Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Healers are much harder to play. Played both WW and MW and as MW positioning, timing, etc is way more harder and requires more attention.
    Healers are harder to play? That's news to me. Healing is overpowered and ridiculous.

We went from double dps 2s stuck around 1600 rating losing to heal/dps comps, then we switched over to healer/dps just try it out... and blew up to 2.2k rating in 1 night.

It's absolutely absurd how powerful healing is right now. Am I bad? Probably. Did I just get an easy 2.2k by switching to a healer? Yes.
    Last edited by Coldhearth; 2014-07-25 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Healers are harder to play? That's news to me. Healing is overpowered and ridiculous.

We went from double dps 2s stuck around 1600 rating losing to heal/dps comps, then we switched over to healer/dps just try it out... and blew up to 2.2k rating in 1 night.

It's absolutely absurd how powerful healing is right now. Am I bad? Probably. Did I just get an easy 2.2k by switching to a healer? Yes.
    2s is a very bad example cause healers are balanced 3s in mind meaning that healer should be able to sustain vs 2 people with proper cooldown usage and moderate peels. When healer dps is put against double dps the healer team usually has the upper hand due to the fact that the game will most likely be over in under 2 minutes until certain ratings where people have mastered double dps and play valid comps ( rogue/boomie, mage/rogue, affli/boomie ). Also when healer dps is facing each other it allows for far more mistakes to be made and still be able to come out on top.

If you say you went from 1600 scrub to 2.2k in a night one of you has to be playing WW monk or a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    2s is a very bad example cause healers are balanced 3s in mind meaning that healer should be able to sustain vs 2 people with proper cooldown usage and moderate peels. When healer dps is put against double dps the healer team usually has the upper hand due to the fact that the game will most likely be over in under 2 minutes until certain ratings where people have mastered double dps and play valid comps ( rogue/boomie, mage/rogue, affli/boomie ). Also when healer dps is facing each other it allows for far more mistakes to be made and still be able to come out on top.

If you say you went from 1600 scrub to 2.2k in a night one of you has to be playing WW monk or a mage.
    Mistweaver / Unholy DK

And never said I was a scrub. I have been high rated in 3s. Just saying 2s is stupid and I found it hilarious by switching to healing that we were able to just drool our way to victory.

Deleted
    Mistweaver / Unholy DK

And never said I was a scrub. I have been high rated in 3s. Just saying 2s is stupid and I found it hilarious by switching to healing that we were able to just drool our way to victory.
    well mw / uh dk is fotm 2s comp so i dont see why you wouldnt + dks rarely do well without healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    well mw / uh dk is fotm 2s comp so i dont see why you wouldnt + dks rarely do well without healers.
    I agree.

I just thought it was funny that the poster above said healers were harder to play. That's what I was commenting on.

With all the instant heals and other such nonsense, healing is actually pretty braindead. I am happy they are making some adjustments for WoD. Healing should require at least a little awareness. As it stands now, it's pretty mindless spamming instant heals and pillar humping. Even if you mess up, some 3 min CD is ready to cover your ass and heal your partner to full. It's honestly just dumb in it's current state.

It might be because I usually play healers but healers are significantly easier. Thats because healing is easier than damaging in terms of a "rotation". Its much harder for me to keep on top of positioning and enemy frames as a dps because I also have to pay attention to my rotational abilities, unlike my healer. My dk, for example, I have to keep up on my runes and my cds; my lock has to keep track of which dots I have on which people while keeping an eye on what enemies are doing and not overextending. My healer at the same rating is mostly sitting back and healing while trying desperately not to get cc'd, and coming out for things as needed.

If you got 2.2k in 1 night as healer/dps, your dps is really good. The healer brings about 20% of the skill in a 2s comp, you basically don't have to do or worry about most of the things you would in 3s but the dps still has to land kills without the help of a 2nd dps.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2014-07-25 at 04:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    Not that I'm bashing MW monks or anything, but aren't they kinda broken right now in that they only spam one button to heal effectively and have the stun immunity + insane mobility that makes them essentially unkillable? I would argue that playing other healers, even resto shamans, would require considerably more effort, especially in 2s.

Also, what rating do you play on? Any class is easy to play at low ratings.
    That one button spam will severely drain a mistweavers mana. It is only used for emergency healing. They are not un killable by any means, just need a simple coordinated burst and they fall over very quick. Which is something you don't find much of at low ratings. They actually require alot more effort and more micro management than other healers. MW has to constantly generate and spend chi to build up mana tea stacks to use later for healing spheres or else they will oom extremely fast with healing sphere spam.

So really, they are only "broken" because they are the new class and not everyone has fully grasped the mechanics of the MW. They see that stun immunity out of nowhere and immediately think overpowered.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Healers are much harder to play. Played both WW and MW and as MW positioning, timing, etc is way more harder and requires more attention.
    I loled, big time.
    Everything is easy. Chain CC, los their cc, don't los your players. Win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If you got 2.2k in 1 night as healer/dps, your dps is really good. The healer brings about 20% of the skill in a 2s comp, you basically don't have to do or worry about most of the things you would in 3s but the dps still has to land kills without the help of a 2nd dps.
    Lol.. Currently at over 2.4 in 2s, love my healer, and he loves me. We chain together, absolutely not carrying him, he doens't carry me. If it wasnt for his fears, into a typhon los then rooted, while i grip the dps, so he can clone rotate twice on each, then into a full asphyixate and then start the motion, we wouldn't win. It's not 20% for him 80% on me. Stop thinking healer or dps is easy. Most people are bad and blame it on others.

