Ashran on under populated server

Hi all.

As tytle, will i be able to group with people from other servers?

Will ashran be server o battlegroup capped?

15+ Year Old Account
    It will autofill to 100 vs 100 in ashram itself. That coalescing doesn't happen for the "capitals" on the outskirts. So you shouldn't have any problem finding people to fight with and fight against.

Im from Eu, so i'll find random people from all eu/russian servers?
    Any chance to create a 10/40 char premade of my guild? Is a solo queue like tb o wg?

( thank u btw, most kind of you)
    Last edited by Juther; 2014-07-18 at 08:02 AM.

I suspect that Ashran will be chronically imbalanced in certain regions. Hopefully, not to the point where it becomes completely un-enjoyable for one side.

Blizzard COULD implement buffs for the underpopulated side, or add mechanics that favor the underpopulated side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    I suspect that Ashran will be chronically imbalanced in certain regions. Hopefully, not to the point where it becomes completely un-enjoyable for one side.

Blizzard COULD implement buffs for the underpopulated side, or add mechanics that favor the underpopulated side.
    They mentioned that it would be cross-realm so that won't happen.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Btw the queue is always solo?
    (Or simply There is No queue?)

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    They mentioned that it would be cross-realm so that won't happen.
    If you think there will always be enough players available in a region to fill up both factions of Ashran you are mistaken.

If you think there will always be enough players available in a region to fill up both factions of Ashran you are mistaken.
    I don't think you understand what a region is or that people will be brought from a crap ton of realms to try and fill it as best as it can. If you're trying to tell me there isn't 100 people on one faction trying to play spread out over dozens of realms you are mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I don't think you understand what a region is or that people will be brought from a crap ton of realms to try and fill it as best as it can. If you're trying to tell me there isn't 100 people on one faction trying to play spread out over dozens of realms you are mistaken.
    You let me know how many 100v100 Ashrans you experience at 3AM Thursday 3 months after WoD drops.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'll cross-realm until it balances to 100V100.

So if your server has 300 Ally, 100 Horde, it'll move those 200 extra Ally in with other servers to balance. Same goes if you're Horde-dominated.

If your server has 50 Ally, 50 Horde, it'll bring in 50 of each faction from other servers.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

You let me know how many 100v100 Ashrans you experience at 3AM Thursday 3 months after WoD drops.
    Probably a lot, thats like Oceanic prime time

I suspect Ashran is driving a lot of Blizzard's current attempts to balance the factions in battlegroups via free faction transfers. Whilst they know they can't fix the imbalance on PvP realms they have to be pretty worried about Ashran turning into a hordefest all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juther View Post
    Im from Eu, so i'll find random people from all eu/russian servers?
    Any chance to create a 10/40 char premade of my guild? Is a solo queue like tb o wg?

( thank u btw, most kind of you)
    Ashran is open world. You cannot queue for it and you cannot make premades, any more than you can make a raid group and go in that way at least. It's not like Tol Barad.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradyne View Post
    I suspect Ashran is driving a lot of Blizzard's current attempts to balance the factions in battlegroups via free faction transfers. Whilst they know they can't fix the imbalance on PvP realms they have to be pretty worried about Ashran turning into a hordefest all the time.
    PvP realms will never be automatically cross-realmed with PvE realms. So, there will be the other problem, of Alliance outnumbering Horde on the PvE realms, especially if they continue to separate PvE and RP-PvE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Probably a lot, thats like Oceanic prime time
    Oceanic servers are not cross-realmed with continental US realms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Ashran is open world. You cannot queue for it and you cannot make premades, any more than you can make a raid group and go in that way at least. It's not like Tol Barad.
    You can absolutely enter it with premade groups, which if the cross-realming system continues to work as it has so far, will absolutely keep that group together in that realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradyne View Post
    Technically, it will be an Alliancefest on EU realms since they imballanced the other way, but... yeah. I think partly they are also running an experiment with those to find out how many people *actually* want world PvP, and how many just want the pretence of it so they can gank lowbies and have non-CRZ max level PvE content without CRZ on imballanced realms so there is no meaningful threat.

eg: if you actually like world PvP, use those free xfers to get on the minority side, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc they can, it takes them 1min to get 40v40 AV going, Ashran will have no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?