Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Skills for Doom/Terrorguards and Infernals/Abyssals

I'm not sure if this is really news to other people, but since I couldn't find another thread about the topic, I'm guessing some people might not know yet.

So, the most recent build brought a few skills to our Doomguards and Infernals. Seems the MMO-Champ page didn't catch as much info as WoWhead did, so here's a link:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=241921/w...s-#hunter-pets

Well, unless the Hunter Pet bias reached insane levels, I think those are meant to be ours. Here's a list and what seems it's their intention:

• Cripple: Cripples the target, reducing movement speed by 80% for 30 sec (4 sec in PvP).
    • Debilitate: Debilitates the target, rooting them for 30 sec (4 sec in PvP). Damage caused may interrupt this effect.
    • Burning Presence (Infernal): Intimidates any target you attack, increasing your threat generation. Also increases chance to dodge and parry by 10%, and reduces physical damage taken by 20%. Auto-Cast: Always keep this effect active (Right - Click to toggle).
    • Burning Presence (Abyssal): Intimidates any target you attack, increasing your threat generation. Also increases chance to dodge and parry by 10%, and reduces all damage taken by 20%. Auto-Cast: Always keep this effect active (Right - Click to toggle).
    • Seethe: The Infernal/Abyssal taunts the target to attack it, and increases threat that it generates against the target by for 5 sec. Auto-Cast: Taunts the current target if it is not attacking the Infernal and taunts any target who attacks its master (Right - Click to toggle).
    • Meteor Strike (Infernal): The infernal releases a powerful burst of flames, dealing (100% of Spell power) Fire damage to nearby targets, and stunning them for 2 sec.
    • Meteor Strike (Abyssal): The abyssal releases a powerful burst of flames, dealing (100% of Spell power) Fire damage to nearby targets, and stunning them for 3 sec.
    • Torch Magic: Purges 1 beneficial magic effect from an enemy, or burns away 1 harmful magic effect from an ally. Auto-Cast: Use on the Infernal's current target (Right - Click to toggle).
    • Blaze Magic: Purges 1 beneficial magic effect from an enemy and 2 additional nearby enemies, or burns away 1 harmful magic effect from an ally and 2 additional nearby allies. Auto-Cast: Use on the Abyssal's current target (Right - Click to toggle).
    • Shadow Lock: Counter an enemy's spellcast, preventing any spell from that school of magic from being cast for 6 sec.

Edited in the correct tooltips. - Alarinth

I must say that, if this really goes live, I might actually come back in WoD. It would be nice to say our demons are powerful for a change, which is expected from a lvl 100 talent.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-07-19 at 03:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiria View Post
    I'm not sure if this is really news to other people, but since I couldn't find another thread about the topic, I'm guessing some people might not know yet.

So, the most recent build brought a few skills to our Doomguards and Infernals. Seems the MMO-Champ page didn't catch as much info as WoWhead did, so here's a link:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=241921/w...s-#hunter-pets

Well, unless the Hunter Pet bias reached insane levels, I think those are meant to be ours. Here's a list and what seems it's their intention:

Cripple: Slow, probably for our Doomguards.
    Debilitate: Root, probably a buff to Cripple on our Terrorguards.
    Burning Presence: It's an aggro aura, much like our Voidlord and Wrathguard ones. Seems our Infernals and Abyssals will be able to be tanky (yay!).
    Seethe: Taunt for out Infernals.
    Meteor Strike: Y'know what this does.
    Torch Magic: Purges a magic debuff from an ally and a magic buff from an enemy.
    Blaze Magic: Buffed version, 3 magic buffs from 3 enemies and 3 magic debuffs from 3 allies.
    Shadow Lock: Interrupt. Probably from Doomguard/Terrorguards. (Another yay!)

I must say that, if this really goes live, I might actually come back in WoD. It would be nice to say our demons are powerful for a change, which is expected from a lvl 100 talent.
    Confirming these, so you don't have to keep the 'Probably's.

For those that aren't sure what meteor strike is, and don't want to click link, 1m CD 2s AoE stun around the infernal that does a small amount of AoE damage.

Overall the only thing I'm not really happy with is that Debilitate is a root, in a lot of cases a slow is stronger then a root.

Cripple and Debilitate are channelled, something that's gone somewhat under the radar so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnin View Post
    Confirming these, so you don't have to keep the 'Probably's.

For those that aren't sure what meteor strike is, and don't want to click link, 1m CD 2s AoE stun around the infernal that does a small amount of AoE damage.

Overall the only thing I'm not really happy with is that Debilitate is a root, in a lot of cases a slow is stronger then a root.
    Does the root break on damage? Otherwise not sure why it wouldn't be stronger than a slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    Does the root break on damage? Otherwise not sure why it wouldn't be stronger than a slow.
    I believe it does. Which is why the slow would probably be a better option.

