[Feral] New 2pc & 4pc set bonus for PvP

Item - Druid WoD PvP Feral 2P Bonus (New) Interrupting a spell with Skull Bash resets the cooldown of Tiger's Fury.
    Item - Druid WoD PvP Feral 4P Bonus Shred critical strikes cause Bloodletting on the target. Bloodletting increases all bleed damage taken by 10% for 6 sec. causes the target to take 10% increased damage from your bleed effects for 6 sec.
    Looks like we're losing our runspeed 2pc bonus for Feral pvp. This is something I'm extremely unhappy with. I enjoy being fast, and the mobility we have. It's one of the reasons I love the spec.
    Now before Hullaballoo/Kraineth/Tinder and the rest jump in, I'm already well aware that this is probably (nothing official mentioned yet) a result of reducing melee mobility since casters are being made more stationary. However, I still do not like it and honestly it's not a matter of relative strength in pvp. It's more about the playstyle.

Someone recently said that if one is playing Wow for the gameplay aspects of the class, don't expect to get used to things because of how drastically it's changing from the original concept of the respective class. I fear that this might be true. While the new set bonus seems like it has a lot of potential I'd much rather have the old one back.

Just my humble opinion.

PvP set bonuses are being made into actual damage boosting bonuses now. The run speed going isn't really a change worth talking about because PvP set bonuses were really never set bonuses and were more "things we don't want passive but are necessary for PvP balance". With seemingly a lot more focus put into PvP balancing this expansion it's a good design change. If you liked the movement speed just because you liked how it felt then it's really just tough shit, sometimes changes have to be made for the better of the game, EG: Nitro Boosts.

No complaints about the 2/4 pc here. I actually don't mind the bear 2/4 pc either. Might just have to pvp on the druid next season, or rather return to pvp in generally because mop pvp was just dull.

Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    No complaints about the 2/4 pc here. I actually don't mind the bear 2/4 pc either. Might just have to pvp on the druid next season, or rather return to pvp in generally because mop pvp was just dull.
    Thanks for your feedback. Good to see it from another point of view. The proposed 2pc is actually strong enough to be a 4pc if they return the speed. Or heck, just make the perk a larger percentage.

Well, they are pruning everything, to have the game a bit.. hm.. cleaner and slower, less CCs etc, so they also had to remove mobility.
    Feral/Warr/Monks are, as far as I know, for this moment still the best classes with mobility. Even rogues suck more than those classes.

I am just curious about Retris ability Empatience.

As for the set bonuses - They are strong. And I like to have different specs involved into the PvP game.
    Reseting Your Tiger's Fury will give You another burst option, but I like something more passive - just like the 4P is, however 6 sec is kinda low, gonna go for Crit stats!

Remeber, it's still beta and Blizzard said that is not final design. They will change a lot.
    I am afraid that we will have again FotM in WoD... just like DKs in the past

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Bonus move speed in cat form is a lvlup perk in WoD.
    Last edited by Dandeleon; 2014-07-20 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandeleon View Post
    Bonus move speed in cat form is a lvlup perk in WoD.
    Only 5% iirc.

Feral cats already have a 25% boost (30 with perk if its 5%) i thin going 30% faster then most classes is already enough. the 2set seems very OP.. if it dont have a CD you get tigers fury every 15secs give or take. I like how blizzard is focusing more on PVP this Xpack instead of just ignoreing it till the game is life then having issues fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Feral cats already have a 25% boost (30 with perk if its 5%) i thin going 30% faster then most classes is already enough. the 2set seems very OP..
    In live, given the Feral and other classes' toolkit it actually isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    if it dont have a CD you get tigers fury every 15secs give or take. I like how blizzard is focusing more on PVP this Xpack instead of just ignoreing it till the game is life then having issues fixing it.

If we see an overall mobility reduction it should be fine. Currently on beta melee are having the upper hand, but all mobility needs to be toned down. Priest feathers for e.g.

They need to reduce everyones mobility, not just Feral's. With WoD speeds being additive and the loss of the 2pc this is how it's shaping up. Numbers copy/pasted from US forums:
    Druid, Feral:
    Cat Form perk: 5%
    Cat Form speed: 25%
    Boot Enchant: 10%

Rogue:
    Fleet Footed: 15%
    Burst of Speed: 70% (Essentially spammable)

Death Knight:
    Unholy Presence: 15%

Hunter:
    Aspect of the Cheetah: 30%

Mage:

WW Monk:
    Stance of the Fierce Tiger: 10%

Ret Paladin:
    Pursuit of Justice: 15-30%, Holy Power Dependent

Priest:
    Angelic Feather: 60% (100% uptime)

Enhancement Shaman, Warlock, and Warrior

Totals:
    Rogue: 195%
    Priest: 170%
    Ret Paladin: 140%
    Druid, Feral: 140%
    Hunter: 140%

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    They need to reduce everyones mobility, not just Feral's. With WoD speeds being additive and the loss of the 2pc this is how it's shaping up. Numbers copy/pasted from US forums:
    Angelic Feathers is not 100% uptime. That is objectively false.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Angelic Feathers is not 100% uptime. That is objectively false.
    Still not something priests should have. In general mobility will need to be be (and will be) gutted.

After some thought I think the 2pc is actually a bit lackluster. Not every class is casting a spell which makes the 2pc not valuable against those classes. A set bonus shouldn't be devalued based on the class you're fighting. For e.g. look at Arms Warriors:
    Item - Warrior WoD PvP Arms 2P Bonus - When you use Charge, the critical strike chance of your next Mortal Strike is increased by 50%.
    It would be better if we either had something else and have the speed boost levelling perk increased from 5% to another number, or just bring the 2pc bonus for the speed boost back in.

You have 140% total speed but you also have 100% immunity to Poly/Hex, and you can clear roots/snares/slows baseline,without a mana/energy/rage cost, without CD and on demand, something no other melee has.

Priests also do not have a 100% uptime on feathers, and in order to satisfy the reduced mobility across the board they reduced feathers from 80% to 60% which is pretty big. And to be fair, casters are going to have to hardcast a lot more so it's fine them to retain some of that mobility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    You have 140% total speed but you also have 100% immunity to Poly/Hex, and you can clear roots/snares/slows baseline,without a mana/energy/rage cost, without CD and on demand, something no other melee has.

Priests also do not have a 100% uptime on feathers, and in order to satisfy the reduced mobility across the board they reduced feathers from 80% to 60% which is pretty big. And to be fair, casters are going to have to hardcast a lot more so it's fine them to retain some of that mobility.
    There actually is a mana cost associated with shifting to clear roots/snares, but they could stand to increase the cost and make it more thoughtful. Feral needs to be a mobile spec, but their damage needs to be tuned to compensate for their high time on target. In a pve scenario this would need some balancing or feral dmg would be too low in pve.

Priests don't need anything more than 60% mobility and the bigger problem for casters is that some melee specs have too many interrupts and ways to lock down casting. Mobility does need to be brought down across the board, but Feral should keep its 2pc and be balanced around high mobility.