Page 1 of 3
LastLast

why no black arrow dispel protection?

can anyone thing of good arguments why blizzard never made something for BA?
    does anyone think BA will ever see some kind of dispel protection?

It really has to come for this expansion if they expect the spec to work in PvP as it is now...

Having no dispel protection was annoying for MoP but with traps reliably proccing L&L, it wasn't bad at all. When ALL of the procs are intended to come from BA, it almost needs to be undispellable for the class to function at all.

PVP has screwed over PVE so many times that I hope Black Arrow never gets dispell protection. Turn the tables for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    PVP has screwed over PVE so many times that I hope Black Arrow never gets dispell protection. Turn the tables for once.
    This baffles my mind. What does this have to do with PvE at all. Can you please stop posting on anything beta related because you clearly have no idea how this game works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    This baffles my mind. What does this have to do with PvE at all. Can you please stop posting on anything beta related because you clearly have no idea how this game works.
    He means that useful PvE abilities have often been neutered because of their exceptional PvP side effects, so he hopes that Black Arrow doesn't get dispel protection simply out of spite even though dispel protection has absolutely no bearing on PvE.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a simple fix that they can bake into Black Arrow:

"If dispelled, the dispeller instantly dies."

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Black Arrow
    35 Focus, 40 yd range
    Instant cast, 30 sec cooldown
    Requires Hunter (Survival) Level 50
    Requires Ranged Weapon

Fires a Black Arrow at the target, dealing (141.6% of Attack power) damage as shadow over 18 sec. If Black Arrow is dispelled, the effect jumps to another nearby hostile target for the remainder of its duration.

When your Black Arrow multistrikes, you gain 1 stack of Lock and Load. Lock and Load causes your next Explosive Shot to trigger no cooldown. Max 5 stacks.

Just make it so that if dispelled, the hunter gains 2 stacks of LnL.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post

It's an issue that needs to be fixed and that's all there is to it.

Black Arrow grants 3 charges of Lock and Load when dispelled. Done.

It's going to be necessary with the current model of Lock and Load solely triggered by BA MS.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-07-18 at 10:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Maybe give black arrow some meaningful damage outside of proccing L&L

Quote Originally Posted by jSewell View Post
    It does on the beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    It does on the beta.
    :3 mmmm

It's always suffered the same path as Rupture for assassination rogues, only there to do damage through another ability/passive.

This makes no difference to giving it dispel protection - infact it increases the value of hastily dispelling it.

:3 mmmm

It's always suffered the same path as Rupture for assassination rogues, only there to do damage through another ability/passive.
    Not really, since rupture isn't removable (outside of hand of protection/bubble/block anyway).

Black arrow should be non-dispellable come WoD.

I've been thinking the same. Would love for arrow to add stacks of LnL or even reset the CD. But I think it would be best for it to not be dispellable period.

Is it still going to have the same cooldown time in the next xpac? =/

Quote Originally Posted by c000 View Post
    Is it still going to have the same cooldown time in the next xpac? =/
    It's currently 18 second duration, 30 second cooldown.

The 30s CD is reduced to 24 with the trap mastery passive, as it is now.

I read a tweet from one of the blizz guys yesterday about they are adding some major glyphs to grant some some spells dispel protection. I will see if I can dig it up. (Though I recall it was that vague with no specific spells mentioned)

Edit: https://twitter.com/holinka/status/490531621460652032
    Last edited by Stalemate; 2014-07-21 at 09:11 PM.

Deleted
    I approve of this suggestion.

I still don't understand what is stopping the team to solve that issue, especially when they have so much possibilities ; making BA undispellable, removing its CD and limit its use to one target, reset the CD when the DoT gets dispelled or when the target dies, etc.