Been at high rating on healer and dps. No difference, however I prefer dps because I hate having to heal a dps that sux, however with DPS I can do my potential and the healer can do his and we will get to so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    He is really good. We are both experienced in 3s, so it's not like we're new to the scene. I just thought it was funny how easy and laughable it was. You are correct about the cc to line up kills. As Mist monk, throwing CC around was vital to landing killing blows.

Deleted
    Whenever I see someone on the high rating mount or having some title tied to arena pvp, it's ALWAYS a class with healing capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Icecreamcake View Post
    I'm curious, is it easier to get a higher MMR playing as healer? As in, is it easier to succeed in Arena playing as a healer compared to a DPS? Sure it's more comp reliant and skill is always a big factor, but do healers have an easier time in the Arena compared to DPS?

Healers require generally more skill/awareness /decision-making/multitasking then DPS while DPS has to set up a GO, has to be good with personals and not overlap and be good at kicks without getting faked. Healers can carry average-poor DPS in arena while bad DPS can't carry healers. Depends how far do we go but one can't really do without another. Bad DPS won't win you many games.

And the main reason why it requires more skill in general is that healing class in arena is unforgiving, your overextend in a bad spot, made a bad decisions with cooldown management will decide quite often the outcome of the game. I started playing healers in BFA while PVE healing is a lot easier then in PvP but when you ranking goes up in PvP it becomes quite of a challenge to say the least.2k CR + where people actually become pretty good at the game already. Simply if you have a bad day, you play bad. Your team wont win a lot. You tilt? because your DPS has too low DPS? Lines you, gets into los, overextends? don't peel when really required well That's even worse. Generally DPS can in fact make more mistakes and still outcome to be a winner with decent healer. Worse DPS players are those who are aoe'ing the CC like potatoes avoid those at all cost. Mistakes happen but not 5 times in a game. You can get away with a bit worse healer then you can get away with bad DPS. Healing a bad positioning DPS who goes all ham and tunnel visions can be rather stressful and these days people are a lot better in PvP then they used to be back in days. PvP is more competitive for sure.

I hope it helps.

Both can carry but Healer role imo is less forgiving as in higher MMR DPS does not do Rookie mistakes as much. While on low CR I believe DPS actually is an harder role to play due the things I mentioned earlier. "LOS, CC breaks, tunnel vision" No peels and good management of personals.
    Last edited by RealAwoken; 2020-08-22 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealAwoken View Post
    Healers require generally more skill/awareness /decision-making/multitasking then DPS while DPS has to set up a GO and be good at kicks without getting faked. Healers can carry average-poor DPS in arena while bad DPS can't carry healers.

And the main reason why it requires more skill in general is that healing class in arena is unforgiving, your overextend in a bad spot, made a bad decisions with cooldown management will decide quite often the outcome of the game. I started playing healers in BFA while PVE healing is a lot easier when you ranking goes up in PvP it becomes quite of a challenge. Simply if you have a bad day, you play bad. Your team wont win. You tilt? because your DPS has too low DPS? That's even worse. Generally DPS can in fact make more mistakes and still outcome to be a winner with decent healer. Worse DPS players are those who are aoe'ing the CC like potatoes avoid those at all cost. Mistakes happen but not 5 times in a game.

I hope it helps.

Both can carry but Healer role is less forgiving.
    Dude, this thread is from 2014... I bet these people don't even play wow anymore, and if they do they achieved their goal long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RealAwoken View Post
    Healers require generally more skill/awareness /decision-making/multitasking then DPS while DPS has to set up a GO and be good at kicks without getting faked. Healers can carry average-poor DPS in arena while bad DPS can't carry healers.

And the main reason why it requires more skill in general is that healing class in arena is unforgiving, your overextend in a bad spot, made a bad decisions with cooldown management will decide quite often the outcome of the game. I started playing healers in BFA while PVE healing is a lot easier then in PvP but when you ranking goes up in PvP it becomes quite of a challenge to say the least.2k CR where people actually become good at the game already Simply if you have a bad day, you play bad. Your team wont win. You tilt? because your DPS has too low DPS? That's even worse. Generally DPS can in fact make more mistakes and still outcome to be a winner with decent healer. Worse DPS players are those who are aoe'ing the CC like potatoes avoid those at all cost. Mistakes happen but not 5 times in a game.

I hope it helps.

Both can carry but Healer role is less forgiving.
    stoped doing arenas once mop came out,before in wrath and cata i did 2.4 in 3's as a healer,personaly for me healing was far easier than dps,granted i played a holy pala so it was a lot easier than some others like priest

one of my partners had glad with multiple dps specs and he also felt it was an easier time to heal than dps,he was shadow and hunter,there was a lot to do with those specs,wile healer mostly had to los,dispel and heal,a few specs were more agresive again,like disc,thats in wrath atleast,these days healers proly need to dps more than my holy pala could in wrath atleast,also didnt have kick back then