Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'll post my same post as i did in the other thread.

Count calories, watch your daily intake and make sure it's below maintenance, DO STRENGTH TRAINING, pound for pound you will lose fat with strength training vs cardio.

Cardio is good for helping caloric deficit, but if you can already manage your calories you don't need to emphasize cardio as much as strength training, but it's still good to do it for conditioning.

90% of the work is done by dieting, 10% is the gym. Make sure you eat healthy, don't listen to the pseudo nutritionists who say carbs are bad, they aren't, and it's also a source of your energy. Get your protein, lots of it, and supplement the rest between fats and carbs.

AND DONT LOOK AT THE SCALE, that will be your downfall, if your sole purpose is to see numbers drop, you're doing it wrong. You're looking to feel fit and feel fantastic. Do BODY MEASUREMENTS (chest, waist..etc).

also if you have a hard time managing your calories, use the Lose it! or MyFitnessPal App to log your calories. great app to use to keep yourself accountable.
    Last edited by Darkrulerxxx; 2014-07-28 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    i'll post my same post as i did in the other thread.

Count calories, watch your daily intake and make sure it's below maintenance, DO STRENGTH TRAINING, pound for pound you will lose fat with strength training vs cardio.

Cardio is good for helping caloric deficit, but if you can already manage your calories you don't need to emphasize cardio as much as strength training, but it's still good to do it for conditioning.

90% of the work is done by dieting, 10% is the gym. Make sure you eat healthy, don't listen to the pseudo nutritionists who say carbs are bad, they aren't, and it's also a source of your energy. Get your protein, lots of it, and supplement the rest between fats and carbs.

AND DONT LOOK AT THE SCALE, that will be your downfall, if your sole purpose is to see numbers drop, you're doing it wrong. You're looking to feel fit and feel fantastic. Do BODY MEASUREMENTS (chest, waist..etc).

also if you have a hard time managing your calories, use the Lose it! or MyFitnessPal App to log your calories. great app to use to keep yourself accountable.
    I think that is wrong actually. 10% is too little in my opinion. The diet makes up for a lot but working out is just as important becuase unless you're planning on starving yourself or losing weight really slowly focusing 90% of it all on the diet won't be good enough. The food should even out the calories your body burns by itself by doing essentially nothing. The working out part should be what burns the additional calories so it's also a very important part of it all. Focusing 90% on one part is not a good idea. Focusing on both a lot has proven to be the best thing for me. Personally I didn't even need to count my calories. Just eating normal food and exercising turned out to be enough. I just looked in the mirror every now and then and saw improvement. Also, looking at the scale is good for those who only do cardio and only want to lose weight. You don't need a super special diet to work out. Just eating normal food can be just fine. Not everyone wants to become a body builder. Just having a toned body is also great.
    Last edited by Senathor; 2014-07-28 at 06:56 PM.

Deleted
    Start Crossfit. Best sport there is. Just need to rest enough. For food you can eat about everything due to the huge amount of energy consuming

You can try to take the stairs instead of taking a elevator. At the beginning, you just walk one or two floors, and then you can do more. It does not need you to go far away from your house to do sports, just take a little time to do it near you. After a period of time, you will find your become fit.