If Nerraw is right and it is indeed channeled, I can only hope that it won't break on damage, since it isn't going to last any longer than 4 secs in PvP. Well, with a 30 sec cd, I don't know why it must be channeled.

I supposed it's a replacement for Seduction, which is channelled also. Good thing is that it doesn't share DR with anything else we have. Bad thing is of course that the pet won't be doing anything else for the duration.

What is the range on meteor strike's stun?

I just chain casted spells the entire duration of Debilitate and it did not break the root (training dummies of course but should still break). Also not sure sometimes they can Shadow Lock while casting/channeling other spells other times they cannot.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes it does seem to break at 50% cast but not sure why its been exactly 50% could be weird AI forcing the pet to attack or it breaks on certain amount of damage like fear not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I supposed it's a replacement for Seduction, which is channelled also.
    That's my take too. In PvE it's a pet-channeled CC with no creature type restrictions, but of limited effect on ranged or caster mobs. For dungeon runs I'd say that's better than Seduction without being superior in every respect. In PvP it's a CC that doesn't cause loss of control but also doesn't DR with Fear. Again, not strictly better than Seduction, but probably as good as we'll get with the overall CC disarmament.

I did make note of them all over here, with all the finicky details.

The major interesting points are that Cripple/Debilitate are channeled, Meteor Strike is a 2s stun for the Infernal/Sac and 3s for the Abyssal with a 1m cooldown, and that the Abyssal's Blaze Magic is a targeted dispel that "cleaves" (as opposed to the Fel Imp's reticule version).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    What is the range on meteor strike's stun?
    It's a 10yd radius around the Caster. It's essentially a Tauren War Stomp with added damage.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    I did make note of them all over here, with all the finicky details.

The major interesting points are that Cripple/Debilitate are channeled, Meteor Strike is a 2s stun for the Infernal/Sac and 3s for the Abyssal with a 1m cooldown, and that the Abyssal's Blaze Magic is a targeted dispel that "cleaves" (as opposed to the Fel Imp's reticule version).
    Do you know if Debilitate root breaks with dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiria View Post
    Do you know if Debilitate root breaks with dmg?
    It says it does in the tooltip, and it does break from damage on target dummies, but I can't get to anywhere to test it on something meaningful right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    It says it does in the tooltip, and it does break from damage on target dummies, but I can't get to anywhere to test it on something meaningful right now.
    Oh, alright, ty.

Am I the only one who's a bit disappointed that the saccing of the infernal is meteor strike, personally torch magic or burning presence would of been preferred, but eh that would prolly of ended up broken

Quote Originally Posted by Munemasa View Post
    Am I the only one who's a bit disappointed that the saccing of the infernal is meteor strike, personally torch magic or burning presence would of been preferred, but eh that would prolly of ended up broken
    Does sacrifice even grant a spell to the warlock in the beta? I thought it had been changed.

That being said, I think it fits with the rest of the sacrificial abilities: the most powerful/longest-CD attack of the pet.

Torch Magic is pretty close to the Imp's sacrifice ability, so you can still sacrifice an Imp for a dispel- although I guess it'd be interesting to have the Devour Magic aspect as well.

Burning Presence is like a passive/aura, which would be kind of strange for a sacrifice skill, as they tend to be cooldowns.

If the Doomguard's sacrifice power is Shadow Lock, maybe Felhunters will have Devour Magic as theirs (to provide some distinction)?
    Last edited by Zargul; 2014-07-21 at 02:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargul View Post
    If the Doomguard's sacrifice power is Shadow Lock, maybe Felhunters will have Devour Magic as theirs (to provide some distinction)?
    Would force PvP locks into always choosing to sac a Doomguard because Shadow Lock is vastly superior to the other options, leaving cataclysm (wich is to long of a cast time anyway for it's little damage) and the other talents mostly unused in PvP.

I'm curious about something.

Right now my supremacy servitude doomguard has only 100 energy. All non servitude pets have 200 energy. Other than burst (pvp side especially, since you can spam a macro to let them go out of energy for 3 swings of their primary skill) I can't think of anything to let them stay at 100.

Bug maybe?

I hope it's not too long before they get around to tuning pet / talent numbers. Doombolt is very slow with a comparable energy cost to the much faster imp firebolt and the damage is terrible. And maybe Sac+Servitude should be weaker than other combos, but I don't think it should basically equate to not picking a level 100 talent.

I don't mind trap talents to a certain extent, but considering trap and mandatory talents are part of their stated reasoning from moving away from the old talent system in the first place ... I think there should simply be no combination of talents that literally are like not picking all your talents ... especially now that they can make spec-specific talents.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Underwhelming to say the least.