looking for wod beta fistweaving video

hello,
    I really really love the fistweaving style on MoP

have been folowing the beta news and all, but cannot find on youtube any video of fistweaving in WOD.

its viable for questing? soloing ? and Healing ?

thx in advance

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is an entire thread devoted to MW in 6.0, try to contribute to that thread or look for your answers/information there before making a new thread please.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Can you stop being obtuse and just answer the question?

With the amount of people playing monk, posting on this website, this part of the forums is next to dead. The different threads on the 1st page barely move around. I can count the number of posts made in a thread per day on 1 hand. Between a morning check and an evening check barely 2 posts are added to most threads.

I would think most people would welcome others to discuss Monk, yet I find a lot of you playing forum police. How is this attitude inviting others to grow this part of the community? I would dare say the community is nowhere big enough to require information to be this strictly unified in a single thread.

This is how I see fistweaving:
    Normal fistweaving is low mana cost and easiliy feasible. Though not so effective. The way to make fistweaving work is to work CJL and RSK into your rotation. RSK being your main chi dumb and CJL being your main chi generator. CJL gives you 4 chi, so i wanna run with ascension (5chi slots). this way i can jab > bok > jab > bok untill im out of chi. (always having muscle up)

Once RSK is off cd you use that instead of BoK, if tiger power isnt up use jab > TP. FWing like this makes you go OOM obviously, CJL is very expensive so you need to use your mana tea's to stay healthy mana wise.

Not sure where chi wave comes into the rotation, i guess just use it off cd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohendar View Post
    Can you stop being obtuse and just answer the question?

With the amount of people playing monk, posting on this website, this part of the forums is next to dead. The different threads on the 1st page barely move around. I can count the number of posts made in a thread per day on 1 hand. Between a morning check and an evening check barely 2 posts are added to most threads.

I would think most people would welcome others to discuss Monk, yet I find a lot of you playing forum police. How is this attitude inviting others to grow this part of the community? I would dare say the community is nowhere big enough to require information to be this strictly unified in a single thread.
    Directing him to the right post isn't being obtuse, many posters will create a new thread first without looking at a place where the imformation is readily available. Unifying posts keeps it from getting confusing and from important discussion and info falling into the past. We don't need 5-10 threads asking if DW is better than 2H.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2014-07-17 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Too long winded

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Directing him to the right post isn't being obtuse, many posters will create a new thread first without looking at a place where the imformation is readily available. Unifying posts keeps it from getting confusing and from important discussion and info falling into the past. We don't need 5-10 threads asking if DW is better than 2H.
    I totally agree with Rohendar..... There is no need at all to direct him to the MW 6.0 discussion. What is he going to read 60 pages of forum posts, try to find his specific question in that cluster wall of text?

Besides he was asking for videos not MW info, so how about we invite more discussion, more threads, and get back to people in specific ways.

So sorry man I dont have any MW fistweaving videos, I would be very stoked to see how its doing mechanically, but thing is, numbers are off and I hear many healers are having a rough time.

10+ Year Old Account
    He asked for videos but also whether it is viable, which would be discussed in the 6.0 thread. There is a forum search feature to make it easier to find what he, or anyone else, is looking for.

He asked for videos but also whether it is viable, which would be discussed in the 6.0 thread. There is a forum search feature to make it easier to find what he, or anyone else, is looking for.
    srsly stop ranting, you do this in every that I see. He has a question, lets provide him with some insight, done. don't clutter the forum with this please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pozi View Post
    hello,
    I really really love the fistweaving style on MoP

have been folowing the beta news and all, but cannot find on youtube any video of fistweaving in WOD.

its viable for questing? soloing ? and Healing ?

thx in advance
    Fistweaving is worse in Warlords in my opinion. It does not do as much healing in Warlords, as it does compared to live. It feels a lot slower, because now you have to maintain two buffs, a debuff, and then spam BOK. With the nerfs to ReM don't help this, ReM on beta is healing for extremely little, which nerfs Fistweaving even further.

Right now the stance feels more like a Mana Tea stance then anything else. The abilities cost very little to use, and the amount of Mana Tea you generate compared to the Mana Spent, as well as how long it takes to generate the Mana Tea is A LOT better when compared to to Wise Serpent.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

This is why no one reads elitist jerks any more. Youve got a forum under CLASS with 4 different threads, and in order to find any info you have to dig through 120 pages of garbage. All Monk topics could be listed in 3 thread topics, but why bother having a forum at all? Why not just have 1 thread for all of WoW and everyone could just post random stuff in there. I am also tired of the EJ-style forum Nazis.

