Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    Are you seriously moshing with the intent to hurt someone just because they enjoy an experience differently than you?
    It has been mentioned in here before, but as long as they're not blocking your view or decreasing the quality of your experience in any other way, why not just ignore them?

Furthermore, I don't think you're really paying attention to the band's performance when you're moshing anyway, so that gives you even less reason to do what you just wrote.

I'd expect people that also attend metal/hardcore shows to be more thoughtful, especially when you're one of the guys that moshes/stage dives.
    Yes, I do. Why? Because they are in my view. I am a very short person, so even a 6 ft person is in my view. Add in a fkn tablet, that just fkn rude beyond belief.

Because the only aspect of photography/videography your average dope understands is "megapixels" and "p".

So naturally their phone records in 1080p and can take 16 megapixel stills so it's the perfect tool for photojournalism.

I took pictures of my friend's convocation with my Samsung GS5. But only because I understood photography to the point that I knew exactly what I had to do and how many shots I would have to take just to get 1 decent photo. But I also own an SLR camera and have multiple tools for things I actually want a good photo of. (Just wasn't in the mood to haul my kit around on the bus that day)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    How else are they going to post it on their social media later and prove how awesome they are and what amazing stuff they do.
    This is all there is to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    ya its a pet peeve as well, like no emotion, no one dancing or jumping or anything the crowd ends up just looking like a dead crowd. i wonder what the musicians think as well, when they are giving it their all and all they see is people standing there like zombies holding up their phones.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm normally a fan of, proper, bootlegs of concerts. This is just sad and lame. People like that jackass with the ipad/tablet should just be bumped into so he drops it on the ground. If I was the guy sitting (or standing) in the row behind Ipad-dude he would be blocking my view or ruining my experience so in that case I feel it would be fine for me to ruin his.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Meh, An idiot who brings an ipad/tablet to a concert? well those people are the targets of my moshing... and many others... possibly to simply break the damn tablet, i know I am because those jackasses have them up in front of my face... and I am short.
    Next step taking your laptop only to be followed by a desktop pc with a webcam.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    It's even more rude to physically hurt someone or break their possessions because you're not capable of moving somewhere else or just politely asking them to stop blocking your view. People like you aren't welcome in moshpits or at any concert, for that matter.
    I don't know what concerts you go to but unless you stand down in the pit you usually have a numbered seat, atleast at the concerts I go to. So if you are stuck behind gigantor, and/or if you are a short person stuck behind him and he pulls up his ipad and holds it over his head then you are utterly screwed. If you ask him to put it down and he says no. What to do beyond being rude? It's not like there are roaming guards you can call and have him taken care of either.
    Last edited by looorg; 2014-07-19 at 07:04 PM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    What baffles me the most is why people care so much about what other people do or don't with their phones.

I've recorded a bit of a concert because it was like recording a nice memory. If I'm on my phone during the cinema that's probably because it's important, and certainly none of your business.
    I have no problem with capturing a few photos, just don't do it constantly that other people around you can't see the action on stage because there are so many people holding up their recording devices. Always make sure to enjoy what is happening through your eyes, and not through a device's screen.

As for the cinema, if you receive a call (Which begs the question why your phone is on when you're asked to turn it off after the trailers?), then take it outside. No-one wants to see the glare of other people's phones distracting them from the film.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I honestly don't really see a problem with it as long as your not blocking anyone's view. It's nice to look back on it years later and say "oh yeah, cool, this was that one concert I went to 5 years ago". I don't know why people are being so cynical about it. I mean you have family portraits/home videos of when you were little or when your parents got married or something at home don't you? Or do people just say "what's the point of that if you already have the memory?" Same thing applies to concerts. Some people like to capture the moment and be able to see it years down the road. It's not as fun as just being like "oh yeah I remember that" and not being able to see it again. I mean I understand the frustration of people blocking your view with their tablets and phones, I'd be pissed too but if they aren't disturbing you, what's the problem?
    Well, from a photographer/filmmaker point of view... I find it highly annoying when family members and guests are trying to get pictures of the wedding and stuff on their phones, while I, the professional being paid to get them beautiful images, is having to struggle around these folks because it is highly intrusive and degrading to the image quality.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__