the breaks on it.

When i'm trying to go to sleep my brain also goes into overdrive and I get really philosophical. Sometimes at about 4-5am i'll pick up my laptop and just google questions like there's no tomorrow. I've learned a sh!t-ton of stuff doing this, so having a "hyperactive"? mind does have its benefits, just not good when it's the night before an exam.