free-boosting a warlock, what should I know to make a good decision?

So, backstory....
    I main tanks. Im judging between Warrior, Warlock, and Mage. So far the tank in me wants to boost a warrior, but another part of me wants to do something different. I leveled a priest to 90 in like a week or two it feels, which was okay...except for the fact that I havent touched the toon since I took it in ToES and said I got outhealed by someone in pvp gear. But I leveled shadow. And I played Shadow. And I was told spriest and warlock are kiiiiiiinda similar, but I dont know how similar. Is it comparing a frost dk to unholy dk, or arms warrior to enh shaman? All are melee!

That said, how can I tell if warlock is a good fit?

I was redirected to here from GD...I hope this doesnt get closed. If it does, can someone point me in the right direction for opinions
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Nobody can tell you what you'll like. If you ask "Are warlocks worth playing?" in a forum filled with people who play warlocks, you're generally only going to hear "Yes".

Fun is subjective, for me the funnest class is Warlock and the dullest classes are Resto Shaman and Hunters while for some it is the other way around.
    If I were in your place, I first suggest to look at the level 100 talents of all the classes and then make a decision.

PS: Prot Warrs will be able to do equal or near the dps of the other dps classes in the game, if you like to hold a shield and do some nice dps Roman Style
    "It is always darkest just before the dawn " ~Thomas Fuller

Deleted
    I found warlocks the most fun to level. Easy and fast way of pulling mobs and able to take >10 of them.
    I used my free boost on a class that I did want on max level, but was bored with the leveling itself. Namely a druid. I already had 3 max druids. Just not one on my current main server.

So I'd say use the boost on a class that you don't really want to level but still want!

I'm probably going to switch to Warlock when WoD is released. I main a Hunter.

To play Warlock you have to not mind being on an up and down roller coaster every patch.

What's your objective for character boost:
    See if you want to play a different class/same role in WoD - Boost the Warrior
    See if you want to play a different class/different role in WoD - Warlock is a good choice
    Just entertain yourself until WoD - Warlock is as good a choice as any

...the real question is whether you enjoy ranged or melee better. I HATE playing melee...boosting a melee class for me would be a waste. What did you like/dislike about the priest? There are a lot of inherent similarities with all ranged classes. I'd say the difference between a Warlock and a Priest or Hunter is much more nuanced than between a Warlock and a Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    What's your objective for character boost:
    See if you want to play a different class/same role in WoD - Boost the Warrior
    See if you want to play a different class/different role in WoD - Warlock is a good choice
    Just entertain yourself until WoD - Warlock is as good a choice as any

...the real question is whether you enjoy ranged or melee better. I HATE playing melee...boosting a melee class for me would be a waste. What did you like/dislike about the priest? There are a lot of inherent similarities with all ranged classes. I'd say the difference between a Warlock and a Priest or Hunter is much more nuanced than between a Warlock and a Warrior.

I think I like tanking, but I always want something a little bit more. But I also thought I liked my spriest, until I hit around 85 and wasnt facerolling anything with looms.

I just want to entertain myself I guess, with the possibility of perhaps finding a cool class to main. I will miss my tank queue times

Also, what will make prot warriors so strong in dps come WoD?

And lastly, why look at level 100 talents? To be completely honest, out of my DK and Priest, most level 90 talents are kinda lame, in the sense that they are all suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper niche. Where DKs would take Purgatory, because its a get out of jail free card.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, how was leveling? It seems balls slow 1-6, but I feel like once I get 10 it'll be good.
    I was told it's stupid fast, but specifically, how was 85-90?
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Deleted
    One thing you should know, Blizzard are very good at ruining our class with one patch
    Hero to Zero

Can you give examples? I feel like the paladin was ruined with Holy Power but thats my opinion
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'