Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I just want to get fit!

Hello guys first of all English isn't my first language so sorry for mistakes.

So my problem is I'm sitting in my ass for 3 years. I didn't go outside at all(except necessary things like buy bread or visit your friends, family etc.). And now I get tired so quickly for example today I go outside for buy a bread and then I got tired my feets hurts and I sweat so quickly(between market and my house is like 5-10 minutes). My height is 1.95 and my weight is 114. So my question is where can I start first? I tried some cardio things and I got tired quickly again and I couldnt do it anymore and I just scared for hurt my leg or something. I'm really open any suggestions guys. Thanks

Deleted
    Keep doing it. It gets better over time. If you lack the stamina it'll get better the more active you are. If you don't walk a lot your feet will hurt more quickly I guess. Try to walk some distance every day, you should see how it gets better from time to time. Just keep doing cardio, keep working out, leave the house every day for a quick walk, you'll see improvements very soon. Try to push yourself but know where your limits are. You have to know how far you can go. Don't overdo it, you'll be able to do longer workouts/cardio/everything over time. And stick to it. Make it your routine. For example I used to do cardio 3 times a week and lift weights 2 times a week. If that seems too much for you at first, that's ok, start slow, but stick to it. I guess cardio twice a week would be a good start. And try different things. For example I have trouble riding a bike, my balls will go numb when I get off the bike after I'm done.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2014-07-18 at 09:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're 6'4" and weigh 251 lbs? That's not too bad. I'd reccomend getting into bodybuilding. Gaining mass and building muscle is significantly easier when you start out as chubby rather than skinny. If all you want to do is lose weight and want to occasionally do cardio, then you have to know that diet is going to be a VERY LARGE part of it. I'm not talking about 50% or 60%, diet will be 90% of your weight loss. A good form of cardio that won't do damage to your joints is swimming. Swimming is fantastic for those who have joint issues. Hell, i'd swim for cardio... if I knew how to :[

If swimming is out of the equation, then try stationary bikes. The reason I say stationary and not a regular bike is because people tend to use momentum more when they're free riding, whereas if you're on a stationary bike, you're not likely to stop peddling out of the blue.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    With height like that you are allowed to be fat, it will just make you bigger in a positive way.

I lost about 37 american pounds eating lots of lemon, rices, garden potatoes, protein pops, a low fat mayo mixed with a little bit of water (room temperature) for an organic wafer dip as snacks, and about 7-9 Vitamin Waters a day. Only took a couple months and I wasn't really that active either.

Thanks for all of your precious comments. Probably I'll start with walking and make it my routine. And then probably I'll swim If I can find a good place for it cause we dont have ocean in my city. First I wanna lose like 20-30 weight then probably I'll start some bodybuilding not much just little bit I'm really not fancy of big muscles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    So you're 6'4" and weigh 251 lbs? That's not too bad. I'd reccomend getting into bodybuilding. Gaining mass and building muscle is significantly easier when you start out as chubby rather than skinny. If all you want to do is lose weight and want to occasionally do cardio, then you have to know that diet is going to be a VERY LARGE part of it. I'm not talking about 50% or 60%, diet will be 90% of your weight loss. A good form of cardio that won't do damage to your joints is swimming. Swimming is fantastic for those who have joint issues. Hell, i'd swim for cardio... if I knew how to :[

If swimming is out of the equation, then try stationary bikes. The reason I say stationary and not a regular bike is because people tend to use momentum more when they're free riding, whereas if you're on a stationary bike, you're not likely to stop peddling out of the blue.
    This guy has it right. Diet is the most important. Cut of the junk you eat and eat real food. Even taking baby steps helps. For example, if potato chips are your weakness, cut only those and replace them with something healthy that you like -Fresh peas, strawberries, red peppers are a few good examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbert the View Post
    I lost about 37 american pounds eating lots of lemon, rices, garden potatoes, protein pops, a low fat mayo mixed with a little bit of water (room temperature) for an organic wafer dip as snacks, and about 7-9 Vitamin Waters a day. Only took a couple months and I wasn't really that active either.
    did you use some sort of website for this? I'm looking to lose a little weight, and this sounds great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boottybounce View Post
    did you use some sort of website for this? I'm looking to lose a little weight, and this sounds great.
    I'm not familiar with that diet but a great place for recipes and ideas is sparkpeople.com

Low carb diets will be most effective if you're looking to lose weight.

Deleted

Gaining muscle when you're 6"4 is going to take some serious work + supplement use if you want to look big.

If you're just looking to get fit OP, just doing some light/moderate weight training really improves cardiovascular fitness, strength and your mobility. Also mix in some cardio (rowing, jogging, running, cycling) which'll do the same but also help to cut down the body fat.

PS. And as other people have mentioned, diet is just as important, so definitely re-evaluate what you're eating as well.

