[Frost] HC Garrosh 10m Help

My guild is currently working on heroic garrosh 10m and we've got about 175ish pulls under our belts now starting to get to the p3 burn and i feel like we're getting close to a kill.
    I'm just wondering if there is anything i can do to squeeze out even the slightest bit more dps.
    When we come out of temple of jade serpent i usually have ~1min on the ICD on bindings and IV, MI, and AT are off cd should i use them right away or wait for the bindings proc.
    also logs from our most recent attempts
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DNF14ZQGwgRWmPjh/ (we cleared it on normal at the end of the night)
    and armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zerah/advanced
    Last edited by Zerah; 2014-07-18 at 06:15 PM.

Looking back at my logs for our kill it looks like I used AT+CDs right when they came off cooldown. Doing this I did not have them up for P3 burn, but with the amount of dps we had in our group at that point it wasn't needed. We even pushed Garrosh to P3 before 2nd intermission. Doing this I have AT+CDs up for P4 and I use them right after the first malice is over.

One tip I have is to dot up the desecrated weapons. I assume you get FoF procs from the bombs. Which will increase your singletarget dps. (I'm not so familiar with frost)
    This is what I did to fish for missile procs as arcane.
    Also if you are not doing it already, try to snapshot your bombs. I use Affdots: Mage to do this (very helpful addon).

Here is logs for our kill if you are interested in comparing CD usage.
    Hope this helps a bit. Even though my logs are for arcane.

thanks for the feedback, we too are pushing him into p3 before 2nd transition, good to know how cds will line up.

Deleted
    When we were doing it 10 man we had everyone save their 3 minute cds for after 2nd mc regardless of trinket procs etc. If you get mc'd with everything up including trinkets it's likely to be a much larger dps loss than having your cds (minus PBI) up without being mced

Quote Originally Posted by AndreasDS View Post
    So you play frost, and you got feedback from an arcane mage? Lets see if I can bring something to the table as a fire mage.
    So you are giving him info for fire while he's playing frost? Pretty helpful.....

Is there a reason why you play as frost on garrosh? Because I'd say fire is quite nice on that fight and you have the gear for it as well.
    It doesn't matter what spec you play, boss damage will be similar between the 3.

I seem to recall a tweet some months back stating that multidotting with bombs does NOT give you an increased chance at FoF. Only the most recent bomb triggers it. Can't remember if it was specific to NT or if it included LvB as well. Couldn't find anything on google, but should be worth testing on dummies at the very least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    I seem to recall a tweet some months back stating that multidotting with bombs does NOT give you an increased chance at FoF. Only the most recent bomb triggers it. Can't remember if it was specific to NT or if it included LvB as well. Couldn't find anything on google, but should be worth testing on dummies at the very least.
    It's BF, not FoF, and it's in the tooltip that only the most recently applied dot can trigger it.

don't dot the weapon and don't snapshot bombs(http://altered-time.com/forum/viewto...6b4e1224d3103c)

just burn garrosh 100% of the time. I don't even switch to MC's (splitting ice). only exception is the empowered whirling adds and empowered MCs.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    During our progression I found it best to line up IV and Bindings procs together. Your first proc will be on the pull (obviously), the second will occur during the first intermission when IV is still down. The third will happen somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-60s before the second intermission, where I recommend you stack IV with it along with AT. I personally wait on AT until PBoI has 6 seconds left hoping for a KTT proc so I can get an extra 6 seconds on both. If it doesn't seem like that's going to work out start pooling procs at ~10 seconds left on PBoI that way you have them going into AT and can double up. Moving on you may or may not get another good opportunity to IV during P3, however on our pulls I believe PBoI was up for the beginning and end of P3 (we sat in the back during intermission 2). The proc towards the end is the one that will sync up with IV, since it will still be down from P2. I recommend saving this for the next proc in P4 which should happen shortly after the first bombardment phase.

After using Frozen Orb on the adds at the start save it for intermission 1 to help out on add damage. From there on make your best effort to use it on cooldown; but make sure it's up for the adds in intermission 2 if you are doing that normally. MI will be up shortly after leaving the first intermission if you used it on the pull (you should be) and will definitely be up after exiting the second intermission. If you are doing the second intermission normally you may want to make sure MI is up for that and AE the adds on your way up. If not pop this immediately when you land.

Before you kill the adds in each intermission Garrosh is immune to damage, so if you have to choose between refreshing your bomb or Frostbolting with only a few seconds before transition Frostboly is likely the stronger option. You can at Garrosh while he's pulling you up, so you can use this time to dump procs or Fireblast if you have nothing else.

With the number of attempts that this boss takes you can really time out all of your abilities. Try to remember specifically where abilities come off cooldown and when you need to react to mechanics in order to maximize uptime on the boss. Outside of being pulled into intermision and waiting for P4 to start there is no real downtime, so make sure that your uptimes are as perfect as can be.

If you're placing the Descecrates (which is generally pretty sub optimal for Frost) you might want to consider glyphing for the extra Blink if you're not already.

Killed as frost Mage: line up procs with cooldowns and avoid phase 2 intermission. This allows tanks and healers to have more cooldowns for phase 3 which will make it much easier for the raid as a whole, even if you have slightly lower Dps. You will usually use on second or third weapon after first intermission and with that timing you can have them up in phase 4.

One tip, you can use water elementals freeze on non empowered mind controls for 2 free fof charges. Can be helpful for lining up the cooldowns and trinkets.
    Last edited by Txiv; 2014-07-23 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    We somehow need our CDs in first intermission, so we just wait through second intermission to have the CDs back up in p3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasDS View Post
    Is there a reason why you play as frost on garrosh? Because I'd say fire is quite nice on that fight and you have the gear for it as well.
    fire on 10m? i don't know man frost i pretty op for Jeade serpent and that was our biggest problem on altrun, but we had a bit lower gear few month back