Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WOD Warlock Racials

Hey all I'm wondering min/max wise what the best racials for Locks would be for alliance and horde?

Deleted
    gnome or belf

7+ Year Old Account
    i do not Believe belf would be the best. not even for destro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarthlock View Post
    Hey all I'm wondering min/max wise what the best racials for Locks would be for alliance and horde?
    For Horde at least it still looks like Troll is best.

I'm of the impression that the new Dwarf racial looks very good.

I'm thinking of changing over from Worgen since the speed boost doesn't stack with Burning rush anymore.

Human racial looks good as well with the increase to two of your secondaries that you can choose.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Human racial looks good as well with the increase to two of your secondaries that you can choose.
    Humans get 1% Versatility.

This is like the fifth "wAts THe bEst X" post in the last week for an expansion that hasn't even finish tuning.

Enough with this, do your own research or just wait a half dozen more weeks.
    Last edited by jackvii; 2014-09-29 at 02:12 PM.

Yeah, we read.

And now were discussing what we've read and tested and speculating on what racials might be most helpful. Go have a cup of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Yeah, we read.

And now were discussing what we've read and tested and speculating on what racials might be most helpful. Go have a cup of coffee.
    We have a discussion thread, this is a 'tell me what's the best so I don't have to find out myself' thread.

To all WoD warlocks that haven't kept abreast of relevant beta news, mark your titles with 'race perk discussion' or 'secondary stat discussion' or 'pet damage discussion' and it becomes a social thread instead of a self-serving 'me me me, tell me everything'.
    Last edited by jackvii; 2014-09-29 at 02:30 PM.

Because it's a specific topic that is worth at least a little discussion.

To be fair they won't be finished tuning this expansion until well after it drops so when is alright with you to discuss things?

I'm curious if Worgens racial bonus is boosted by atunement. Even if it is it can't amount to that much.
    Dwarf is still looking good to me. Stoneform is great in PvP and +2% crit damage sounds powerful for Destro.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2014-09-29 at 02:40 PM.

horde
    BE for demo, destro, same for orcs (preferably w/o glyph of ds)
    goblins for affli (orcs are not bad as well)

alliance
    worgens for destro, demo
    dwarves for destro with charred remains (or when crit dmg > non crit dmg)
    gnomes for affli

Don't see why Orc would be worse than Belf for Destro or Demo.
    BF early xpac it's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    horde
    BE for demo, destro, same for orcs (preferably w/o glyph of ds)
    goblins for affli (orcs are not bad as well)

alliance
    worgens for destro, demo
    dwarves for destro with charred remains (or when crit dmg > non crit dmg)
    gnomes for affli
    Please don't post pure conjecture. If this is what you believe, give us good data to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Humans get 1% Versatility.
    Ah that sucks. Didnt know they changed it. Thanks a lot pal for crushing my fucking hopes and dreams of not having to have ugly hoods (worgen) or being anus high (shorties) if i play ally. (lol J/k bout the crushing hopes and dreams part)

Really I am behind the curve with the changes to racials. Last I had read that humans were able to pick two secondaries and had a bonus to them. 8(
    Last edited by xuros; 2014-09-29 at 04:58 PM.

I use whatever I think cosmetically looks the best because the difference is completely insignificant unless its something like trolls with snapshots still in the game.

If a race gave mastery I'd probably be more inclined to care, but since they give everything but mastery... meh.

I wonder how many people actually will notice any difference from WoD racials from ally.
    Horde has active ones, so it's pretty noticeable, but alliance remains basically the same.

That said, I'll stay human because:

1 - Humans are awesome.
    2 - EMFH often gives you more room to DPS and more breath to your healers.
    3 - Versatility will never be bad, and to be honest, since everyone here is focusing on PVE, 1% Versatility is better for PVPlayers, than say, 1% crit or haste.

I'm sticking with worgen while the Crit buff isn't anything spectacular the speed boost can be more beneficial allowing me to not take dmg from my talented one of spec into my dispel without the imp and still have a speed boost. As much as min/maxing is about pushing the numbers out, early in tiers it's also about assisting with various mechanics to make the raid successful.

Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    Please don't post pure conjecture. If this is what you believe, give us good data to back it up.
    lol take current simcraft and remove dot snapshotting. welcome to wod

Deleted
    Shouldnt really matter but i would go with either worgen, orc or forsaken in wod thanks to worgen 1% crit like it matters...40% speed boost and for the orc we get 35% stun duration reduction or something similar i believe? 5% more damage with pets and blood fury which is some extra spell power on a 2 min cooldown and last but not the least, we get forsaken, badass warlocks very tiny dps increase with the touch of the grave racial and will of the forsaken.
    Didn't list human here since their racial simply because emfh will get nerfed eventually, trust me.