Change your diet, severely reduce your calorie intake (which is far easier if you cut down your carbs). This won't make you fit, but it'll reduce your weight - pretty quickly, even - which will make cardio bearable for you. Just don't forget to eat plenty of protein.

if you want to improve your endurance(aka not get tired quickly) but don't like the gym, go for swimming. i personally try to swim at least 5 to 6 times a week for an hour or so in the morning - it freshens you and prepares your entire body for any physical activities during the day. as a regular swimmer for years now, i find it much more relaxing than the gym - esp early when you are all alone in the entire pool.

also pool doesn't require any prep outside of being able to swim; i would suggest talking to a trainer or at least someone who is regular at the gym for what exercises will fit you.

to improve your fitness try walking to the shops everyday, doesnt matter what u buy(u dont have to buy anything, but its good to have a reason) as this will help to build up your cardio(not much but it will help) - once you can do that without feeling tired try bike riding once a week, u only need to do a couple of miles at first and ride along level roads, increase to 2-3 times a week when u feel up to it and increase the distance at the same time - after this u should try running then, but only run for a few hundred meters at first, do not over do it(i done that once, felt really sick after about 300 meters), and again, once u feel u can easily do few hundred meters without feeling tired etc then increase your distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbert the View Post
    Warnign: lemons might not be such a good idea, after all. I've known people who got stomach ulcers doing that. be careful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wisecraft View Post

So my problem is I'm sitting in my ass for 3 years. I didn't go outside at all(except necessary things like buy bread or visit your friends, family etc.). And now I get tired so quickly for example today I go outside for buy a bread and then I got tired my feets hurts and I sweat so quickly(between market and my house is like 5-10 minutes). My height is 1.95 and my weight is 114. So my question is where can I start first? I tried some cardio things and I got tired quickly again and I couldnt do it anymore and I just scared for hurt my leg or something. I'm really open any suggestions guys. Thanks
    Wisecraft, at the moment you really need to go easy man. You can't rush it. Try starting with just a few minutes of enjoyable exercise a day, like jumping/dancing around, throwing a few punches. I agree with crackerjack: doing dome weights will be more beneficial than cardio at this moment: the more muscle you have, the faster you'll burn fat. 114 K is not the end of the world at your height, all you need to do is replace some extra fat (if there is any) with muscle. I seriously suggest you do a bit of weight training.

Deleted

start with diet.

basic rule of thumb (not overly scientific, btu does the job)
    For an inactive lifestyle you need about 12 X your current weight in pounds of calories per day for maintenance.

If you knock off 500 calories per day off that number then you will lose weight.

Now, assuming that 114 is kg that makes you about 250lbs, which is about 3000 calories per day.

Knock that down to 2500 (which is plenty to eat so you should not be hungry), and you will lose weight, spread that out over the day in several small meals and you should see sustainable weight loss. Adjust as you lose weight. (dont cut it much more than 500 calories as that can make your body go into panic mode and thats counterproductive, and not sustainable at all).

Losing weight will make you relatively stronger (same muscles, less to move) and take pressure off your joints, so cardio becomes easier.

I'd suggest just trying to walk more, and perhaps build in some bodyweight exercises to start with, and build up from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all of your precious comments. Probably I'll start with walking and make it my routine. And then probably I'll swim If I can find a good place for it cause we dont have ocean in my city. First I wanna lose like 20-30 weight then probably I'll start some bodybuilding not much just little bit I'm really not fancy of big muscles.
    You won't get big muscles by accident, don't worry.
    Read this: http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
    If you start lifting weights while losing weight, you will get muscle and you will lose weight faster. If you only do cardio while losing weight you will get much weaker and you will feel bad, thinking you were stronger when you were fat.
    PM me weird stuff :3

I'd love to get fit myself,I've never been highly motivated...sooner or later it must be done though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DMDSSPlayer View Post
    sooner or later it must be done though.
    Yeah, likewise... tomorrow never comes...

15+ Year Old Account

Motivational picture!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Start walking 2-3 hours a day. That'll get you down to 80 kilos after a couple of months. After that you could start running and get down to 70 kilos. You could also lift if that's your thing. Eat healthy 6 days a week and feel free to cheat a bit one day a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Motivational picture!
    That looks disgusting. It's probably because he is old. But he is in good shape so good for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    With height like that you are allowed to be fat, it will just make you bigger in a positive way.
    No it won't.

- - - Updated - - -

You could consider buying a couple of dumbbells and do exercises at home and cardio outside ig you dislike gyms. Don't worry about big muscles. You won't get them accidently by any means. People that are buff have gotten buff deliberately and work really hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ellith View Post
    Yeah, likewise... tomorrow never comes...
    I think "tomorrow" is a great way to go about it due to the mental preparation needed to begin properly and commit to something. The subsequent excuses are the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree. While the diet plays a big role it was definitely not 90% of the weight losing process for me. Walking and running was just as important. His weight is bad. Assuming that he does not lift he should weigh 70 kilos in my opinion so it is pretty bad, just not irreversably bad. But yeah, I've also heard that being a bit chubby can be good when it comes to gaining muscle.
    Last edited by Senathor; 2014-07-28 at 03:05 PM.