Thread: Race for WoD

Race for WoD

Yo I quit wow back in May but i have found a new guild in horde side of another realm; I'm currently alliance.
    So obviously i have to faction change. What is the best racials in WOD. not MoP. WoD.
    I intend to play any spec so if anyone could post the racials to me or tell me which ones are the best, it'll be very appreciated ^^
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyspeed View Post
    so if anyone could post the racials to me or tell me which ones are the best
    I'm not trying to be rude, but this is easily accessible information from a simple Google search that shouldn't be handed to you on a silver platter. I apologize if this comes off as elitist or dickish, but we get tons of threads here about "help my DPS", and "what's the best spec" (as well as racials) that it tends to get annoying.

That said, the other half of your post can be found through a quick search on these forums, in which you'll find a duplicate (yet more specific) thread.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Indeed as Polarthief said, the information you are looking for is already in another thread.. Granted it's for Alliance(same applies for Horde though) and might be hard to know if you don't look or search for it(as rules say new thread makers should). But more to the point, as you hopefully read Polar's reply, you should now have 5 pages worth of discussion of people guessing..

Which in turn gets you the answer of: We simply can't say which race is the best. They look somewhat even, at least the better ones do. But until we have seen the gear and the final number pass has gone through, we cannot say which is the best, as we just don't have the final numbers. We can guess, but that's all it will be. And for the looks of it.. each spec might have it's own "best" racial.

Will let this stay open for a bit if someone has some real maths of the current situation and has a real insight on how things will work.. But do not spam this thread with random guesses.

Well I'll tell you this much now: With that massive nerf to Human Spirit, Humans are among the worst race for racials now... Fucking Versatility because they were too lazy to make that system... *sigh*
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I apologise for making one of those "Help My Dps" kinda threads. I do agree that they get annoying. I only had a day and i have a lot of work to do and stuff so i was thinking maybe i could half ass this one Thanks for all the replies/info

die.

or choose a male blood elf in pink underwear. and die then.

Infracted for spam.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2014-07-18 at 01:34 AM.

I apologise for making one of those "Help My Dps" kinda threads. I do agree that they get annoying. I only had a day and i have a lot of work to do and stuff so i was thinking maybe i could half ass this one Thanks for all the replies/info
    It's all good, just we tend to blanket any of these threads as "post info, I'll come get it later, thanks for doing my homework for me", and we get a LOT of them weekly.

Horde-side, I'm not really sure which is best. Since there's no Multistrike racial and you can't use the race with +2% Crit Damage (Tauren), it's kind of a crapshoot.

Kinda miffed about the Human thing and I need a distractor, so I'll go ahead and just copy/pasta all the (relevant) racials for you >.> You be the judge.

- Blood Elf: +1% Crit and 3% Mana cooldown (Arcane only)

- Goblin: +1% Haste, Rocket Launcher (deals damage), and Rocket Jump (kinda like Blink?)

- Orc: +1% Pet Damage (Frost only; might include MI, probably doesn't) and Spellpower cooldown

- Troll: Berserking.

- Undead: That passive thingy they have on live.

- Pandaren: That food boost that's on live.

Now if you want PvP stuff, dig through this: http://www.tentonhammer.com/wow/guid...ltrait-changes

I was doing some quick calculations about the racials, and i was typing it to my friend i noticed something. Berserking is a 10s duration with a 180s CD of 15% Haste. As we are good mages we use it with alter time most likely, which will give us 16s duration of berserking (Maybe a bit less if you're fire, as you re-activate alter time post proc usage).
    That leads to (16/180)*15 = 1.33% haste average
    As all the races give 1% and some small minor increase, shouldn't 1.33% haste average be better?
    Then i thought ok well what if haste isn't at a high stat weight next xpac (prob won't) compared to crit/SP of orcs. I don't know the value of the orcs SP and uptime etc, but I'm sure its balanced around the same value of 1% crit or 1% haste.
    HOWEVER, this haste average is just an average, where as in reality you'd be using the haste as a cool down of 15% haste for 10s, during your burst which would be at an instant where your dps is significantly higher than your overall dps, so as haste is multiplicative then the value of it goes up.

tl;dr Haste is 1.33% average and overall higher dps value cuz you're using it during burst

Any corrections? Or perhaps something I've missed.

I don't know much about the whole tertiary stat stuff, so forgive me

As we are good mages we use it with alter time most likely, which will give us 16s duration of berserking
    Keep in mind you were asking about WoD. AT in WoD won't reset buffs, so this is a bit irrelevant for what you were originally looking for.

As all the races give 1% and some small minor increase, shouldn't 1.33% haste average be better?
    Burst Haste lined up with your cooldowns and other procs is typically better (in PvE) in the long run.

Any corrections? Or perhaps something I've missed.
    Minus the MoP version of AT, not really. Also don't forget that Zerking's Haste is multiplicative like other Haste boosts, so the average Haste is probably much higher, based on your Haste.

Basically they will all be roughly a 1% increased secondary stat. The differences will be negligible (unless they cock it up), so pick your race based on which you like, and/or the utility racials (eg goblin jump, worgen sprint, BE arcane torrent).

- - - Updated - - -

I was doing some quick calculations about the racials, and i was typing it to my friend i noticed something. Berserking is a 10s duration with a 180s CD of 15% Haste. As we are good mages we use it with alter time most likely, which will give us 16s duration of berserking (Maybe a bit less if you're fire, as you re-activate alter time post proc usage).
    Yes in theory, with perfect use of things like Alter Time, and probably trinket procs etc you can make short duration racials effectively more powerful than the flat 1% racials.

But remember we're talking about 0.33% here. Of your haste, not even your DPS. You won't even notice it, fight to fight RNG will be larger than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Woah, AT won't reset buffs? Ive missed out a lot xD I need to look up some WoD patch notes. My bad x). Im gonna go troll male after all i guess ^^ Looks the coolest
    Thanks all for the contribution/help. Sorry to dump my homework on you :c

Woah, AT won't reset buffs? Ive missed out a lot xD I need to look up some WoD patch notes. My bad x). Im gonna go troll male after all i guess ^^ Looks the coolest
    Thanks all for the contribution/help. Sorry to dump my homework on you :c
    It's a talent now, and it replaced Temporal Shield.

http://wod.wowhead.com/talent#m!| I'd recommend checking that out. Shows our perks, talents, and spells on a per-spec basis.

It's okay; at least you did some of it :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll close the thread now since it started deviating. It's really a good idea to read through all of the patch notes on battle.net and then get back to us if you have more questions. We don't have the answers to racial questions either
    My magic will tear you apart.