Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shtanky View Post

A side benefit to doing this now is that people can essentially audition for a Mythic spot in WoD, as yes we'd be paring from 33 to ~26 for Mythic. We intend on having a 2nd Flex Normal/Heroic team in WoD, as we'll most likely have 5-10 players returning in WoD.

We can't "do nothing". Teams are cancelling raids due to summer/attrition and recruitment isn't able to keep pace.
    i can certaily see why u think its a good idea - but if u think that u wont have rooster problems just cause u go 25 u are so mistaken - especially when people see regress not progress

at the end of the day its all about if u are close enough to withstand it without loosing to many good geared players who probably are aproached constantly by other higher progressed 25 hc guilds which maybe finished 14/14 hc already and suffer from the same summer absence problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    This is going to tear your guild apart, you can't throw people of different skill levels together. The 11/14H people are going to get mighty pissed off that they then have to reprogress with less skilled players and if you do get up to Siegecrafter if the 11/14 people couldn't do it then the 2/14h people sure aren't going to be able to do it.
    This times 10,000.

Let's pretend you (the OP) are in the 11/14 segment, you can't tell me you wouldn't get pissed off when those people who are 2/14 can't grasp heroic mechanics/pressure. That right there will tear your good people from your guild and it's not a simple matter of "we can just replace them" or "we can just replace the crap players" either. It's something you'd have to have already started doing, and continue to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i can certaily see why u think its a good idea - but if u think that u wont have rooster problems just cause u go 25 u are so mistaken - especially when people see regress not progress

at the end of the day its all about if u are close enough to withstand it without loosing to many good geared players who probably are aproached constantly by other higher progressed 25 hc guilds which maybe finished 14/14 hc already and suffer from the same summer absence problems.
    I don't know what server you are on but I definitely don't approach 11/14h 10m players for our 25m roster. It's two completely different realms.

I don't think so.

Thank you to all who replied, especially the links to other threads where 10 > 25 was discussed. We were able to handle some of the nuances, and had an excellent first week. 8 bosses down, with both Malkorok and Spoils on the verge of kills. Should be able to get 10/14h this week.

- The 2/14h people are thrilled with the new kills and influx of Heroic + Heroic WF gear
    - The 11/14h people are thrilled things went as smoothly as they did, and also like seeing the sheer volume of WF gear upgrades
    - After almost a year in SoO, everyone feels a bit rejuvenated with the new dynamics

All in all Week 1 was a solid success. If other guilds are contemplating something similar, the foreshadowing of certain guild implosion seems a bit overblown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to hear it and hopefully you have continued success in the coming weeks. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Shtanky View Post
    Thank you to all who replied, especially the links to other threads where 10 > 25 was discussed. We were able to handle some of the nuances, and had an excellent first week. 8 bosses down, with both Malkorok and Spoils on the verge of kills. Should be able to get 10/14h this week.

- The 2/14h people are thrilled with the new kills and influx of Heroic + Heroic WF gear
    - The 11/14h people are thrilled things went as smoothly as they did, and also like seeing the sheer volume of WF gear upgrades
    - After almost a year in SoO, everyone feels a bit rejuvenated with the new dynamics

All in all Week 1 was a solid success. If other guilds are contemplating something similar, the foreshadowing of certain guild implosion seems a bit overblown.
    Glad to hear that you guild is happy with the merge and is doing well. Just remember to stay on top of any potential issues and keep ahead of some of your growing pains and it seems like it'll work for you.