Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    This just isn't true tbh. PW:B is far more niche than Hymn, since it covers a tiny area and needs the entire raid to be stacked up to be effective. And it's unlikely that all the bosses will need you to be stacked when large damage is going out, meaning Hymn will be significantly better in those encounters. Not to mention it gives +10% healing buff.

Thats why i said potential and not just straight up better. Im the first one to admit im wrong if thats the case, after healing soo with 99% absorbs for a year almost, its hard to visualize whats going to be good and whats not.

Its easier for the whole raid to get use of a divine hymn, since they dont really need to do anything, but if the raid is in a position where barrier works. Barrier will (almost) always be the best choice.

And it's unlikely that all the bosses will need you to be stacked when large damage is going out
    All? prolly not ALL. Many or even Most? Definitely.

Just look at SoO - i'd say at least 9 bosses have heavy damage where the raid can (and usually should) be easily stacked making PW: Barrier highly useful.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've not had much xp on beta yet on my holy priest (Didn't even want to try disc, heard bad things) and I like the play style, back to actual "healing" is great. Few possible bugs to sort out though (tooltip or otherwise) especially regarding Serendipity not affecting Clarity of Purpose and Divine Insight proccing off of Heal (Which I hope is intentional)

But yeah, keeping renews up, throwing PoM's that zip around targets like lightning and having quite a few decent abilities make it very interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I've not had much xp on beta yet on my holy priest (Didn't even want to try disc, heard bad things) and I like the play style, back to actual "healing" is great. Few possible bugs to sort out though (tooltip or otherwise) especially regarding Serendipity not affecting Clarity of Purpose and Divine Insight proccing off of Heal (Which I hope is intentional)

But yeah, keeping renews up, throwing PoM's that zip around targets like lightning and having quite a few decent abilities make it very interesting.
    Greater Heal was renamed heal, so it is intentional that DI procs from it.

I'm sure I read that serendipity was supposed to function with CoP, but that was before the other changes - I'm not sure if they reverted that decision.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Based on tonight's raid test, PoM is a very small component of healing. Even when two PoM talents were used as Holy, it was low. Still need to get all the addons to work since the default UI provides no indication of a DI proc. Only had 3 quick attempts on Gruul before testing ended. PoH is a mana hog. CoH a bit less so. I should have used CoP on that fight but after finally getting into the instance test was almost over.

As for the damage pattern, it had it all. Damage burst, damage aura, and periods of everyone at 100%. Didn't really feel like triage to me, but the boss was probably tuned harder and I was in a pug with no real coordination or communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Still need to get all the addons to work since the default UI provides no indication of a DI proc.
    I have a blue thingy on the upper middle of my screen pop up when DI procs

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Based on tonight's raid test, PoM is a very small component of healing. Even when two PoM talents were used as Holy, it was low. Still need to get all the addons to work since the default UI provides no indication of a DI proc. Only had 3 quick attempts on Gruul before testing ended. PoH is a mana hog. CoH a bit less so. I should have used CoP on that fight but after finally getting into the instance test was almost over.

As for the damage pattern, it had it all. Damage burst, damage aura, and periods of everyone at 100%. Didn't really feel like triage to me, but the boss was probably tuned harder and I was in a pug with no real coordination or communication.
    I'm curious. What was the healing breakdown of your PoM? Was only running WoM in our group of 16 and had it doing 5-10% of my healing, though very little (<5%) overhealing.

Deleted
    Clarity of Purpose is pretty great as disc in haste/mastery gear/food/flask. It´s actually pretty effective in a raid to just tab through 20 people all the time without using any other spells, which is kind of sad -.-
    I´m sure they´ll tweak it before it goes live otherwise it´ll be Icc all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I have a blue thingy on the upper middle of my screen pop up when DI procs
    They did mention they'd use the Serendipity effect for Divine Insight. Serendipity basically had no point in having an effect, since it always procced on FH/BH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

They did mention they'd use the Serendipity effect for Divine Insight. Serendipity basically had no point in having an effect, since it always procced on FH/BH.
    Yeah, it's that exact effect. Serendipity now just has text pop up that tells you you got it.

My impressions from healing H-UBRS tonight on the beta with some guildies. My experience is as a 14/14H hunter who may think about switching to disc for WoD. I started hunter in Firelands, before that I was an spriest/healer from Vanilla through T14, so not unfamiliar with the class. Priest has always been my main alt. Using a level 100 premade in the 660 pvp gear, scaled down to 620 for heroic:

Disc perspective:
    We breezed through the instance, for the most part. CoW was stacking 45k-50k shields (compared to about 25k PW:S), and I could basically spam it when I could stand still and never run OOM. On the first fight with the lightning conduits, I had to flash a whole lot and I was a nub and not using Divine Purpose so I went near-OOM but it was manageable with proper coordination.

Add boss was a joke. I spent most of it atonement healing and occasionally spot healing.

Bridge boss, interesting. Lots of movement at certain parts, but pre-stacking SS helped, so did pre-stacking CoW and then shielding through it.

Last boss: total clusterfuck. Couldn't manage it because I was still a nub and specced into Mindbender out of habit. Might possibly be better with flash heal spam + free flashes, but probably would go OOM long before the boss died. Went looking for videos about this boss as disc. Could find none. All videos with rdruids, one with a monk, one with a paladin where everyone died and the blood DK soloed the last part of the boss. Simply not enough throughput for this boss at all. DStar hits for 2k non-crit, holy nova 2.5k non-crit. Don't have much time to stand still from p2 onwards, and if you stand on adds, you get cleave-knocked back, and if you stand far away, you get gripped in, usually into/through fire, so GG casting. Unable to CoW, could plan a SS before the phase, basically it was shield every 8s and hope you could make it through without people getting knocked into fire. DStar/holy nova are a joke. No solutions for this fight, tomorrow we'll probably try it with me flash spamming and hoping for timely flash procs and maybe even speccing into WoM for free PoMs during that phase. Maybe Saving Grace would be useful there, idk. Or I'll just go holy.

Largely agree with most of what's being said in this thread - atonement healing blows, but you have to keep up archangel to do anything. Trying to stack evangelism feels like a penalty, I fall behind during it if there's any sort of consistent damage (first boss), and once I pop it, I get my 100% crit PoH off and then lol flash. I know instants are supposed to be nerfed because mobility is bad, but I might seriously unbind divine star and holy nova. They have no place healing for <1% of a player's health pool.

As I'm from the same guild as Appro..and as a man of little words most of the time.
    Since the middle of WotLK I've experienced Disc been the go to spec for PvE. I'm more then glad to see Holy take back it role in PvE and hope it stays this way.

Disc Priests have been close to the hardest class of healers to balance for PvP and PvE since they share most of the same talent pools as Holy yet perform in the most different ways.

I agree that overall top tier talents need a buff and that also Disc Priests don't have a great throughput, it's only early days and your feedback is key to Blizz on making it closer to viable again.
    Last edited by Clearea; 2014-07-23 at 04:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Celestalon has said that they haven't gone through much of the tuning phase, so numbers on stuff like Holy Nova and Divine Star are likely to come up IMO. Of course, that makes it pretty hard to test disc's "style," if the tools aren't currently good enough to complete the encounter.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.