Fishing Skill worth anything in WoD?

Just as the title says! I have a lot of time to kill till WoD (Well we all do XD ) and i'm curious if fishing skill will actually have a use unlike now. Is it worth farming things like Pagle's hat from rep and what not?

| Signature by: Elyssia | Shaman | Priest |Druid |

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was it ever useful? I mean I like fishing and I leveled it with great enjoyment, but it was always the most random profession in a war-environment.

I made a small fortune fishing in Cata because the feasts raiders used required 3 types of fish, one of which you couldn't get from pools. Fish aren't worth diddly in Mists. I'm hoping fishing makes a comeback in Warlords.

These are the changes we know about to fishing: http://www.elsanglin.com/fish/?s=WoD

Fishing will always be useful for gathering fish, obviously. In mists fishing was less profitable because we were able to buy sacks of fish from ironpaw tokens and they weren't as necessary for feasts as there were other ways to gather the foods required, and just everything about the way the mats were gathered and who needs them. I don't think we are capable of knowing how valuable fish will be and how profitable fishing will be in WoD until the expansion actually comes out. And that value will vary per server.

So, how about that fishing update?...

i can tell you when fishing was usefull : lurker

dont thank me

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    i can tell you when fishing was usefull : lurker

dont thank me
    and Stonescale Eels, don't forget the Eels

Deleted
    update it with dynamite! and fishing will be fun again.

Fishing exists for a few rare drops, cooking mats and maybe mats for a few other crafting recipes. Most stuff however comes from pools. You don't need any skill to fish in pools. You only need it if you want to fish something outside of pools, which rarely happens as it stands. There's no real point building the skill up, it's more like an optional thing you could do when bored, to complete your character, or when required for specific goals you pursue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I still don't understand the insane grind for Nat Pagle and his worthless heirloom fishing tome that gives alts max skill, considering the skill means shit.
    Well that's basically why the tome exists. You know you don't need something when Blizzard gives it out for free.

But honestly, the grind isn't anywhere near insane when compared to others. 10 minutes per day on average and you're done pretty quickly. That's doable, and you get a nice little chair to set up in the evening sun in front of the gates of Orgrimmar with the Iron Juggernaut in the back and an ice-cooled drink by your side.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-07-23 at 10:38 PM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.