Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Of course but Europe could make a statement now, it hurts Russia more than just some minor sanctions.
    What are we supposed to say? We'll boycott the football cup in 4 years?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Putin has been a prick for the past 15 years, we have no reason to believe he'll change. Even then, I think speculating on the world cup is a bit distant, don't they have questions to answer about Sochi Winter Olympics? Something to do with how certain athletes didn't have to do qualifications and/or results falsified. I heard about it recently but then nothing since.
    Putin has indeed always been a prick. Perhaps a superprick is a better term, since he's still a prick but just a bit more right now.

Yeah, that sounds good. Putin the Superprick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    That's in 4 years. I doubt that the war will still be ongoing in 4 years, and unless Putin still is being a prick then I doubt that the West decide not to participate.
    that is also enough reason to delay the talking/celebrating. but insted the fifa and putin are having a party. clearly shows the fifa only cares about them self and there money.(probebly also the reason why they got the wc)

15+ Year Old Account
    Dont worry, Olympics, World cup need to be hosted by dubious countries every now and then.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stating it now would put pressure on the FIFA to reevaluate their decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    that is also enough reason to delay the talking/celebrating. but insted the fifa and putin are having a party. clearly shows the fifa only cares about them self and there money.(probebly also the reason why they got the wc)
    FIFA is corrupt to the core, Qatar would like to say hello. It's no wonder them and Russia get on well.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

15+ Year Old Account
    FIFA is as corrupt as Russia, they wont mind.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

- - - Updated - - -

Putin has indeed always been a prick. Perhaps a superprick is a better term, since he's still a prick but just a bit more right now.

Yeah, that sounds good. Putin the Superprick.
    well better is to either boycot the whole correpted fifa. or join. and then all the eu counterys just sit there doing noting.. i mean russia or even better quatar clearly smells like corruption. but we are going offtopic.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they aren't going to do anything about Qatar when there are serious concerns and evidence then they won't do shit about Russia which is far closer. The only reason would be security concerns. Don't know if you saw but a bunch of Shaktar Donetsk players refused to fly back due to security issues.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    FIFA is as corrupt as Russia, they wont mind.
    Touche I guess. However I'm certain even Blatter would not enjoy an Iran - North Korea final.

15+ Year Old Account
    Touche I guess. However I'm certain even Blatter would not enjoy an Iran - North Korea final.
    Probably cos they dont have the large enough economic muscles to be able to cough up large enough ammounts of bribes.

FIFA is corrupt to the core, Qatar would like to say hello. It's no wonder them and Russia get on well.
    ye alrdy said it in my post a few min ago. same as brasil and are insane expensieve wc.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they aren't going to do anything about Qatar when there are serious concerns and evidence then they won't do shit about Russia which is far closer. The only reason would be security concerns. Don't know if you saw but a bunch of Shaktar Donetsk players refused to fly back due to security issues.
    Aye it's a disgrace, but pressure is mounting on Blatter regarding Qatar. Last WC in Brasil should have opened his eyes that playing football in 40C temperatures is not only inhumane but irresponsible. (Sorry offtopic)

15+ Year Old Account
    German politicians question the WC football in Russia in 2014

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutsc...-a-982426.html
    It's a a few state interior ministers and speakers' opinions only though going in line with the current "What could *we* do?" debate. Frankly outside immediately cutting economical ties there are no real options they have left because everything else will just miss its goal and nobody would be willing to go as far as that right now. It's also the opinion of a lot politicians here to blame Putin for everything now but it's rarely the official government stance too. The official stance is going to be more pragmatic and less driven by immediate need for knee-jerk reactions especially since we are still not far into investigations yet.

On another note regarding to constant demands to the EU to show some reaction:
    It's obvious that Putin has been careful enough to put a wall of sympathizers between him and the separatists so to not directly implicate him or his government of open support. Which gives him some leverage over the sympathizers and therefore separatists if he wills so otherwise he is not going to be "aware" of what they are actually doing. Even if it turns out it was Russian-sponsored material which did it all he needs to do is removing these sympathizers and call back potentially responsible persons as well and whatever seems to be more important: he will either retire them or put them on a show trial so to display 'good will' of his country. In short he will get out of it unharmed one way or the other and no matter what the EU and their politicians are proposing: short of an unlikely rebellion within his own tightly supervised ranks he has to fear little. The man is simply too shrewd for Western politicians to be actually directly influenced through threatening moves, talking with him through bilateral or trilateral talks are really the only thing capable of getting things done especially in this conflict.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2014-07-23 at 10:51 AM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    It's a a few state interior ministers and speakers' opinions only though going in line with the current "What could *we* do?" debate. Frankly outside immediately cutting economical ties there are no real options they have left because everything else will just miss its goal and nobody would be willing to go as far as that right now. It's also the opinion of a lot politicians here to blame Putin for everything now but it's rarely the official government stance too. The official stance is going to be more pragmatic and less driven by immediate need for knee-jerk reactions especially since we are still not far into investigations yet.
    Aye it's indeed the case. I just saw a very good interview with some Finnish experts on tv here this morning regarding sanctions and the impotence of EU politically to do anything about Russia. Far reaching sanctions are simply not possible in the short term due to the different interests in EU, and the inability for the EU to come to an agreement as a result.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    ye alrdy said it in my post a few min ago. same as brasil and are insane expensieve wc.
    Well, whilst Brazil has its problems it's not a shade on Russia/Qatar. Brazil had mainly socioeconomic probems and then its corruption is rooted mainly within the illegal deforestation. Qatar and Russia are rotten to the core. None of the 3 have been good choices. Temperatures in Qatar are going to be ridiculous, the players could barely cope in Brazil - the oppurtunity to play matches during the day is very low, they'd need to play into the night under floodlights like they do for the Singapore and Abu Dhabi Grand Prixs. I think they've greatly underestimated the toll it takes on players and Brazil is proof of that, even the South Americans who live there and the Africans where it's hotter, were struggling so much.

Deleted
    Rutte is lobbying for a UN police force to go to Ukraine.

http://nos.nl/artikel/678281-rutte-w...-rampplek.html
    I'm really curious as to if this is really going to happen or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    I'm really curious as to if this is really going to happen or not.
    Dont read dutch, in short lobbying for a minor force in regard of the plane crash or a larger force due to the conflict as a whole?

Nevermind, I stopped being lazy. Local crash force. No clue how that would be useful unless they arrive like within 1-2days and knowing UN...

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont read dutch, in short lobbying for a minor force in regard of the plane crash or a larger force due to the conflict as a whole?
    Minor force at the scene of the crash. Dutch government doesn't want to confirm it though, as the source is Poroshenko.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the last paragraph however, no clue about its validity.

Binnen de EU wordt al maanden gesproken over een politiemissie naar Oekraïne. Ongewapende agenten zouden daar moeten bijdragen aan het verbeteren van de veiligheidssituatie. De ministers van Buitenlandse Zaken hebben gisteren ingestemd met zo'n missie, maar een inzet bij de rampplek is toen niet aan de orde geweest.
    Within the EU talks about a police mission to Ukraine for months. Unarmed officers should contribute to the improvement of the security situation there. The foreign ministers yesterday agreed to such a mission, but a commitment to the crash site has not then been discussed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unarmed officers, ugh. The situation there is volitile as it is, are still swedes being held hostages as far back as may.
    Really dont like the idea to give them more targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unarmed officers, ugh. The situation there is volitile as it is, are still swedes being held hostages as far back as may.
    Really dont like the idea to give them more targets.
    That part confused me as well. What they going to do when they get shot at? Raise a white flag, with arms in the air, yelling: "I yield!"