This guy's post has a title which is very specific and to the point, and doesn't fall under the general umbrella discussion. I think it's perfectly reasonable to open a new thread to discuss a specific topic or ask a specific question. He didn't ask a general question and he didn't ask for a topic which has been extensively discussed in a sticky topic or prominent thread. As long as his post has a specific title, it's much more useful than a single general topic.
    Last edited by tachycardias; 2014-07-19 at 02:23 PM.

It's too early to talk about how practical Fistweaving is. There has been no number-tuning done yet and so you really can't draw any conclusions at this point.

The main thing we can evaluate at this point is the way it is going to work mechanically. Damage and healing output is almost certain to change significantly.
    Last edited by Drutt; 2014-07-21 at 02:45 PM.

I've just made one on target dummies

http://youtu.be/P20p1JRdh2Y

Let me know if you want any others

10+ Year Old Account
    In-thread mod warning. Please keep the discussion on-topic; if you feel that a thread is redundant or otherwise unnecessary, please use the report tool.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by tachycardias View Post
    This is why no one reads elitist jerks any more. Youve got a forum under CLASS with 4 different threads, and in order to find any info you have to dig through 120 pages of garbage. All Monk topics could be listed in 3 thread topics, but why bother having a forum at all? Why not just have 1 thread for all of WoW and everyone could just post random stuff in there. I am also tired of the EJ-style forum Nazis.

This guy's post has a title which is very specific and to the point, and doesn't fall under the general umbrella discussion. I think it's perfectly reasonable to open a new thread to discuss a specific topic or ask a specific question. He didn't ask a general question and he didn't ask for a topic which has been extensively discussed in a sticky topic or prominent thread. As long as his post has a specific title, it's much more useful than a single general topic.
    Don't get me started n EJ... those forums are so bad...

@OP Any information you get right now isn't going to be that great. Still got a lot of time before the expansion is released and lots of stuff is still bugged or hasn't been balanced. MW being given a new stance just makes that stuff even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    These guys stream everything Monk related that you can think of.
    http://www.twitch.tv/wowmonk/profile
    Hinalove (one of our monk theorycrafters) also pops in from time to time.

http://www.twitch.tv/wowmonk/c/4421608
    Here is a video of a Monk Healing one of the new dungeons. He swaps from FW/Mistweaving quiet a bit. It was a late alpha test so it shouldn't be too different from Beta.

So far, I haven't found Crane stance viable for more than short periods of time for anything other than questing. That said, it feels OP while questing...especially with Touch of Death and the HP increase in relation to mobs, running up to a rare elite and popping Chi Brew, Chi Brew, RSK, BOK, Channel CJL and Touch of Death is actually pretty common(and fun!). The number tuning is definitely off though, the mana feels near infinite and the healing feels low(damage is probably fine, for a healer spec).

Mistweaver throughput in general feels low. When I did Gruul, Chi Explosion was like 20% of my healing with my 2nd biggest heal coming from the cleave from the scaled up Thok trinket and my 3rd being Revival(used once). Renewing Mist and Surging mist both feel like they do near nothing except feed Chi to Chi Explosion. Leaves the whole thing with a very clunky feel.
    Last edited by Infective; 2014-07-22 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infective View Post
    So far, I haven't found Crane stance viable for more than short periods of time for anything other than questing. That said, it feels OP while questing...especially with Touch of Death and the HP increase in relation to mobs, running up to a rare elite and popping Chi Brew, Chi Brew, RSK, BOK, Channel CJL and Touch of Death is actually pretty common(and fun!). The number tuning is definitely off though, the mana feels near infinite and the healing feels low(damage is probably fine, for a healer spec).

Mistweaver throughput in general feels low. When I did Gruul, Chi Explosion was like 20% of my healing with my 2nd biggest heal coming from the cleave from the scaled up Thok trinket and my 3rd being Revival(used once). Renewing Mist and Surging mist both feel like they do near nothing except feed Chi to Chi Explosion. Leaves the whole thing with a very clunky feel.
    I dont know if its been fixed yet but I know that MW heals were scaling from attack power rather than spell power, thats why a lot of MW heals felt so weak.
    Again, I dont have beta, going by what ive seen / read

You can read my post here, its a bit extensive, i wanted to provide you with enough info, but to avoid double posting.

I must also remind you that this is beta and its current state of mist monks. For now, if things dont change i will prolly think about changing main or even completely leaving WoW. Mist/fistweaving was only thing that drew me to MoP and monk it self, idea that fistweaving will be dedicated stance kept me going when i started to think that its time to leave or change class. Im heavily disappointed in current state of fistweaving and i hope that it will change during course of beta.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post28482165