High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Maged nerfed ever?

Hey guys I was wondering, were mages EVER nerfed to the ground and really weak in WoW? Any season? If Yes can You explain how?

I don't think they've ever been weak but they've lost their OP forever position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Mages weren't particularly competitive at any point in TBC arena. Sure RMP worked due to the exceptional synergy but there were only few really good teams. Compared to SL/SL Warlocks, Resto Druids, Hunters, Warriors and Rogues, Mages really kinda sucked for the whole expansion. In Wrath of the Lich King DKs and Paladins took all the ezmode titles. To be honest Mages haven't been OP very often. Sometimes, but your provocation is pretty bad or atleast misplaced.

There's more diversity in terms of top DPS now. Mages don't represent every DPS in top tier raids and are frequently out done by, say, warlocks, which also have a good amount of self heals, a tanking pet, etc. Hunters can also out DPS them, from what I've seen, and some others. Warriors.

Deleted
    im playing my mage in ashran atm on wod beta, they feel disgusting now, no defensives unless we sacrifice major cd's (alter time) since a few have become talents, its outragous, we dont stand a chance against much at all

Threads like this don't encourage the kind of discussion that we want on this board, I'm just going to close this now before we get there. Please think about the content of your post and how it contributes to this board before posting, we want to keep things constructive. Thanks.